Family want 19 million baht damages from Nok Air after death of employee

rooster59

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It should be 190 million baht at least and an even bigger fine for the company.

Really? I do not know the details of the accident and cant read Thai well.

https://www.sanook.com/news/8027730/

Was the deceased following all company procedures according to the Ground Operations manual?

Was he wearing required equipment and safety vest? Was he properly trained at his job responsibilities before being released to drive air-side without supervision?

In what way was this bankrupt airline (good luck with that) actually negligent?

If involved in a push back operation the Tractor would not be in that position.

I would not be surprised if  actually had been speeding across the ramp while looking

at his mobile phone. There are accidents, there are incidences of corporate negligence, and sometimes just PLANE stupidity.

54 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Really?

If the company is at fault yes, really. Life in Thailand is regarded as too cheap in my opinion with payouts of a few thousand baht and told that will do. If companies were punished properly and compensated those killed with payouts that are deterrents to company failings, then yes. that amount.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Unless the poor guy had significant hospital bills it is difficult to justify a claim for 19m baht for someone who tows aircraft. His salary can't be very much. Even at 30k a month that is only 360k a year 20 years salary would be 7.2 million. 19 million just seems too much to claim  

I guess at least 40% will be for the lawyers' pockets. But anyway...

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If the company is at fault yes, really. Life in Thailand is regarded as too cheap in my opinion with payouts of a few thousand baht and told that will do. If companies were punished properly and compensated those killed with payouts that are deterrents to company failings, then yes. that amount.

Are you  involved in any kind of business  in Thailand ?

41 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Are you  involved in any kind of business  in Thailand ?

I was for 16 years. Lived there full time. I call it home and when I finish my business where I am now,

I will be back doing business again until my days.  Was there a reason for your question?

Any movement on the ground after disconnect from the tug/tractor is the sole responsibility of pilot in command. It is essential for both pilots to confirm the area is clear prior to taxi and there are several steps taken to ensure contact with ground equipment should not occur.

The google translate sounds like the tug was run over by the aircraft. This is possible and I have seen it almost happen once from a distance. 

Edited by Captain Monday

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Fill us in please. All I get from the attached video here is Budweiser Korea infomercial.

It appears the tug was towing the plane and the tow bar became disconnected. Then, rather than driving out of the planes way, the driver decided to stop and the plane ran over him. The tug and driver were squeezed between fuselage and motor. I don't know much about it other than watching the video. In my view the tug driver could have avoided that tragedy very easily simply by driving out of the planes way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodsie888 said:

It appears the tug was towing the plane and the tow bar became disconnected. Then, rather than driving out of the planes way, the driver decided to stop and the plane ran over him. The tug and driver were squeezed between fuselage and motor. I don't know much about it other than watching the video. In my view the tug driver could have avoided that tragedy very easily simply by driving out of the planes way. 

I was thinking that Maybe the pilot couldn't See the Tug , and yes He could have avoided this accident.

Pilot can usually see the tug/tractor on 737 when it is in directly in front of the aircraft connected by the tow bar, unless it is one of the small super tug models that actually lift and carry the nose wheel. They get in so close you cant see. 

1. When pushback is complete the ground handler must confirm all ground equipment is clear before he advises the pilot it is safe to disconnect headset.
  2. The pilot then clears the handler to disconnect the headset.
  3. The marshaler (guy with wands) watches the operation from a forward position and again confirms all ground equipment is clear. Only then will he give the clear to taxi wand salute.
  4. The pilots confirm the clear to taxi signal was received from by the marshaller.
  5. Finally after taxi clearance id received both pilots must visually scan the area prior to movement. All ground movement after the clear to taxi signal is received is the sole responsibility of the pilot in command

One or more of these common steps was not accomplished. If you deviate from standard operating procedures, expect problems.

Edited by Captain Monday