Super-fit Solihull man battling horrific injuries after high speed motorbike crash in Thailand

rooster59

Super-fit Solihull man battling horrific injuries after high speed motorbike crash in Thailand

By Cathrina Hulse

0_JS216146061.jpg

Dean Standley is in a critical condition in Thailand after a motorcycle accident (Image: Birmingham Mail)

Dean Standley was not wearing a helmet when his Kawasaki Vulcan motorbike crashed into a car

A Solihull man with 'a heart of gold' is in a critical condition with horrific injuries after he was in a high-speed motorcycle crash in Thailand.

Dean Standley's devastating injuries include a shattered pelvis and a large bleed to the brain as well as a six inch crack to his skull, broken hips and an injured bladder.

Full story: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/super-fit-solihull-man-battling-18627634

Birmingham Mail: 20-08-01

• Sad 1

Just now, Crossy said:

Just quoting the original article linked in the first post.

Do verify that you are correct with your insurance provider.

Very good advice Crossy, people thinking they are covered, then have a problem, only to find insurance invalid.

• Like 1

You don't bounce so well at 40, superfit or not. Seems like a nice guy, what a sh@#fest. Hope he has deep pockets. Personally, I steer away from motorcycles, unless absolutely necessary. My SO's pick up is the go to in most situations. Still, if some older guys want to take the chance up to them, so long as they realise the risks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Just quoting the original article linked in the first post.

Do verify that you are correct with your insurance provider.

Really? First off all there were free automatic extensions to my policy because the COVID-19 situation. Then I have been able to extend it beyond that. Fully covered, even for COVID-19.

He was just careless. Knowingly no insurance and no helmet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

and looks like a boiler room scammer !!

More like one of these dodgy FSA's.

Boiler room scammers don't us their real names, have Linkedin accs and put their faces on the net!

Edited by Keyser Soze666
  • Like 1