Recumbent Bike Construction Plans

carlyai

I have a normal exercise bike and want to convert it to a recumbent exercise bike. 

I need some measurement plans. 

I thought Pinterest would have some plans but can't find any. I've tried varying my browser search criteria but can't bring up plans for a Recumbent Exercise Bike. They must be on the net somewhere.

Anyone got any plans or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I thought for one horrible moment you were planning on venturing out onto the Thai roads on a recumbent bike.

A recipe for "farang hedgehog syndrome" ????

No. But there again, as every motorbike and bike rider knows, once you jump in the seat your personality changes.

When I used to go diving and swimming in the ocean I would often worry about a shark sneaking up behind me to kill me, but when on a motorbike etc, never worry about the rest of the people behind trying to kill me.

My back still gives me trouble on a normal exercise bike so thought I'd convert it to a recumbent bike and see if the same probs.

8 minutes ago, thequietman said:

You can buy a stand to make your bike an exercise bike. Lazada has them. Have a look. ????

Yes thanks, but I want a recumbent bike without the cost. I have an exercise bike I want to convert.

7 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Yes thanks, but I want a recumbent bike without the cost. I have an exercise bike I want to convert.

Ahhhh ,yes, sorry. A recumbent can be picked up second hand, for a couple thousand baht. I was lucky to get mine for 1000 baht from a guy in CM. The clock doesn't work, but I don't need it. ????

16 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Ahhhh ,yes, sorry. A recumbent can be picked up second hand, for a couple thousand baht. I was lucky to get mine for 1000 baht from a guy in CM. The clock doesn't work, but I don't need it. ????

Where are they advertised?

6 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Found mine on Facebook marketplace. Good luck. ????

I just put a post in the Isaan forum checking on secondhand recumbent bikes. 

I can't access Facebook marketing as I removed Facebook last year. Was spending too much time there. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Found mine on Facebook marketplace. Good luck. ????

This is the one I want to convert. Looks easy (for some) but I need a plan. Most people having lived here for a while will be unfamiliar with the word PLAN.

20200801_093437.jpg

Place the existing bike against the wall so it can't move forwards.

Remove the seat (you may not need to).

Position your favourite chair a suitable distance away.

And pedal.

Once you have all the dimensions sorted fabricate a simple steel frame to keep the relative positions of seat and bike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Place the existing bike against the wall so it can't move forwards.

Remove the seat (you may not need to).

Position your favourite chair a suitable distance away.

And pedal.

Once you have all the dimensions sorted fabricate a simple steel frame to keep the relative positions of seat and bike.

YES, that's what I'm looking for dimensions. Could try that.

Just now, carlyai said:

YES, that's what I'm looking for dimensions. Could try that.

You may need to raise the bike on some blocks to get the ideal positioning for you, we are all different of course.

There are loads of photos of recumbent bikes on the net to give you an idea, but I too have found nothing DIY.

Could be time for you to post on Pinterest ????

• Like 1