Thailand road carnage: Eight thousand and counting - Couple killed on way to work in Nonthaburi

rooster59

Thailand road carnage: Eight thousand and counting - Couple killed on way to work in Nonthaburi

E7CB6385-591C-44F5-A37D-3749AE7428CF-1024x576.jpeg

Chaiyapreuk police and Pak Kret rescue services were called after an accident in which an Isuzu pick-up collided with a barrier then traversed a fence at 6.30 am yesterday. 

Two people were thrown out and were pronounced dead at the scene. 

They were Adisak, 45, and his wife Suchada, 46. 

462CC19E-82BB-49B6-BC91-1EA56E3C84EC-1024x768.jpeg

It happened at a U-turn under an elevated road in the Bang Plap sub-district of Nonthaburi.

Relatives who arrived on the scene told investigators that Adisak was taking his wife to work at a luxury housing estate nearby where she was a maid. 

Evidence at the scene showed marks on the roadside barrier and a pier and engine oil. 

Police reckon that the driver had lost control on the bend resulting in the collisons and the death of the occupants of the vehicle.

Earlier in the week it was reported that 8,000 people have died already this year at the scene of accidents in Thailand.

More than 1,000 have lost their lives in July alone.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-01

1FF4C349-0365-4CB1-825B-AC735587EA85-1024x768.jpeg

6E5F9EEE-6210-4711-A1BE-E0B30122D4FC-1024x576.jpeg

539D4EAA-2EE7-46BF-9353-3B30EC496469-1024x768.jpeg

8000 dead so far so the real no is double as so many are injured and die later,56 covid deaths so surely there should be no one driving if we extrapolate govt logic.the damage inflicted on mental health, unemployment,destruction of businesses, personal wealth,private freedoms regarding travel and expression ,its for what?it doesnt add up.its a bankrupt equation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

At that age you should know how to use safetybelts.

I use them for more than 30 years, and never, never drive without use them.

For sure, wear your safety belt.  My rule to ride with me is all will wear safety belt, front and back.  Some, giving them a free ride which is no problem,  said they were not going to put it on. I just shut the truck off and air con until they make a decision to put on the safety belt or not go. After a few minutes of sweating decisions are made and a few have bailed. Had a few tell me that safety belts are not safe you can get trapped in an accident. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saraburi121 said:

For sure, wear your safety belt.  My rule to ride with me is all will wear safety belt, front and back.  Some, giving them a free ride which is no problem,  said they were not going to put it on. I just shut the truck off and air con until they make a decision to put on the safety belt or not go. After a few minutes of sweating decisions are made and a few have bailed. Had a few tell me that safety belts are not safe you can get trapped in an accident. 

that's some nice inspiration.
on the beginning they thought I would be the stupid taxi driver for everyone. My MIL has always rejected to use the seat-belt until now. My kids know before we'll start, it will come the command to buckle up and a glance in the rear mirror. If I see somebody isn't secured a brake check will follow. After 3 - 4 times that she was scambled in the footwell, she has refused to drive with me and in the village she has told everybody how unsafe I would drive. Still, she don't know what she has made wrong. Mai pen rai, 2 flys with 1 strike.

I hope thailand can have a road safety campaign of the same magnitude as the Covid19 campaign.  Thailand has shown it can react quickly and responsibly to a public emergency but to date has refused to do anything about the two biggest health problems - the insane driving - and the pollution apocalypse.   Lets put these front on the agenda.

Another two lives lost its seems us faring are the only ones who really care? When I comment on crazy driving I'm told its ok its Thai style ..most, unfortunately are trained by unskilled drivers drive vehicles well too large for what they need (pick ups are not city cars they don't drive like normal cars especially at 200kph) More driver training and definitely more police presence because of drink driving being rampant.We all love our families and seem to enjoy life why do we seem to have different values on a life?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OttoPollmann said:

not really. Sudden deceleration kills

Its always the sudden stop that kills ..speed limits are there because supposedly the roads have been tested slow driving can sometimes be just as bad causing impatience and continually changing lanes does not make your trip faster stick to inside lanes unless overtaking..how come driving sounds so easy?

Those marks on the elevated column are a good 4 metres up, plus the wrought iron fence demolished, he must have been travelling at a rate to cross that concrete barrier and make those marks. Talk of seat belts, but maybe they were in the back of the pick up.

R.I.P. to two more added to the numbers.

On 8/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

These elevated 'U' Turn bridges have high walls to contain uncontrolled vehicles. To have vaulted over the wall indicates excess speed as if the driver failed to recognize this as a 180 degree turn. Not credible. Clear case of brake failure. Unusual too for seat belt anchorages to fail leading to the occupants being ejected. ????

If you dont like that annoying continuous bing-bong bing-bong from the seat belt warning you can always but these on-line.

I suppose in the small print it mentions only to be used by those with an IQ lower than 40.

Just sayin'

f411ae1d-6523-4fc7-8b81-253e4a8eebe0.jpg.webp