1 year Extension of stay

Dear all, i need the experts advice here. Read some of the posters's experience, i'm getting worry that I may mess up my chance for extension of visa.

Please advice me when should i apply my extension of stay.

1. I have non-imm O multiple visa (expiring in mid August)

2. Wanted to apply a 1 year extension of stay months ago but ended got a 60 days extension. And my 60days extension already finished in this month but as the amnesty is extended hence I did not go to the immigration office.

3. My non-imm O visa expire in mid August.

My concern is when should i apply my 1 year of extension?

As my non-imm O visa expires mid august, do I have to apply 15 days before the visa stamp expires in mid August? I should go in first week of August?

Or can I apply any time after mid August to end August even though my visa stamp already expired, it will not affect my 1 year extension application?

The latest immigration information is allow us to apply before the amnesty period ends. But not sure must we need to apply before our visa stamp expires?

Edited by Alittleguy

Your visas expiration date means nothing after you are in the country. It is only the last day you can use it to enter the country to get new 90 day entry.

You can apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage at any time now if you can meet the financial requirements.

But the immigration office you have to apply at may refuse to do it since you are now on a automatic extension under the amnesty. Not correct but not much you can do about it,

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your visas expiration date means nothing after you are in the country. It is only the last day you can use it to enter the country to get new 90 day entry.

You can apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage at any time now if you can meet the financial requirements.

But the immigration office you have to apply at may refuse to do it since you are now on a automatic extension under the amnesty. Not correct but not much you can do about it,

Thanks Ubonjoe,

in this case I will go CW in mid august as next week probably is still early stage of the amnesty period so maybe as what you said, they may not want to process my application. 

Hopefully the officers will be lenient on us in this difficult crisis period and grant us an extension.

19 hours ago, Alittleguy said:

Thanks Ubonjoe,

in this case I will go CW in mid august as next week probably is still early stage of the amnesty period so maybe as what you said, they may not want to process my application. 

Hopefully the officers will be lenient on us in this difficult crisis period and grant us an extension.

There have been many folk on ME marriage that have already obtained annual extension based on marriage.

The ones I have read applied while on extension (not amnesty). ME marriage guys and also some that entered visa exempt, tourist visa etc and obtained 30 day extension obtained non o retirement/marriage etc and then annual extension. 

I have also read reports that guys that had previously used their one available extension were refused.

Personally I would attend immigration now and find out where you stand. Why wait to find out what your options are.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Ubonjoe does that mean my visa which is a non imm o mult   good to Dec.2020 is not good until then?

When you can leave and re-enter the country it will still be valid until that day to use for entry and get a new 90 day entry.

55 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

And is only good to 26 sept.?By duing the 90 extension in August doesn't that take me to nov.?

There is no 90 day extension you can apply for. You can only apply for a 60 day extension to visa your or for one year based upon marriage if you can meet the financial requirements.

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

Ubonjoe does that mean my visa which is a non imm o mult   good to Dec.2020 is 

not good until then? And is only good to 26 sept.?By duing the 90 extension in August

doesn't that take me to nov.?

You could at some point apply for 60 day extension to visit family and during that 60 day move to annual extension based on marriage. What that means is your ditching your ME marriage. If (when borders open) you wish to exit/reenter Thailand you would need buy a reentry permit. 

Also have in place the financials either money in bank or 2 monthly deposits. Not difficult. 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:21 PM, ubonjoe said:

Hello, do you have a list of offices where it was refused to people under amnesty ?

And what is the solution ? pretend to move somewhere else where the idiots are a bit less ?

7 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Funny,I just rang 1178 imm hot line and they said if my visa is valid to dec/2020 all

I need to do is bring my passport to imm.for a 90 day extension nothing else just

passport.

you do that and report back here with the result.