Falling economy has bottomed out, says BOT

1 minute ago, Airalee said:

Should I load up on sardines and bottled water?  My King Oscars say they’re good until 2022.

Financial blood bath. 

Loan defaults will go through the roof.  Still no tourism industry.  Shrinking manufacturing industry, which was happening pre virus anyway.  Drought affecting the agriculture industry. These, just to name a few issues.    

A perfect storm is brewing for Thailand, but I am sure with such a competent government, they can keep Thailand sailing in such headwinds.  ????

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Financial blood bath. 

Loan defaults will go through the roof.  Still no tourism industry.  Shrinking manufacturing industry, which was happening pre virus anyway.  Drought affecting the agriculture industry. These, just to name a few issues.    

A perfect storm is brewing for Thailand, but I am sure with such a competent government, they can keep Thailand sailing in such headwinds.  ????

I have a feeling they’ll go for the “extend and pretend” method to keep the loan default numbers looking better than they actually are.  The crazy financing already used such neg-am mortgages for condos and final balloon payments closing in on 50% of the original purchase price for cars (after 84 months of payments) show that they can be quite creative and have mastered the art of debt slavery.