Thailand where the customer is always wrong? "Needle in pork" experience stuns diners

rooster59

10 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Fine for not eating the food they bought, what next fine for not finishing your beer?

that's normal at buffet places where you cook your own food. Too many people, especially farnags, have eyes bigger than their bellies and leave lots of uncooked/uneaten food on their tables. The restaurant can't recycle the food so they charge the customer to cover the cost of the wasted food.  I think that's a great idea.

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It must be a leftover from the Wholesaler who injected extra water weight into the pork to make more money....Just never thought the syringe needle would break.

It does if you hit the bone hard with the syringe. Been there, done that when curing a christmas ham.

I once refused to pay the service charge at an Italian-run Na-Jomtien Beach restaurant on the grounds that my farang food arrived one HOUR after the Thai food and my second G & T didn't arrive at all.  A succession of Italian managers said I had to pay - it was the LAW!  I refused & told them to call the police.  They compromised by deleting a dish equivalent to the 10% Service charge.  I now NEVER dine at places that operate this iniquitous ++ regime.

• Like 1

Those "you didn't finish you food" rules need modifications that work for everyone. 

If you try a "unit" of say some fish or whatever, if it tastes like an 80 year old female dogs ass, you should not have to finish it. If you took 10 units, i can see the point. 

The rule has to make sure the restaurant does not just put out dog <deleted> into the buffet.