PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X?

JohnnyNJoy

Which are you more interested in? The PlayStation 5 or the Xbox Series X? I am more interested in the Playstation 5, but the new xbox sounds appealing if all of their past games are backwards compatible. Which console are you interested in getting when they finally come out? 

Neither, Currently still on PS3. And be honest very happy stay on 8 year old stuff which i can get for a quid in UK per game as opposed to £40 when the games came out.

When ps4 games come to a quid each I;ll move up (actually own ps4 already)

Too many people rushing out buying latest tech and games wasting too much money jus to be on the ball

Currently on PS4 Pro with solid state upgrade. 

I’ll definitely be getting the PS5 but only when there’s enough games released for it specifically that I’m interested in. Might get one right after release, might wait. It’s all about the games available. 

Not interested in the X Boner at all. 

38 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Neither, Currently still on PS3. And be honest very happy stay on 8 year old stuff which i can get for a quid in UK per game as opposed to £40 when the games came out.

I did that for a long time buying hard drives with jailbroken games for the PS3 but the games nowadays are light years better for the 4 over the 3. 

Ghost of Tsushima for example is like woah. 

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

When ps4 games come to a quid each I;ll move up (actually own ps4 already)

Too many people rushing out buying latest tech and games wasting too much money jus to be on the ball

I get that. I stuck with my PS3 for quite a while, just got a PS4 like last year. I can't afford to buy day one anyway. 

15 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Currently on PS4 Pro with solid state upgrade. 

I’ll definitely be getting the PS5 but only when there’s enough games released for it specifically that I’m interested in. Might get one right after release, might wait. It’s all about the games available. 

Not interested in the X Boner at all. 

Same here, I'm waiting until there is a decent library already available before I buy in. I want to get the Xbox as well, but I might wait a bit longer on that. Backwards compatibility can wait. ????

• 4 weeks later...

I have usually had both, although I doubt I'll do that this time. 

Early on the PlayStations were the better machines. Xbox took the mantle in my opinion with the last iteration of Xbox One X. From what I can gather of the specs of both new machines I think the Xbox will be the better machine. I'm going to opt for that one although its anybody's guess when they will be available here in Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/25/2021 at 12:22 PM, Henryford said:

I would have gone for the PS5 but i really want the Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 which i think is playable on the Series X.  Cheaper than a high spec PC.

If i see the requirements for the flight sim 2020 i don't think its high spec. The graphical card required is like 3 generations older then the newest and 8gb ram is not much neither are the processor requirements high. Tough an series X xbox is probably cheaper. but calling it high end is not really true.

Below the requirements:

• Operating System: Windows 10.
  • Processor: Intel i5-4460 | AMD Ryzen 3 1200.
  • RAM: 8 GB RAM.
  • Video card: NVIDIA GTX 770 | AMD Radeon RX 570.
  • Hard drive: 150 GB available space.

Thanks robblok. My laptop only has a MSX250 which i don't think is on a par with the GTX770. The processor and RAM is OK. And i think these are minimum specs. If you want the game to run smoothly better to have a beefier system. A decent spec PC would be about 30,000 baht compared to 15,000 for the Xbox (when it finally comes down to the $500 price.

13 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Thanks robblok. My laptop only has a MSX250 which i don't think is on a par with the GTX770. The processor and RAM is OK. And i think these are minimum specs. If you want the game to run smoothly better to have a beefier system. A decent spec PC would be about 30,000 baht compared to 15,000 for the Xbox (when it finally comes down to the $500 price.

Yes that is right you would have to spend around 30k instead of 500k and probably a desktop instead of a laptop (desktops are cheaper in comparison). Saw them for 25k too but i think 30k makes it more future proof. 

So yes a Xbox is cheaper.. once the scalpers are done and supply is bigger. But that is a problem even for PC cards now (more expensive as before)

Probably won't upgrade from PS4.   Got that, an X Box One and a Nintendo Switch all around the same time a few years ago, set them up side by side in my personal lounge (what they used to call a man cave) and maybe switch one or the other on 2-3 times a year now.   When I want to zone out and don't feel like exercise or a massage, I actually do more CSGO on my laptop.   

I though the online MS store was more fluid and easier to use, but the games for the PS4 were a lot easier to find in the real world (in Thailand and for most of East Asia it seemed).   The Switch was a bit cartoonish but sometimes you're in the mood for that kind of thing, and if you grew up with Mario "world," then you kind of have to have it.   

Still happy with my Rh/Jtag Xbox 360 I bought 2 years back with 200 games on hard disk (4,000bht).

Me and my kid haven't played a fraction of the games yet.

I had a PS a few years back but the games were too much fluffy pretty girly, where the Xbox was more kill everything which is more my style.

Edited by BritManToo

PS for me simply because it has a larger player base (worldwide as well as in Asia). Wont be buying anything till the end of the year as that will be when the new Battlefield will release (unplayable on PC with all the hackers).

i still have a capable gaming PC, so the series X doesn't interest me. ps5, however, has the exclusive titles that i really look forward to - god of war, forbidden west, rest of the ff7r, etc. psvr2 is aslo in the works. while microsoft went for brute force in the series x, sony went for innovation. 

Mostly play pc games all time nowadays but if I was to get a console it would be Xbox as had them since they came out .

Look up nadzproject.com in Bkk if interested in buying PlayStation or Xbox . They had something a few weeks ago and can’t remember if it was to buy PlayStation or register to get one . 

I'm interested in getting an Xbox Series X but mostly because I have a 3 year subscription to MS Gamepass Ultimate which provides access to 378 games for Xbox and 257 for the PC counterpart + access to full EA Play on both

see https://www.xbox.com/en-ca/xbox-game-pass/games?xr=shellnav (there's a filter at the top)

of course, a lot of those games are on both platforms simultaneously but getting a console + new controller and not having to share my gaming PC if my friend want to play is a bonus

the only issues here is the scalper prices (around 26k at this time) and that the warranty is quite literally non existent being an imported machine

• 1 month later...