To Outlook or not

Valentine

15 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Be very careful with the Office 365 you can buy on Ebay.  They send you keys which are a part of educational licenses, for example from a school or university. Once the find out about this they will cancel the license. And you will lose the content on Onedrive. 

Office 365 Home is cheap, about 60 Euro a year if you find a nice discount. If you care about the content you have on Onedrive I would not take the risk with a license you are not entitled to.

I think some of the Office 365 licences are volume license keys and could potentially become unusable at a later date. They licence I bought on eBay was for a retail version of Office 2019 Pro Plus. I used that licence to download and install Office 2019 from MS servers using the MS Office Deployment Toolkit, so I reckon it's a legitimate key. It's been working fine since July 1st 2019.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I used that licence to download and install Office 2019 from MS servers using the MS Office Deployment Toolkit, so I reckon it's a legitimate key.

Believe me, if you pay $3 for a $400 software package you get something illegal.

The key is only a 16 digit number. Once you find out the logic behind it you can generate them yourself, and that is exactly what they do.

I use the keys for Microsoft Servers. They register at Microsoft without problems, updates work good etc. But the keys are not legitimate. But Microsoft server is about $800, and they keys at Ebay are about $5. The temptation is simply too great.