bank account / Force majeure

I have been living in Vietnam for more than 6 months and have not been able to leave the country because of the continuing coronavirus hype and to fix my personal issues in Thailand and then return to Vietnam.

I own 2 personal savings accounts in Thailand banks. The access to both accounts is allowed if I personally present my bank book and passport. I have no ATM card or other instruments to access my account. I contacted both banks several times by email and phone but the girls answering my inquiry are not sufficient prepared to answer my questions in this regard even when I asked for the supervisors' advice.

I wonder whether one of you knows the banking regulations dealing with this aspect where the account owner cannot present himself because of Force majeure. I would need to know which documents/certifications I will need to present and transfer my money from my accounts at both banks in Thailand to my new account in Vietnam without my physical presence in Thailand.  

One would believe a person in Thailand holding your "Power of Attorney" would be able to act on your behalf, but the question would remain if they required to present your original documents or could act with certified copies.

• Thanks 1

You are right, but I have no family in Thailand ... I think this should also work without an intermediary when certificates from the German and Thai embassies in Vietnam are submitted ... Such things are mostly decided by superiors in middle management and that common staff knows nothing about it.

9 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Another question, do you have all your previous funding documents in order required for removing funds from Thailand.

Yes, I have the deposit document. The amount has been deposited before 2 years in my account and is without changes except some interests...

There are some ThaiVisa threads discussing using DeeMoney to transfer funds. Not sure what their requirements for setup are but you might try contacting them.

Is it possible to transfer money out of Thailand without a work permit  (see 2nd page)
By karl2007, March 28, 2019 in Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments

[Advertorial] How to Transfer Money from Thailand to Another Country  (official ad)
By ThaivisaSales, July 24, 2019 in Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I gather the OP hasn't to set up online banking on his Thai bank accounts and if he has, doesn't have a WP so can't transfer the funds internationally?

Nonother access tools are available except the personal presentation of passport and bank book...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 12:56 PM, RichCor said:

There are some ThaiVisa threads discussing using DeeMoney to transfer funds. Not sure what their requirements for setup are but you might try contacting them.

Is it possible to transfer money out of Thailand without a work permit  (see 2nd page)
By karl2007, March 28, 2019 in Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments

[Advertorial] How to Transfer Money from Thailand to Another Country  (official ad)
By ThaivisaSales, July 24, 2019 in Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments

In order to set up an account with Dee Money you need to have a cell phone number from Thailand...I have been contacted by a law firm from Thailand, they offer such service...

17 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

In order to set up an account with Dee Money you need to have a cell phone number from Thailand

For others who might be in a similar 'no have Thai number ' situation

...several companies list they provide Virtual Phone Numbers in Thailand that can route a voice call or text message to any phone or Application.

• Thanks 1

OP, since you did not retain your Thai sim card, do you have any friends in Thailand that you could have an OTP sent to their phone?  

You may be able to register for internet banking online, or over the telephone with the call centre, then you can move your money electronically.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

OP, since you did not retain your Thai sim card, do you have any friends in Thailand that you could have an OTP sent to their phone?  

You may be able to register for internet banking online, or over the telephone with the call centre, then you can move your money electronically.  

From memory I think unfortunately (or fortunately for security) you have to go instore to set up internet banking. You certainly need to do to change the phone number you use.

17 minutes ago, topt said:

From memory I think unfortunately (or fortunately for security) you have to go instore to set up internet banking. You certainly need to do to change the phone number you use.

You can apply online with Kasikorn, but only if you have a credit card, so no good for the OP.  

The OP doesn't say which bank/s he is with, but maybe he could look at their website to see if he can register for online banking, online.  

https://online.kasikornbankgroup.com/K-Online/onlineRegistration.do?cmd=initFirstPage&lang=en

• Thanks 1