Super-fit Solihull man battling horrific injuries after high speed motorbike crash in Thailand

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Super fit he may be, but he didn't train his brain as much as his muscles....

What a bloody idiot, no helmet lucky he is not dead. Now a go fund me to pay his medical bills. Rides a motorbike, no helmet, just a clown.

How can you type up such a nasty comment regarding someone who had a serious accident. He is injured badly for Christ's sake..   Truly hope he recovers and makes it through as best as he can

Posted Images

a large bleed to the brain aswell as a six inch crack to his skull”

Based on that I would say chances of recovery are very slim. Perhaps a life in a vegetated state awaits him.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2020 at 1:19 PM, Eindhoven said:
On 8/1/2020 at 12:44 PM, Crossy said:

Another GoFundMe job I'm afraid.

No lid, insurance apparently invalidated when he failed to follow UK government advice to return to the UK.

My insurance has not been invalidated.

The true test of any insurance company's  policy validity is trying to apply its coverage.

• Like 2
On 8/1/2020 at 1:05 PM, colinneil said:

What a bloody idiot, no helmet lucky he is not dead.

Now a go fund me to pay his medical bills.

Rides a motorbike, no helmet, just a clown.

You actually think that a ''Thai Motorbike Helmet'' would have saved him a 300 baht, plastic Helmet would not have helped much? could do more damage if not fitted correctly, now a imported full face to UK, European or DOT standards yes that would have helped.

Trouble is most Helmets are only for show in Thailand as in most of Asia

Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Jiggo said:

You actually think that a ''Thai Motorbike Helmet'' would have saved him a 300 baht, plastic Helmet would not have helped much? could do more damage if not fitted correctly, now a imported full face to UK, European or DOT standards yes that would have helped.

Trouble is most Helmets are only for show in Thailand as in most of Asia

Just my opinion. 

Well mate, when i had my accident, i was wearing the freebie helmet supplied by the Honda dealer, so yes a plastic Thai helmet would have saved his head. the only part of my body not injured was my head.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, 007 RED said:

We've all done stupid things in our life, me included, so far be it for me to 'throw the first (or last) stone.

That said something just doesn't ring right about the Go Fund Me appeal.

According to the information on the Gofundme page ( https://www.gofundme.com/f/deans-in-a-critical-condition?utm_source=facebook ) the individual had the horrific motorcycle accident in Hau Hin and was initially treated at a local hospital.  Apparently the hospital ran out of blood, so he was transferred to the private Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok.

It appears that he is currently in the intensive care unit of the Bangkok Hospital and his treatment is expected to cost in excess of 100,000 GBP.

His insurance company has refused to pay for his treatment and his family are seeking donations to pay for his treatment.

I remember very well that when I was taken to the Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok by ambulance after fracturing my ankle several years ago, I was held in the reception area for quite some considerable time, in excruciating pain, until my insurance company in the UK confirmed by fax that they would fund my treatment.

So, if the hospital’s policy is that they require proof of payment up front e.g. confirmation from insurance company or a credit card with very large credit limit before they provide treatment, how comes he is in their intensive care unit with a potentially massive bill that the insurance company refuses to pay and he/his relatives say that they cannot pay?

I somehow don't see the hospital providing the sort of treatment that he requires on the basis that his relatives hope to secure funding from public donations.  They (the hospital) are a business, not a charity.

Since his wife was with him she could have shown the hospital that they own property,condo, house , bikes , car ect and if she signed a statement to promise  to pay they would take out a lien on said property if payment was not made.

• Like 1

His beach appearance picture of tats and shaven head looks like he was trying to copy the Rock! Too bad, as this will certainly mess up his life if he survives. 

Sadly no more pentathlon/decathlon he may never be the same after this

you hear of thai,s doing this all the time all of us are hear to enjoy our

lives not to give them away like some thai,s do  just hope in time he gets 

some where back to what he was a fit man  now means i have to fly the flag for uk in pent/dec

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well mate, when i had my accident, i was wearing the freebie helmet supplied by the Honda dealer, so yes a plastic Thai helmet would have saved his head. the only part of my body not injured was my head.

Glad you where OK, depends on the severity of the impact I guess, just know I would sooner trust a helmet tested to destruction. Ride Safe

Hundreds of thousands of dollars/pounds ~ pain and suffering  could have been avoided, for the cost of a 1,000 baht helmet. What an idiot. Hopefully he survives and learns that Thailand is no place to take a chance like that.

• Like 2
On 8/3/2020 at 4:15 AM, Andy from Kent said:

The true test of any insurance company's  policy validity is trying to apply its coverage.

Already have and they paid....more than once. But thanks for your contribution anyway.

Sorry but obviously this guy trains alot. Maybe he should have stayed in school longer to train his brain. How thick can you be?