No soy sauce between 2-5 p.m at Makro

khunkarl

Kikkoman is naturally brewed so contains alcohol (>2% according to their website) so technically shouldn't be sold. Hand sanitiser is OK because it contains ingredients to make it unpalatable.

I wonder if they will sell other non-brewed soy sauces which don't contain alcohol.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Why you buy soy sauce with alcohol? You bad man! I buy Yamamori Tokkyu, much cheaper and no have alcohol showing. You try.

Kikkoman is the best brand but yeah maybe I'll try that one if when I go shopping during the banned hours ????

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, khunkarl said:

Kikkoman is the best brand but yeah maybe I'll try that one if when I go shopping during the banned hours ????

Tesco sell Kikkoman, I've not tried to buy it during no-alcohol hours, could be an option.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Agreed, it's silly really, but them's the rulez ????

Do outlets need an alcohol licence to sell Kikkoman?

I seriously doubt that. Would a sushi restaurant need a alcohol license having Kikkoman on the tables?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, khunkarl said:

I seriously doubt that. Would a sushi restaurant need a alcohol license having Kikkoman on the tables?

I doubt it too, but remember where we are ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Logic from someone who thinks a society is improved by stopping people buying Soy sauce between 2-5 pm.

Irrelevant, as is the superior logic, though showing one's superior logic is one of life's greatest little pleasures, no? So hard to give up, self-defeating as it is.

• Sad 5

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Irrelevant, as is the superior logic, though showing one's superior logic is one of life's greatest little pleasures, no? So hard to give up, self-defeating as it is.

Ok. I agree with you. Indiscriminate Soy sauce sales are evil. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, khunkarl said:
9 hours ago, Crossy said:

Kikkoman is naturally brewed so contains alcohol (>2% according to their website) so technically shouldn't be sold. Hand sanitiser is OK because it contains ingredients to make it unpalatable.

I wonder if they will sell other non-brewed soy sauces which don't contain alcohol.

Regardless who would drink it? ,????

I wonder... if anyone thought of how much brewed soy sauce must one drink to get sauced, vs the LD50.

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

Ok. I agree with you. Indiscriminate Soy sauce sales are evil. 

You still don't get it. Tough, I know. This is something quite new and foreign. Think what you will, good, evil, stupid, smart, convenient, it doesn't matter. Nothing will change.

The only thing you can affect is the attitude of the Thai staff who's helpfully, politely (at first), informing you of the rule. That Thai can think you're rude and childish, conforming to the stereotypical view of the stupid farang, or a nice, polite, pleasant person not trying to make her job more difficult, leaving her with a good impression that some farang are not idiots after all.

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You still don't get it. Tough, I know. This is something quite new and foreign. Think what you will, good, evil, stupid, smart, convenient, it doesn't matter. Nothing will change.

The only thing you can affect is the attitude of the Thai staff who's helpfully, politely (at first), informing you of the rule. That Thai can think you're rude and childish, conforming to the stereotypical view of the stupid farang, or a nice, polite, pleasant person not trying to make her job more difficult, leaving her with a good impression that some farang are not idiots after all.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law.
Winston Churchill

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law.
Winston Churchill

Their regulations, not ours. Doesn't matter in the slightest whether we respect them. Arguing, acting superior, and whinging don't affect them. How we treat other people, notably those who have nothing to do with creating the regulations, makes a difference in how they feel about us, however.

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

What's the point to get upset with the cashier or other staff? They didn't make the rules. They tried to scan it but seems whoever scanned it into the system scanned it under alcohol category and the system won't take it during banned time, so as much as they want to help, they can't do anything. The 2 easiest solutions are buy it during "allowed time", or buy another brand. 

If you like a more complicated way - call or write to the Head office and ask them why it's categorization as alcohol and banned, and then try to convince them that they're wrong. Not sure you'll succeed this way though. 

• Like 1