No soy sauce between 2-5 p.m at Makro

khunkarl

Just picked up two bottles the other day, Rimping if I remember but not sure of the time. Never encountered 2-5 issue on anything other than the taped off alcohol areas. Amazing Thailand ... talk about causing a loss of face ...

Edited by wwest5829

38 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Also stupid that gas station's 7/11 can't sell alcohol but mom and pop shop 20 meter away can sell!

I don't think alcohol can be sold at any gas station in the civilized world, and for which I would not need any justification

29 minutes ago, Susco said:

I don't think alcohol can be sold at any gas station in the civilized world, and for which I would not need any justification

Alcohol can be bought in UK petrol stations , although Brits are more disciplined and have been taught not to drink and drive  

16 hours ago, BigStar said:

No, stupid farang not listening, wants to argue because of course thinks he knows better, can't or won't understand the rule, and showing childish bad manners, not appropriate in Asia.

Just another bad impression. They need to tighten up visas and extensions more.

So it's bad manners to want to know why when they can't explain probably. Just accepting everything with a smile, that's how you get through daily life here is it? <deleted>...

• Like 1

Just now, khunkarl said:

So it's bad manners to want to know why when they can't explain probably. Just accepting everything with a smile, that's how you get through daily life here is it? <deleted>...

They quite clearly explained to you that they couldnt sell you the soy sauce because of its alcohol content .

An *OK*, shrug of the shoulders and a smile would be an acceptable reply

• Thanks 2

On 8/1/2020 at 12:25 PM, Crossy said:
On 8/1/2020 at 12:23 PM, khunkarl said:

I seriously doubt that. Would a sushi restaurant need a alcohol license having Kikkoman on the tables?

I doubt it too, but remember where we are ...

Cards on the table...oops, no licence for bridge.

Right, so how will we get across the river between 2 - 5pm?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

They quite clearly explained to you that they couldnt sell you the soy sauce because of its alcohol content .

He is German, he can't smile ... and can't accept. 

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So I'm under trial here suddenly as have been questioning why, when I thought they were wrong, which they are quite often in the LOS. I become annoyed yes, not optimal maybe, but I have not shown bad manners by solely arguing. I did not raise my voice and using any foul vocabulary. For this I have know been accused of childish bad manners and should be considered persona non grata according to another members earlier quote. It's not me having bad manners here... ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laochef said:

Tesco, Petchabun, do NOT sell Heineken 0.0 (alcohol-free beer) between 14 - 17... Why ? 'Cause the bottles are stored in the "alcohol aisle". Go figure !!!

I think it was a Big C that once tried to stop me buying tonic water for the same reason.

3 minutes ago, khunkarl said:

So I'm under trial here suddenly as have been questioning why, when I thought they were wrong, which they are quite often in the LOS. I become annoyed yes, not optimal maybe, but I have not shown bad manners by solely arguing. I did not raise my voice and using any foul vocabulary. For this I have know been accused of childish bad manners and should be considered persona non grata according to another members earlier quote. It's not me having bad manners here... ????

You got angry and became annoyed .

Do you realise that in Thailand , getting angry and annoyed is seen as a weakness and of a person who is unable to control themselves ?

You showed yourself to be weak, lacking self control and also rude and confrontational 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Do you realise that in Thailand , getting angry and annoyed is seen as a weakness and of a person who is unable to control themselves ?

You showed yourself to be weak, lacking self control and also rude and confrontational 

Exactly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

That is probably true. I was annoyed not angry, that's another level. However living here as farang never getting annoyed would surely result in high blood pressure or worse. Have you never seen annoyed Thai people? And have you never been spoken to rudely by a Thai person? If that's I'm moving to where you are living.. I've never claimed I'm perfect, I'm just human.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:16 PM, khunkarl said:

Kikkoman is the best brand but yeah maybe I'll try that one if when I go shopping during the banned hours ????

Kikkoman isn't the bestseller in Thailand,and much more expensive than the most popular soy sauces. And saying it's the best brand is like saying that Dutch Mill is the best milk,which isn't true. 

18 minutes ago, khunkarl said:

That is probably true. I was annoyed not angry, that's another level. However living here as farang never getting annoyed would surely result in high blood pressure or worse. Have you never seen annoyed Thai people? And have you never been spoken to rudely by a Thai person? If that's I'm moving to where you are living.. I've never claimed I'm perfect, I'm just human.

Yes, buy getting annoyed because you couldnt buy any soy sauce !!!!!

All you had to was either wait until 5 PM , or go back the next day or get some the next time you go there or just go without . 

Whatever option you choose would just have been a minor inconvenience to yourself .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A multi quoted baiting troll post ending in a general flame has been removed, also a reply

Please DO NOT multi quote in future, it is against forum rules and screws up quotes later on thank you.

Topic has de generated into a slanging match so can now be

//CLOSED//