where can i get minivan pattaya - ekkamai ?

scammed

im trying to find the starting point of a minivan going to ekkamai in bkk,

but all places redirect me to some other station except the bus station 

in pattaya nua that dont even bother to open the shop

Edited by scammed
  • Haha 1

According to Google, there are two spots around Central Pattaya road and Sukhumvit.

On spot is on Central Pattaya road, just before the off ramp leading onto the Suk (Northbound).
 https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9321152,100.8995666,3a,75y,59.31h,84.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seZRSwHF5uZIMJjuu_yHPQw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

The other one is on the Suk, just down from the Central Pattaya rd intersection, in the Bangchak Gas station

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.933486,100.9010215,3a,90y,272.08h,98.6t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sphqUlAiCRAmhbtYSqKvu4A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

If you are looking for an online website for those minivans, can't help you. 

The regular bus service from North Pattaya to Ekkamai is 119 baht: http://pattayabus.com/V2/en/from-pattaya/

It would be surprising that Rueng Ruen would allow competition to use their Nua facilities. The large buses are convenient and regular. I have seen some minibus services depart from Klang but I think they were heading to The Victory Monument. I also expect services are much reduced of late too.

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

According to Google, there are two spots around Central Pattaya road and Sukhumvit.

On spot is on Central Pattaya road, just before the off ramp leading onto the Suk (Northbound).
 https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9321152,100.8995666,3a,75y,59.31h,84.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seZRSwHF5uZIMJjuu_yHPQw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

The other one is on the Suk, just down from the Central Pattaya rd intersection, in the Bangchak Gas station

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.933486,100.9010215,3a,90y,272.08h,98.6t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sphqUlAiCRAmhbtYSqKvu4A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

If you are looking for an online website for those minivans, can't help you. 

The regular bus service from North Pattaya to Ekkamai is 119 baht: http://pattayabus.com/V2/en/from-pattaya/

hi, on central/klang just before sukumvit is one of the places i went to,

but they arent ending up in ekkamai.

on the other place on sukumvit at the gas station just after klang,

is that place on the same side as klang road or dark side ? and is it between klang and gas station or closer to nua ?

4 minutes ago, scammed said:

on the other place on sukumvit at the gas station just after klang,

is that place on the same side as klang road or dark side ? and is it between klang and gas station or closer to nua ?

According to the map link, it is IN the gas station that is on the Northbound side of the Suk (Pattaya side of the highway). 

I've never tried using those minivans myself. It seems though that you'd be better off just taking the normal bus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

According to the map link, it is IN the gas station that is on the Northbound side of the Suk (Pattaya side of the highway). 

I've never tried using those minivans myself. It seems though that you'd be better off just taking the normal bus.

i really hate buses with a passion, the back support is too low,

anyway thanks for tip i will check it out, and hope by god its gonna get me what i want

Edited by scammed

so i went to the gas station next to intersection central pattaya rd & sukumvit,

the girl in the hut pointed me to sukumvit outside gas station,

and the guy there at the entrance of gas station told me they head for ekkamai,

now i just hope he didnt just want to be helpful but actually meant what he said to the letter.

the minivan just stops at the side between sukumvit and the gas station

4 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Better arriving with an aching back than DEAD ! 

i chose death over this aching any day of the week,

and that is before i sit for hours in an undersized chair with inadequate back support

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, scammed said:

and that is before i sit for hours in an undersized chair with inadequate back support

I find quite a few of the minibus seats are small and uncomfortable too , especially the single ones down the nearside. The trip is usually only 90 mins and I often get off before Ekamai to get on the Skytrain.

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I find quite a few of the minibus seats are small and uncomfortable too , especially the single ones down the nearside. The trip is usually only 90 mins and I often get off before Ekamai to get on the Skytrain.

i am aware of it, its such exciting times to find out if the back support will be bearable or not

4 hours ago, scammed said:

i really hate buses with a passion, the back support is too low,

anyway thanks for tip i will check it out, and hope by god its gonna get me what i want

Take a small cushion or maybe could use one of those inflatable jobs. Adapt or die

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Take a small cushion or maybe could use one of those inflatable jobs. Adapt or die

the back support is too short, nothing can be done about it.

...and i think i found another location better suited for me,

on sukumvit from pattaya tai its a gas station 40 meters later,

and right before that gas station on soi 48 is a minivan station,

i asked repeatedly if it was really going to ekkamai, and i got a confirmatory YES every time

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Better to just use the North Pattaya bus station, bigger safer buses. 119 baht

http://pattayabus.com/V2/en/from-pattaya/

As stated previously,its far better to use the buses..from ekamai to Pattaya..

I used mini van once,the driving was ok,but excessive speed.

The trip took twice as long ,because driver was dropping off parcels and passengers ,picking up freinds sevrral times,making tiki tour all over the place.

Im sure that he was pocketing lots of extra money for himself..

It was the worst trip that ive ever had in thailsnd,over past 13 yrs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, murraynz said:

If the backs of bus seats are too low, you must be well in excess of 2m tall ?

But as said many times,the bus drivers are far far safer drivers..

I doubt if mini van seats are any better.

yes, minivan back support can in fact be worse then nothing at all,

i'm just hoping i will get an old fashion one when they could build it to adequate standards,

else i will suffer twice as much

38 minutes ago, scammed said:

yes, minivan back support can in fact be worse then nothing at all,

i'm just hoping i will get an old fashion one when they could build it to adequate standards,

else i will suffer twice as much

did you see that recent video of the mini van that had a blow out? falang fell out the back of the van onto the motorway, not pretty

2 hours ago, scammed said:

the back support is too short, nothing can be done about it.

...and i think i found another location better suited for me,

on sukumvit from pattaya tai its a gas station 40 meters later,

and right before that gas station on soi 48 is a minivan station,

i asked repeatedly if it was really going to ekkamai, and i got a confirmatory YES every time

I use the minibus fairly regularly and they are very unpredictable. but I only go to Chonburi.

They can just stop somewhere for around 20 minutes, several times it has just stopped and had to get on another. Never comfortable, often packed out, or if not many customers driver will fill up with packages.

As been suggested, better with the big bus from the bus station and get off at Udon Suk for the skytrain to Ekamai. Only thing to watch out for is luggage, if it is in the hold the driver will not get it out at Udon Suk, just pulls up to let people off and then goes.

1 minute ago, kokopelli said:

There is a minibus stand on Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Road) between Wat Chai and Thai Military Bank. In front of Center Condo.

yes, i have seen it, but most of them are going to airport, bang na or something like that,

in worst case scenario they will still get close to skytrain so either will do,

but ekkamai is near nana which is my end destination

As noted but I will go over it again!  Pattaya Klang just up from Foodland or just pass Welcome Town on the right you will see one or two vans at times one of the larger mini buses you will see a office. Up further already noted the Gas Station on Sukhumvit, across the road, you will see Num Chai appliance store inside that area is Lotus across from them is Facino Pharmacy a few doors down another office should see a few guys sitting outside.

Believe it or not the Van company is also owned or they have an interest with the Bus Company at the Ekamai station you will see a number of these Vans sitting and waiting. I've taken these Vans a few years back to Ban Na Central area when I was in a bit of a hurry or due to the bus schedule these drivers are basically on commission one of the reason they drive the way they do. Another problem many of these Vans don't use the Hwy 7, and go down Sukhumvit 3 towards Chon Buri because they are dropping and picking up other passengers where the buses don't travel this at time can take longer than the buses which 99.9% of the time I now just use the buses from Pattaya Nua normally they operate every 20 minutes to Ekamai post Virus might be twice the hour?

As for the back, I've had problems since I was 18 years old I'm now in my 60's the Van seat aren't much different from the bus. I've driven commercial vehicles a number of times across America and drive up country in Thailand a number of times long flights 15-20 hours just take a medium size towel roll it up and place it on your lower back this will create the curse necessary in your spine to provide the relief. Take the Bus for 119 baht it is a steal depending on time I usually get off at Udon Suk tell the bus attendant prior to departure because the traffic is stop and go to Ekamai once you enter Sukhumvit, get off walk up to the BTS for another 20 baht to Ekamai this is especially recommended Mon-Fri morning commute post Virus not sure?  Good luck! 

7 hours ago, scammed said:

It's not that far from Pattaya to Ekamai. You sound like you're going on a 8 hours bus trip to Isaan. Just try to avoid rush hour. 

• Haha 1

If you stand on Sukumvit Rd anywhere they will pull over. They often have BTS written on the side. I have been taken to Sri Racha where I waited a little while and they put me in another van. Unless you really want Ekkamai(or even if you do) it is often best getting out at the first BTS station en route and catching a train. 

15 hours ago, murraynz said:

If the backs of bus seats are too low, you must be well in excess of 2m tall ?

But as said many times,the bus drivers are far far safer drivers..

I doubt if mini van seats are any better.

He would get a bad neck getting on and off minibuses!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Pattaya Klang just up from Foodland or just pass Welcome Town on the right you will see one or two vans at times one of the larger mini buses you will see a office. Up further already noted the Gas Station on Sukhumvit

the place on klang above foodland almost at sukumvit does not go to ekkamai,

they suggested i try pattaya nua bus station.

the place inside gas station on sukumvit just after klang pointed me to sukumvit rd,

and that place between the gas station & sukumvit claim they go to ekkamai,

the minivans just stop there to pick up at the sidewalk of sukumvit