Jump to content
BANGKOK
Seik

Volunteer visa via agent?

Recommended Posts

Update: I pressed Elite again on my likelihood of getting the approval letter before the end of Amnesty. They say based on their experience they're confident it should arrive by the end of this month, so I'm going to put aside the Agent lead for now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, darrendsd said:

A friend of mine has just received a Volunteer Visa - no WP needed

 

Cost was 42k for 15 months

 

Medical visas available for 17k for 90 days

Medical Visa? Where can I get it? Which option is better volunteer or medical visa?

 

Until now I only have the option of the volunteer visa 25.000 bahts for 3 months. It would count after 26th of september, so I would have visa until the last days of december.

 

I ask some schools, because I would study thai, and the answers were like those:

 

1. Unless something has changed within the last week or so that I am unaware of, it's not possible to apply for an ED visa within Thailand.

 

2. We don't provide an education visa program for the time being.

 

3. Thank you for your email, you can change inside Thailand to a student visa in Pattaya and then study in BKK. The cost to change in Pattaya for 6 months is 36000b. This is 18000b for the documents for the office, and 13000b for immigration to change inside, and then 5000b for 1 expansion for 90 days. 

 

So, I will not pay 36.000 bahts for 3 months (until september I have the tourist visa). I'm asking some other schools. For the time I'm interested, to pay 25k volunteer visa and to study thai seems the better option until now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jonga80 said:

Medical Visa? Where can I get it? Which option is better volunteer or medical visa?

 

Until now I only have the option of the volunteer visa 25.000 bahts for 3 months. It would count after 26th of september, so I would have visa until the last days of december.

 

I ask some schools, because I would study thai, and the answers were like those:

 

1. Unless something has changed within the last week or so that I am unaware of, it's not possible to apply for an ED visa within Thailand.

 

2. We don't provide an education visa program for the time being.

 

3. Thank you for your email, you can change inside Thailand to a student visa in Pattaya and then study in BKK. The cost to change in Pattaya for 6 months is 36000b. This is 18000b for the documents for the office, and 13000b for immigration to change inside, and then 5000b for 1 expansion for 90 days. 

 

So, I will not pay 36.000 bahts for 3 months (until september I have the tourist visa). I'm asking some other schools. For the time I'm interested, to pay 25k volunteer visa and to study thai seems the better option until now.

While I was looking into the school option, I found a similar offer with one school but they proposed 2 extensions, so 44K = 9 months.

Edited by Seik
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is it possible to get Elite Visa for 65K ? I thought they were minimum 500K for 5 years.

If anyone know or can direct me to an agent greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, beachtime said:

How is it possible to get Elite Visa for 65K ? I thought they were minimum 500K for 5 years.

If anyone know or can direct me to an agent greatly appreciated.

My apologies if anything I said wasn't clear. The 65K is for the solution offered by this particular agent (volunteer visa), completely unrelated to the Elite visa, which indeed is 500K for 5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, beachtime said:

How is it possible to get Elite Visa for 65K ?

You cannot get one for that price. Perhaps a misunderstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok thanks.

it looks like there are a lot of new volunteer visa applicants.

Is there a risk of them not being approved or have they all been granted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beachtime said:

ok thanks.

it looks like there are a lot of new volunteer visa applicants.

Is there a risk of them not being approved or have they all been granted?

That's what I'd like to know too, I can't find any return of experience on the service or a similar one recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, beachtime said:

ok thanks.

it looks like there are a lot of new volunteer visa applicants.

Is there a risk of them not being approved or have they all been granted?

 

My assumption is that the 65k THB  fee include a sufficient amount of tea money that ensures issuance of the visa.

 

Would this be multiple entry though assuming you'd have or want to leave the country sometimes once travel resumes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 3:29 PM, Seik said:

Update: I pressed Elite again on my likelihood of getting the approval letter before the end of Amnesty. They say based on their experience they're confident it should arrive by the end of this month, so I'm going to put aside the Agent lead for now.

You will be fine. Depending on your nationality and record this should be processed quickly and most definitely prior to SEP 26th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in the Volunteer visa as well.. does anyone know of any agencies in Phuket?

 

Also, is it possible to fly to Bangkok now? (from Phuket)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, beachtime said:

ok thanks.

it looks like there are a lot of new volunteer visa applicants.

Is there a risk of them not being approved or have they all been granted?

Or even if it does get approved, is there a risk you could be detained and deported for not using the visa as intended?  What are you going to say if you get questioned about your volunteer work by a random police officer searching for overstayers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, padthaininja said:

Also, is it possible to fly to Bangkok now? (from Phuket)

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...