Volunteer visa via agent?

Update: I pressed Elite again on my likelihood of getting the approval letter before the end of Amnesty. They say based on their experience they're confident it should arrive by the end of this month, so I'm going to put aside the Agent lead for now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, darrendsd said:

A friend of mine has just received a Volunteer Visa - no WP needed

Cost was 42k for 15 months

Medical visas available for 17k for 90 days

Medical Visa? Where can I get it? Which option is better volunteer or medical visa?

Until now I only have the option of the volunteer visa 25.000 bahts for 3 months. It would count after 26th of september, so I would have visa until the last days of december.

I ask some schools, because I would study thai, and the answers were like those:

1. Unless something has changed within the last week or so that I am unaware of, it's not possible to apply for an ED visa within Thailand.

2. We don't provide an education visa program for the time being.

3. Thank you for your email, you can change inside Thailand to a student visa in Pattaya and then study in BKK. The cost to change in Pattaya for 6 months is 36000b. This is 18000b for the documents for the office, and 13000b for immigration to change inside, and then 5000b for 1 expansion for 90 days. 

So, I will not pay 36.000 bahts for 3 months (until september I have the tourist visa). I'm asking some other schools. For the time I'm interested, to pay 25k volunteer visa and to study thai seems the better option until now.

1 hour ago, jonga80 said:

Medical Visa? Where can I get it? Which option is better volunteer or medical visa?

Until now I only have the option of the volunteer visa 25.000 bahts for 3 months. It would count after 26th of september, so I would have visa until the last days of december.

I ask some schools, because I would study thai, and the answers were like those:

1. Unless something has changed within the last week or so that I am unaware of, it's not possible to apply for an ED visa within Thailand.

2. We don't provide an education visa program for the time being.

3. Thank you for your email, you can change inside Thailand to a student visa in Pattaya and then study in BKK. The cost to change in Pattaya for 6 months is 36000b. This is 18000b for the documents for the office, and 13000b for immigration to change inside, and then 5000b for 1 expansion for 90 days. 

So, I will not pay 36.000 bahts for 3 months (until september I have the tourist visa). I'm asking some other schools. For the time I'm interested, to pay 25k volunteer visa and to study thai seems the better option until now.

While I was looking into the school option, I found a similar offer with one school but they proposed 2 extensions, so 44K = 9 months.

7 minutes ago, beachtime said:

How is it possible to get Elite Visa for 65K ? I thought they were minimum 500K for 5 years.

If anyone know or can direct me to an agent greatly appreciated.

My apologies if anything I said wasn't clear. The 65K is for the solution offered by this particular agent (volunteer visa), completely unrelated to the Elite visa, which indeed is 500K for 5 years.

1 hour ago, beachtime said:

ok thanks.

it looks like there are a lot of new volunteer visa applicants.

Is there a risk of them not being approved or have they all been granted?

That's what I'd like to know too, I can't find any return of experience on the service or a similar one recently.

4 hours ago, beachtime said:

ok thanks.

My assumption is that the 65k THB  fee include a sufficient amount of tea money that ensures issuance of the visa.

Would this be multiple entry though assuming you'd have or want to leave the country sometimes once travel resumes?

On 8/3/2020 at 3:29 PM, Seik said:

Update: I pressed Elite again on my likelihood of getting the approval letter before the end of Amnesty. They say based on their experience they're confident it should arrive by the end of this month, so I'm going to put aside the Agent lead for now.

You will be fine. Depending on your nationality and record this should be processed quickly and most definitely prior to SEP 26th.

5 hours ago, beachtime said:

ok thanks.

Or even if it does get approved, is there a risk you could be detained and deported for not using the visa as intended?  What are you going to say if you get questioned about your volunteer work by a random police officer searching for overstayers?

51 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Can get 3, 6, 12 months , more than 18 K though , just pay the money and thats it .

My Thai friend knows all about it , PM me if you want her contact details 

Do you mean with that same Visa agency with the agent that got busted?

11 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

According to their Facebook page she's been reinstated and is back at her desk today. 

If she had gone down, there was the potential to take some pretty senior officials with her. This seems like a classic example of where it will be announced that the case has been dismissed for lack of evidence. It is just an unfounded rumour that she is involved in corrupt practices with senior immigration officials.

8 hours ago, rott said:

Funny old world. 

Sometimes things just sort themselves out. 

Immigration really made a rod for their own back with the new rules. They clearly want people using agents, but they've made the whole thing so complicated that the rules are almost impossible to comply with in many circumstances. Hence the vagueness and lack of detail about the whole thing.

Personally I'd be more than happy to see some of this red tape wound back a bit, immigration has been like a dog with a bone in their reforms this past couple of years. 

Archived