Attitudes of Waiters & Waitresses in Thailand.

WineOh

7 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Haven't been in a proper restaurant in 5 months so no complaints here, no bars or restaurants so no waiters and waitreses to deal with????

However we did eat at a new roadside place in the nearest town a week ago and all 4 staff were every friendly. Turns out they were former bar girls who had given up on Pattaya, came home and set up shop. Their atire and tatoos sort of gave the game away ????. Good on them for doing somethng positive, and the food was great.

What was for desert?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

As said, get a hobby. Or perhaps you should move to another country where service always excelllent regardless of anything. 

Yeah, months ago he'd announced he'd sold everything including phone & computer and was moving to a remote island and going off grid. Then phone & computer magically reappeared and he won't leave or explain why he can't go off grid even in Bangkok.

• Haha 1

Just now, dimitriv said:

They also never ???? in the seven-eleven!

In general you are right but I do have one in a 7/11 near me always sawat dee me, I had not been in for a few days and she's asking where ive been, Kitung mai?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

What was for desert?

Chocolate cake at the Amazon Cafe ( a recent arrival in town),

It was a big day out!

Bought a box of Heineken at the Mini BigC, also new. Just for a treat and a change from the only 2 brands available locally.

Edited by Saltire

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

In general you are right but I do have one in a 7/11 near me always sawat dee me, I had not been in for a few days and she's asking where ive been, Kitung mai?

She missed you!

Maybe there is more that you do not know about.

19 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Given the amount of pay they get and the hours they put in like 12 to 13 hours a day 6 days a week can understand them to a point but dont take your attitude out on the customers,

I went to a Italian restaurant last year ordered the food and a bottle of wine so off the girl goes and comes back with the wine and just plonks it on the table and walked away again, after 5 minutes I asked her are you going to open that bottle, she wasn't happy

Screw cap or cork ??

Just now, Keyser Soze666 said:

Haha..is that right now. Up to much today old bean?

supervising my nephew and 3 nieces cleaning the house and doing the gardening.   Nothing I like more than watching other people work, for nothing

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Well I'm not surprised you won't give them anything.

I never said I don't give them anything.  They have the pleasure of my company, guidance, wit and wisdom; that is worth more to them than thousands of Baht. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bodga said:

Friend of  mine goes to a barbers for a haircut, 200  baht a time goes every  month , last  month they said it was  500, guess where he doesnt go anymore. Service in Thailand is  poor  in general, not  only that but  once youve  paid the money you can kiss  service  goodbye and  say  hello to a  million excuses

Funny that you say that.

I finally broke down and got my badly needed pandemic haircut yesterday.

I looked like a mad man and was developing a mullet. 

So I went to a nearby place earlier in the day that was empty of customers.

I just wanted anything. Not picky. 

So for 100 baht (price hasn't gone up) I got one of the best haircuts I ever got in Thailand. Better than some places I have paid 500 baht at. 

He did the cutting mostly by hand which is rare in the cheaper places.

I was flabbergasted. 

So I tipped 100 baht. 

Of course now I'm screwed because if I go back there, that will now be expected. Oh well. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Funny that you say that.

I finally broke down and got my badly needed pandemic haircut yesterday.

I looked like a mad man and was developing a mullet. 

So I went to a nearby place earlier in the day that was empty of customers.

I just wanted anything. Not picky. 

So for 100 baht (price hasn't gone up) I got one of the best haircuts I ever got in Thailand. Better than some places I have paid 500 baht at. 

He did the cutting mostly by hand which is rare in the cheaper places.

I was flabbergasted. 

So I tipped 100 baht. 

Of course now I'm screwed because if I go back there, that will now be expected. Oh well. 

yeah dumbo tipping????, I pay 60  baht includes a shave and he's friendly  enough but Im in a  rural location, I always check I have 2  ears when he's  finished.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bodga said:

yeah dumbo tipping????, I pay 60  baht includes a shave and he's friendly  enough but Im in a  rural location, I always check I have 2  ears when he's  finished.

I actually agree with you. Tipping 100 percent is over the top and I get that the receivers might consider people doing that fools. But I can live with that. 

• Like 1