Video: Roadside "Moo Ping" sellers have lucky escape as 6 wheel truck demolishes their business - slippery conditions blamed

rooster59

Video: Roadside "Moo Ping" sellers have lucky escape as 6 wheel truck demolishes their business - slippery conditions blamed

VideoCapture_20200731-145535.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

A couple who have only recently started a roadside "moo ping" (BBQ pork) business in downtown Krabi had a brush with death yesterday morning. 

It was raining so they decided to shelter under an awning - it was just as well they did.

Moments later CCTV showed a six wheel truck slide through an intersection on the Sri Pangnga Road and demolish their tables and chairs and destroy a large signpost.

The couple had lost their hotel jobs due to the pandemic and had only been in business for ten days. 

The Isuzu truck driver Theeraphat, 33, said he slowed for the red light by gently tapping on his brakes. 

It must have been the slippery conditions that did it, he said. 

The cost of the damage to the sign was 100,000 baht and it was expected to be repaired in a few days.

The moo ping couple were given 5,000 baht compensation by the owners of the truck.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-01

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Roadside "Moo Ping" sellers have lucky escape as 6 wheel truck demolishes their business - slippery conditions blamed

Initially I thought the pork sellers were being blamed for using too much cooking oil.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

he slowed for the red light by gently tapping on his brakes.

The mind boggles, more like he woke up, saw the lights were red, panicked, slammed on the breaks, more likely.  Another Thai misconception, lots of water never helps when braking, 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Isuzu truck driver Theeraphat, 33, said he slowed for the red light by gently tapping on his brakes. 

It must have been the slippery conditions that did it, he said. 

He must be s-kidding coming out with that baloney .. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, johng said:

Moral of the story always set up your stall behind (opposite to direction of traffic) a large road sign

also make sure the correct amulets are employed for protection. ????

What you'll have to do when the truck is coming from opposite direction?

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Shouldn't be selling moo ping on the road then, should they?

Where do you see them selling moo ping ON the road. I see a sidewalk where they was set up.

Do they have to adhere to what you want? Just so you do not find anything else to complain about.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Pardon? Inertia is dependent on mass. The more massive an object the more inertia. An unladen lorry will stop quicker in the same circumstances as a laden one.

Always make sure sure there is a concrete electricity pole between you and the oncoming traffic. It will always jump out at itinerant vehicles.

I think you missed my sarcasm ?

However I appreciate your theory, but I will ask, did you considered traction when writing the above, i.e. when the wheels lock, regardless of load, there will be no response to the steering input.

The locked wheels cannot provide full driving traction and the vehicle can go out of control as we saw in the video.

50 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:
8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Fortunately it was heavily loaded with cement and sand which helped it stop quicker, otherwise it could have been more serious.

50 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Pardon? Inertia is dependent on mass. The more massive an object the more inertia. An unladen lorry will stop quicker in the same circumstances as a laden one.

Always make sure sure there is a concrete electricity pole between you and the oncoming traffic. It will always jump out at itinerant vehicles.

And (correct) science lesson not withstanding, the truck bed looks empty to me.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 4:08 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

Shouldn't be selling moo ping on the road then, should they?

Id say it was the bubble tea gangs..dropping all those slick little bubbles all over the road!!!!  

BTW Ill take sao baht moo ping   5-ha baht khao neow   sai tung   kop khun krup!

Oooooo falang phoot thai gaeng mak!!!!   joop joop!