Incentives after years of recedency an millions of bath

Beowolf

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Talk about back to front---she is going with a load of old wrinkly's probably getting nearer to her granddads age to get her family out of poverty---and you want the credit for it. Or she has taken an easier route and married one of them.

Don't believe I've ever had one that was doing it for the family.

They all seemed to be doing it to buy the latest smartphone.

Maybe I'm just meeting a more selfish class of hooker than you.

My latest sideline pal is doing it to make the repayments on her car.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

The only frustrating thing about living here,immigration.

The other things like double pricing ++++,it’s my choice if I want to pay.

BUT it would be nice if the Thai government brought in a tier system for expats that have lived here incident free for 5 years or more.

Maybe like doing away with the 90 day reporting. Increasing the visa status to 2 years instead of yearly. Reducing the monthly required income To help with the strong baht,reviewed yearly. 
But to be honest the only time I feel like I am being taken advantage off is when I see a traffic road block,and the double pricing for foreigners.

I still feel like I live a better life here than I would in my home country.

But things could be a bit easier for long term expats that have done the right thing. Would I do it all again,yes I would but with some minor adjustments to the amount of money i invested here.

6 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

But to be honest the only time I feel like I am being taken advantage off is when I see a traffic road block

Keep squeaky clean and they've no reason to tap you up for tea money.  My wife and I have been stopped on the bike dozens of times and no fines. I've always found the BiB to be polite as well.

Edited by torturedsole
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know that you, and many other farangs, think that you are single handedly saving Thailand by the money you bring in, but in the context of all Thailand it's insignificant. Every farang married to a Thai could leave tomorrow and it would make no difference to the country at large, though it would be an individual tragedy for all those Thai families with farang ATMs.

good entry - agree

many are those who should keep this in mind

• Like 1

2 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Keep squeaky clean and they've no reason to tap you up for tea money.  My wife and I have been stopped on the bike dozens of times and no fines. I've always found the BiB to be polite as well.

Yes I agree,but when your riding in a group of say 10 to 20 Thais after leaving the intersection and you see the Thais just Cruze on thru the check point,You know once they spot you it’s a 95% chance they are going to pull you over. No problem as I have a Thai license,but just gets a bit frustrating. Mind you since Covid arrived I have noticed that there are very few checkpoints around at the moment. Less tourists means less tea money as they know the Thais are struggling with jobs and money. But it’s all part of living in the LOS.

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Don't believe I've ever had one that was doing it for the family.

They all seemed to be doing it to buy the latest smartphone.

Maybe I'm just meeting a more selfish class of hooker than you.

My latest sideline pal is doing it to make the repayments on her car.

How many times will you have to bang her until the car payments are repaid ?

19 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I Love that line...... You screw a girl 20-maybe 30 years younger than you & as your banging away all your thinking is---only doing this to get a Thai family out of the poverty trap. Better take her younger mate tomorrow get her family out of it too.

Talk about back to front---she is going with a load of old wrinkly's probably getting nearer to her granddads age to get her family out of poverty---and you want the credit for it. Or she has taken an easier route and married one of them.

Many years ago, a foreign psychologist working with Western clients in Bangkok told me that the most common issues he saw in his practice were wives sleeping with their drivers, and husbands sleeping with bar girls. What was interesting to him was that the men kept doing it not because of the sex, but because of the "rescue" aspect - they loved seeing themselves as heroes who were saving families from poverty. That savior complex seems to still be around after all this time.

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

How many times will you have to bang her until the car payments are repaid ?

don't worry............. i've offered to help out as well .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rumak said:

don't worry............. i've offered to help out as well .

Yeah me too , as Shes got a car , I've asked her to pick me up at Chiang Mai airport next Wednesday afternoon and drive me to Lamphun , 1500 Baht and about an hours drive, not to bad 

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yeah me too , as Shes got a car , I've asked her to pick me up at Chiang Mai airport next Wednesday afternoon and drive me to Lamphun , 1500 Baht and about an hours drive, not to bad 

Thailand and young ladies.   It's all about sharing   ????

On 8/1/2020 at 4:23 AM, Beowolf said:

I still have to met up at the police station (emigration) as a common criminal.

So at immigration they handcuffed you and locked you in a cell? I never had that experience. I just go in and fill out some paperwork and am free to come and go as I please. I'm not treated like a criminal at all, just a visitor in a foreign country.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, hansnl said:

Not single handedly.

But now suppose every expat farang brings in 50,000 Baht.

Suppose there are 100,000 expat farang.

Now do the sums.

100,000 X 50,000 X 12.

60,000,000,000 Baht per year.

And then the investment in houses, cars, motorbikes etc, etc.

You think that makes no difference at all?

For that amount you need a hell of a number of Chinese tourists.

A former provincial governor knew better and wasn't afraid to say so.

He thought that every farang expat brought a job for 2.4 Thai.

Legal jobs, outside the Pattaya kind.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Thai female involved farang tourism/ expats are not much in the entirety of the Thai economy.

The places where they are important is very small- Pattaya, Soi Cowboy, Nana, Patpong, Bangla, parts of Issan. The islands, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai are so small as not to count.

Even tourism as a whole isn't a major part of the Thai economy.

We farangs make a great deal of difference on an individual basis- we have girlfriends, wives, children and spend money in the shops, bars and holiday accommodation/ restaurants. However it's just an individual importance, not national importance.

For all we know, the Malaysians coming across the border for a bit of weekend fun and games contribute as much as every farang put together.

But now suppose every expat farang brings in 50,000 Baht.

If that's monthly you are dreaming. Some would, but not all by a long chalk.

Suppose there are 100,000 expat farang.

He thought that every farang expat brought a job for 2.4 Thai.

By my calculations that's about 300,000 jobs. Population of Thailand= about 67 million. That's 66.7 million that don't have farang provided jobs.

We have to look at the bigger picture, not as an individual.

BTW. If we really counted for something Immigration would be welcoming us, and making it easy to stay, but they ain't, are they?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

So at immigration they handcuffed you and locked you in a cell? I never had that experience. I just go in and fill out some paperwork and am free to come and go as I please. I'm not treated like a criminal at all, just a visitor in a foreign country.

I was once treated as a criminal by a female IO at Chiang Mai when I tried to do a TM28. I gave up and left when she started threatening me. She also didn't know what a TM 28 was.

On 8/2/2020 at 10:12 AM, CorpusChristie said:

Why wouldnt the men just give the money to the woman then (without having sex) if the reason he gave her money was it made him feel heroic ?

perhaps he didn,t want to hurt her feelings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2020 at 11:26 PM, CorpusChristie said:

She must drive slowly. Done it hundreds of times by car and m'bike, and took me under 1 hour unless traffic jam on old Lamphun road.  If not in a rush could take the blue songtheaw from the market for 20 baht, purple AC bus for 25. Yellow songtheaw from outside the Airport mall on Hang Don road for 30 if I remember right. Big bus from main bus station 20 baht is faster as takes the super highway but evens out as would take time and 100 baht from airport to main bus station.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was once treated as a criminal by a female IO at Chiang Mai when I tried to do a TM28. I gave up and left when she started threatening me. She also didn't know what a TM 28 was.

I don't know what a TM28 is either.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Yellow songtheaw from outside the Airport mall on Hang Don road for 30 if I remember right.

Only goes as far as the 'Buffalo market' just beyond San Patong (as far as I know).

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

Only goes as far as the 'Buffalo market' just beyond San Patong.

Have to take the correct yellow songtheaw. There's more than one route. The one I took went from the Lamphun bus station. I used to take it if I wanted to go to the movies at the Airport Mall, as it went right past it. Usually took blue songtheaw back as I enjoyed looking at those big trees along the old Lamphun road. I left the m'bike at the bus station.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have to take the correct yellow songtheaw. There's more than one route. The one I took went from the Lamphun bus station. I used to take it if I wanted to go to the movies at the Airport Mall, as it went right past it. Usually took blue songtheaw back as I enjoyed looking at those big trees along the old Lamphun road. I left the m'bike at the bus station.

Ton Yang Yai ........ big rubber trees.

I used to live between Hang Dong and San Patong, just a bit past CarreFore and often got the Yellow Songtaw.

Never been on the Blue one.

Will be driving past the rubber trees this morning as I go to the Transport Office in CM.

Edited by BritManToo