Incentives after years of recedency an millions of bath

Beowolf

On 8/4/2020 at 9:19 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I used to dream of that, and when I accepted it wasn't going to happen I went home.

During the course of my love affair with LOS I started with 90 day visa exempt at the border back to back as long as I wanted. When that stopped used easy to get cheap tourist visas or 30 day visa exempt.

Later it was more expensive T Vs and visa exempt.

After I got married it was non O based on marriage with extensions which was expensive, inconvenient and a huge hassle that got worse every year.

Then it was bye bye LOS forever. Can't say I'm sorry to miss the ever increasing difficulty of gaining extensions.

Try getting permission to stay or entry visas to other countries. You'll find Thailand is very reasonable. Good you're happy where ever your at, so why are you still posting on this forum?

Sorry your marriage didn't work.

8 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Try getting permission to stay or entry visas to other countries. You'll find Thailand is very reasonable. Good you're happy where ever your at, so why are you still posting on this forum?

Sorry your marriage didn't work.

I post on TVF because I like to do so, and I'm not happy here because it's not LOS.

Thank you for your sympathy, but not as sorry as I. I'd rather be in LOS than here. My life was a zillion % better there even after I got divorced.

Even if ex-pats don't contribute a huge amount to the economy, surely given the current environment they should be appreciating anyone bringing money into the country rather than trying to alienate them further with constant hassles? I know I personally spend more money per year than several entire households in our moobahn do, and I'm quite a spendthrift compared to some of the ex-pats on here. I'm not a cashcow, but a regular visitor to many local businesses, and often help out the extended family with a few baht here and there.

It's tens of billions of baht which ex-pats bring in, if they don't value that now it would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. Cutting back on red-tape to make ex-pats stay would be a very sensible move, but we know how this government feels about us smelly old westerners so it won't happen.

31 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Even if ex-pats don't contribute a huge amount to the economy, surely given the current environment they should be appreciating anyone bringing money into the country rather than trying to alienate them further with constant hassles? I know I personally spend more money per year than several entire households in our moobahn do, and I'm quite a spendthrift compared to some of the ex-pats on here. I'm not a cashcow, but a regular visitor to many local businesses, and often help out the extended family with a few baht here and there.

It's tens of billions of baht which ex-pats bring in, if they don't value that now it would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. Cutting back on red-tape to make ex-pats stay would be a very sensible move, but we know how this government feels about us smelly old westerners so it won't happen.

no it won,t happen,you are a guest in someone elses country,a country that can kick you out whenever it feels like it,the thais current love affair with the chinese is not going to be good news for any westerners living in los.relationships between china and the west are deteriorating by the day and not expected to get any better in the near future,and i fear soon a lot of xenophobic attitudes are going to start emerging.

• Thanks 1

In the meantime most of us wish our goverments was a bit more like Thailand and emirates against immigrants! 

or Im wrong?

Thailand do it smart, and do mot give anything away for free. 

Remember standing with my fresh internet date in Paton, looking at her face looking at falang women fooling around, and hear her say "stupid falang women give it away for free!"

First then I understood my date was a freelancer ???? 

7 hours ago, Tagged said:

In the meantime most of us wish our goverments was a bit more like Thailand and emirates against immigrants! 

or Im wrong?

Thailand do it smart, and do mot give anything away for free. 

Remember standing with my fresh internet date in Paton, looking at her face looking at falang women fooling around, and hear her say "stupid falang women give it away for free!"

First then I understood my date was a freelancer ???? 

she shattered your illusion you,d found one that was differant?the flooze.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SteveK said:

Not accurate at all. Expat contributions are less than <1% of the GDP. 

Like I said in a previous post, Thai Government officials are in politics for 1 reason only. To make huge amounts of money for their pockets due to corruption.

Do these government officials make anything from you spending money? Of course not, so they could care less.

Money buys power. Thai politicians each control 100 billion + baht budgets. They can skim millions and millions for themselves. Takes a lot of time and personal attention so they don't get caught. They are so busy with this, they could care less what expats are spending. They could care less about air pollution, floods, anything to with the betterment of Thailand.

The more money they have, the more power. Power and money are their only goals. Not the people, not the expats.

Why else in the world would Thai billionaires be politicians.

On 8/1/2020 at 4:45 PM, possum1931 said:

There should be some incentives to expats for the contribution, ie permanent residency to any expats who have lived in Thailand with a Thai wife and family after ten years of being together.

If someone has also had no criminal convictions, and proved themselves to be good, solid Thai citizens, then why not?

You surprise me possum, I never expected a man with your experience and acumen to come out with "there should" and "why". Sadly the most pointless farang expressions here. 

Not to say that you don't have a point but this is Thailand and our status is, well, debatable. Making us happy just does not enter into it.. 

This is not a negative/knocking post but we have to remember how things work. 

Nothing at all against my home country either, but I prefer being here. And I have done better being from there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

You surprise me possum, I never expected a man with your experience and acumen to come out with "there should" and "why". Sadly the most pointless farang expressions here. 

Not to say that you don't have a point but this is Thailand and our status is, well, debatable. Making us happy just does not enter into it.. 

This is not a negative/knocking post but we have to remember how things work. 

Nothing at all against my home country either, but I prefer being here. And I have done better being from there. 

You are loosing me. What your point other than to criticise. Possum has a point and he's probably earned some respect. Respect isn't earned through arrogance or expressing a superior attitude. I hear what Thais say about some foreigners and laugh when they realise I understand. I tell them that I understand and they usually assure me it wasn't address to me. If I agree I tell them.

Some foreigners leave their manners at home, like the fatty who pushed ahead of my wife at Makro yesterday. The cashier apologized but I told her, that's not her fault and that most foreigners have proper manners.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, SteveK said:

Speak for yourself. I regularly bathe with soap and water. The money brought in by foreigners is grossly over rated. IMO.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 3:02 PM, SteveK said:

Sorry, but in the context of the Thai economy your ( and every farang combined ) contribution is so insignificant as to be meaningless, IMO. If it was significant, they'd be encouraging us to live in LOS, when the reality is otherwise.

That is not to say that your contribution isn't significant to the people that directly benefit from your largesse.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, but in the context of the Thai economy your ( and every farang combined ) contribution is so insignificant as to be meaningless, IMO. If it was significant, they'd be encouraging us to live in LOS, when the reality is otherwise.

That is not to say that your contribution isn't significant to the people that directly benefit from your largesse.

You would be familiar with the expression 'two bob eachway' then? 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and that is based on? My opinion of western foreigners is somewhat different, based on my experience of western foreigners in LOS.

BTW, Chinese are foreigners too, and not many TVF posters have a positive view of them.

Are you intentionally misquoting my post, by clipping and something said by the cashier? Read or quote the entire post to be honest. 

On 8/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, SteveK said:

What exactly are your contributions, except to Chang Beer, and entertainment venues. Your >.1% doesn't affect the bottom line of most of the local businesses you patronize. When's the last time you left a nice tip at the restaurant for good service as a thank you. I see many foreigners picking up all the change and counting it. 

I regularity assist family members, in need. Especially, those going away to college. My niece stopped by yesterday to be blessed as she was leaving to start college. After some strong advice, I gave her B1000 as a starter. She knows if she works hard her uncle always has her back. She's #4 to go with the first three already graduating. I always pay their living expenses and leave it to their parents to pay for school or they can get a government loan. 

I don't buy new tractors or pay for sick farm animals.

Make sure you always bathe property before going out. You might not realize it but Thais are offended by body order and comment to other Thais. Overweight foreigners tend to sweat a lot.  

On 8/13/2020 at 2:24 PM, checkered flag said:

What exactly are your contributions, except to Chang Beer, and entertainment venues. Your >.1% doesn't affect the bottom line of most of the local businesses you patronize. When's the last time you left a nice tip at the restaurant for good service as a thank you. I see many foreigners picking up all the change and counting it. 

I regularity assist family members, in need. Especially, those going away to college. My niece stopped by yesterday to be blessed as she was leaving to start college. After some strong advice, I gave her B1000 as a starter. She knows if she works hard her uncle always has her back. She's #4 to go with the first three already graduating. I always pay their living expenses and leave it to their parents to pay for school or they can get a government loan. 

I don't buy new tractors or pay for sick farm animals.

Make sure you always bathe property before going out. You might not realize it but Thais are offended by body order and comment to other Thais. Overweight foreigners tend to sweat a lot.  

Nice that you can afford to give them your cash, but not all of us are as rich as yourself.

Even if I had been rich I'd never have given my wife's family money as they hated me and made my wife horrid enough to divorce because they thought she could find a more generous farang ATM.

On 8/2/2020 at 8:49 AM, Yinn said:

BS

Millions foreign workers in Thailand. 

Go to Labour office.

588C7D48-B4F5-4517-863F-7ADEAE84F377.jpeg

Many expats retired here have the qualification being old, being extremely unmotivated if there are no incentives like balloon bars with free food, but are able to drink a lot every night and need sex as cheap as possible sometimes. Do you know any jobs for such people? 

• Haha 2