Law to ban 'inappropriate' dress in Cambodia seen threatening women's freedoms

geovalin

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can't see it myself.

Cambodia appears more free that the UK where I was born.

Just a different set of freedoms, generally benefiting men more and women less.

Which is the opposite to the freedoms in the UK, that give women everything and demonise white heterosexual men.

Not a fan of Hun Sen or such similar men of his attitude and their definition of control running or keeping power in other countries. Don't know much about the UK and what goes on there, but again as I stated my statement was encompassing more than just the taking away of Cambodian women's freedom. If you want to take it further just for Cambodia, then let's say it infringes on men's rights as well opening up the door for the police to jail or get money off of something so petty.

21 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I like the cleanliness of the place, combined with the decent morals of the expats there. 

from what I have seen of the country, both of those things are not that at all obvious. 

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Feel free to take up arms for women's right to wear revealing clothing then. Just don't expect many if any Cambodians of either sex to support your cause, IMO.

I do some business in Cambodia and one in particular, a very rich man had nearly 80% of his family wiped out. Most Cambodians will not risk their life nowadays and if they did, then it is just that, they will probably perish.

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You poor victim you!!  Abused by women throughout your life... How have you possibly survived???  :cheesy:

It's interesting the number of men that accept slavery when their owner is a woman.

I certainly wouldn't give up my life for a Cambodian woman to be able to show more cleavage in public.

..... and I'm happy to wear a shirt when I'm out.

Edited by BritManToo

On 8/1/2020 at 11:45 AM, BritManToo said:

I don't have a problem with this, women clearly need some restrictions imposed on their behaviour.

All Muslim countries do this, and nobody complains, why can't Cambodia make a few restrictions?

I applaud countries making a stand against inappropriate behaviour, for both men and women.

agreed.  Give them an inch and they will take a mile.  Too late after they have taken it too.

• Like 1