BANGKOK
Blake Stephenson

Cannot send mail to the US?

Reality, send by DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc. Companies seen able to get the mail delivered within a week without issue. Think the rate is around 1100 baht.

• Like 1

My guess is that the current situation in the US with Trump's appointed lackey slowing down mail delivery is the root cause of your delays; nothing to do with the Covid virus.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

I too sent my tax returns using EMS a few weeks ago. Haven't checked to see if it got there

Related Question (hope that is okay):

How about mail coming from USA? Every year social security sends me letter asking if I'm still alive, with form to sign and return, usually around Sept or Oct I think.

If we don't get it, we can't sign and return it & then SS may be cut off. Anyone have any info on this situation?

If we do somehow get letter from USA, any provisions to print out, sign, scan and return by email?

Social Security for US citizens is now handled in Manila.  If you do not receive your letter when expected you can contact the and receive the form via email that you can complete, sign, scan and return to them via email.

• Thanks 1

Blake Robinson, 

I was going to send a letter last week.  Thai post said 888 thb so I did not send.  They told me that regular delivery not available only express.  I also know that services such as DHL, Fed Ex, and UPS are still sending but the last time I used such a service it was about $75 USD to deliver. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

Where's the logic in accepting parcel post by air,but not letter post to the US? 

Since air mail is operating to other locations one could imagine that it's the other end doing the limiting.

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Since air mail is operating to other locations one could imagine that it's the other end doing the limiting.

Yes, but then parcel post shouldn't be accepted as well. 

1 hour ago, lovelg10 said:

My guess is that the current situation in the US with Trump's appointed lackey slowing down mail delivery is the root cause of your delays; nothing to do with the Covid virus.

How do you know it is not an obama lackey holdover doing it?

• Haha 1

Outgoing airmail still triggers the default Thai service response as usual..

CANNOT

• Haha 1

Why don't you try another post office? If you send important documents then use DHL, or other companies. 

I paid 1,000 baht for a letter thru EMS to Europe at the local post office. There's no restriction for certain nationals.

5 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

Sent my 2019 IRS tax returns via Fedex last week, cost me 800 Baht and tracking number said was delivered  in 4 days.  

good because i want to make sure my election ballot gets back in time to see a certain fat <deleted> out of office

• Haha 1

DHL   gets my vote.     Twice had bad service from FedEX

Sorry but this is off topic, but wondering if anyone knows.

I want to order from Aliexpress from china, does anyone know if those packages are being allowed by Thailand to enter the country and be delivered?

Removed several off-topic posts (not about mail from Thailand to the USA)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, steve2112 said:

good because i want to make sure my election ballot gets back in time to see a certain fat <deleted> out of office

Biden is not in office and he is not fat! You need to seek help for your TDS! This has nothing to do with the mail service!! Grow-up!

Edited by MyTHaiMyKe