Attitudes of Waiters & Waitresses in Thailand.

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What was for desert?

Sand usually. 

(Resident Grammar etc. Nazi) 

• Haha 2
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well mate you chose Thailand, they didn't choose you!

I've come to the conclusion you just bring out the worst in people

What to you expect?   Thai people doing these types of jobs have nothing, make little money, etc.   I wouldn't be happy either

Posted Images

It's common among cashiers, waiters etc... In general Thais don't like farangs but they will smile and be kind if they have even a slight chance of gaining direct access to your wallet (you are a customer / potential customer / potential husband...and so on).

This said, the waiters and cashiers cannot be bothered in showing you a fake smile simply because at the end of the day, they will still get paid by their employer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
6 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

What to you expect?

Thai people doing these types of jobs have nothing, make little money, etc.

I wouldn't be happy either

If you're a cleaner you should do your best to be the #1 cleaner in the world...

Or what, keep circling the drain and hope to win the lottery?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

maybe its just me

I have found you get what you give out... the wait staff can be a bit gloomy lately because there are so few customers... 

I went for a take out pizza last week too... I have only been there a couple of times and they brought me a glass of ice water to drink while I waited... 

I feel bad for them as they must be getting very little in tips w/no customers so I make sure to tip a bit more than normal... and they appreciate it and obviously must remember.

2 minutes ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

If you're a cleaner you should do your best to be the #1 cleaner in the world...

Absolutely!

even waiters can work their way up the food chain to become managers, chefs and eventually owners. The ones that don't and stagnate in the same position for 30 years are bone idle and have zero ambition. 

• Sad 1
31 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Are you on an illegal visa too?

I got an elite visa. Not sure if those are illegal. Could you tell me ?

• Haha 1

I do wonder why certain people like liverpoolfan are always having problems and other people like me for instance not. I think it has a lot to do with not acting like you own the place and expecting everyone to bow for you. 

Accepting that mistakes can be made and its not personal and if someone does not smile to you tough titties. Though in general whatever restaurant i visit or other place im treated normal. But I don't expect staff to grovel to me. All i expect is for them to bring me my food and that is it. If something goes wrong i often let it slide unless it is a big thing. We are paying peanuts here then you cannot expect high class service.

If things go wrong in more expensive restaurants then I got more of a problem then at the cheap ones. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Absolutely!

even waiters can work their way up the food chain to become managers, chefs and eventually owners. The ones that don't and stagnate in the same position for 30 years are bone idle and have zero ambition. 

Ever thought that not everyone is gifted the same way. Like how you are not gifted with charm and an easy going personality they might not be gifted with much brains. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

Who said so?

You don't understand human nature and despair.

And no, no one wants to be the number 1 cleaner in the world

2 hours ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

And normally you do.

But then there must be those days when even the most ambitious of cleaners suffers the misfortune to happen upon an exceptionally large turd that she simply can't face with the usual equanimity.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, khunkarl said:

It's not difficult, find places were they are polite and attentive and stick to them.

Yes, McDonald's.....😂

• Like 1