Travel agent predicts tourists will return as soon as Covid-19 ends

webfact

He said,     Most people will prefer to stay at home and not travel overseas, yes he is quite right so where is the big tourist surge going to come from, if it is thai's who are going to be the bulk of the tourists that will mean no foreign money coming in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozz1 said:

I see bali and the Philippines are welcoming tourists now  and they have active cases why would international tourists come here and jump through thai hoops just to visit unless they change it they will be so far behind they will never catch up in the short-term anyway

Exactly. people will go where it's easier to go and not jump through hoops.

During confinement many people had time to think that maybe it's better to spend holidays at home

or close by and by that token help the economy of their country instead of a foreign country' economy.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Karn added that most locals will prefer to travel within the country instead of going overseas...

Because most locals don't have the money anyway to go overseas for a holiday trip ?

• Like 1

Just now, possum1931 said:

The soldiers government will need to do everything that is mentioned on #2 before any tourists comes to Thailand.

Does any Thaivisa member think that all the nonsense including the $100.000 insurance farce will continue once the virus is over or controlled?

Does anyone here think the virus will ever be over or controlled?

He also predicted

....you should have asked my Labrador. He can predict also.... that he will get his food Today. 

But honestly, this tourist expert is another one who opend his mouth just for nonsense but not for news

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Does anyone here think the virus will ever be over or controlled?

I personally think that this virus will be just like any other flu, they should find a vaccine eventually just as they have vaccines for the different types of flu that happen all the time in all the countries.

20 hours ago, Brunolem said:

What does it mean exactly that covid 19 ends?

Zero new case worldwide?

The flu will always be here and coven19 is another strain of it. As is always reported, the vast majority of people who had the virus in Thailand have recovered and are back home.

• Like 2

The people who have no money to buy medical insurance are the same people who have no money to pay medical bills. Although I wouldn’t trust Thai insurance companies, international medical insurance should be regulated to charge reasonable premiums based on expected cost. As a person gets older, expected medical costs rises rapidly.

But US$100,000 medical coverage is crazy. My colon ruptured, many expensive tests, private room in a private hospital, heavy expensive antibiotics for two weeks and my total bill was about $7000. My school provided medical insurance had a maximum payout 40,000 baht. Fortunately I had enough cash in my Thai bank accounts to cover the rest

The number of posts from people using short time visa and border runs because they don’t qualify financially for long-term visa demonstrate the need to require medical insurance.

I think if someone has 800,000 baht deposited to an account in Thailand, then they can be exempt from medical insurance. Insurance for 2 to 3 week visit is quite cheap.

The Intended purpose for short times visas was to come to Thailand and visit, then return to their country for a few months and then come again. It was not meant to live in Thailand with border hops.

Assuming It is possible to fly out of Thailand, but heavy restrictions coming back into Thailand maybe the government will use this to get rid of people living with short term visas and border hops.

• Like 2

Karn Tantichavalit, the company’s managing director, said 62 per cent of those who visit Thailand are return tourists, while only 20 per cent are first-time visitors.

OK, so just who the ell are the other 18% if not 1st time or returning tourists ? The tourist man wouldn't be suggesting that 18% of people on the tourists figures and near 8 million of the golden fabled  figures are actually migrant workers and people changing planes would he ? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you expect?

What would happen if you have a heart attack and have to go into a hospital. A few days, an operation or two, and that cost real money. Do you have that money ready? And if not, who should pay it? The Thai tax payers?

It's easy to understand that you want to come here. But look at it from the Thai point of view. What is the advantage for Thailand to let you in without insurance and maybe without quarantine?

Yes, sure, but why enforce people (no... farang only, because Laos, Myanmar and Cambodgian people will not) to stay in a very high standing hotel for 2 weeks ? Before they were authorized to stay at there own home 2 weeks and it was perfect like that.

Why talk about foreigner as "tourists" all the time, what ever they do in Thailand ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

70-per-cent more revenue will be generated in the tourism sector this year if the crisis is completely resolved,

That's a pretty big "IF". One that isn't going to happen. No vaccine has been developed for Corona Virus in the history of forever. How about that AIDS vaccine? Global tourism is done and those that hold out for a recovery will bleed to death.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and how often do you think that  taxpayers in the UK have paid for Thai peoples hospital treatment when they are in the UK? I cannot comment on other countries and their hospitals.

And that and many other problems are obviously the reasons why the UK and other countries make it difficult for Thais and many other nationalities to go there.

I guess if Thais would make it as difficult for foreigners to come here like the UK makes it for Thai people then there would be a lot less visitors. Thailand wants tourists and their money so they only put up a few rules to make sure the tax payers profit from the visitors and don't have to pay for them. 

43 minutes ago, Ricky J said:

Best thing I ever did was return home,,, now just have to get my family out,,,, can't wait,,,

If they let them out... Thailand ? The memories weren't that great.

Good bye 

Part of the problem is probably how difficult it will be to get your Thai family into whatever place you live now...

1 hour ago, Dialemco said:

The sooner everyone realises there will be no international tourism probably before 2022 earliest the better and get on with their lives.

Yes, I think you are correct. Certainly those who come here to Thailand with not be regular or first time 2 week tourists. I expect it will be long term travellers here who have visited Thailand many times over the years and built up ties here such as partners, family, friends and "special friends" who they have possibly never met - maybe only online.

The type of western tourists who go to Samui, Hua Hin, Phuket and islands will likely not be going far from home (if at all) for a very long time. Lack of funds and fear of flying are the biggest deterrents. Many have an aversion to going to their next county/state let alone 6,000+ miles away.   

Edited by soi3eddie

22 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Yeah and pigs will fly as long as the stupid rules are kept in place to allow travel into Thailand. I am 73 and $100,000 of health insurance would cost 124,000 baht plus 30,000 baht minimum for 2 weeks of compulsory quarantine before I can even start my holiday and another 2 weeks of quarantine assuming that I returned to the UK. 

Ah, but, in that case you would not be a tourist but a would-be martyr under instruction. Next module is self-flagellation.....????