Super-fit Solihull man battling horrific injuries after high speed motorbike crash in Thailand

rooster59

On 8/3/2020 at 10:15 AM, Andy from Kent said:

The true test of any insurance company's  policy validity is trying to apply its coverage.

Spent a week in ICU then a further 2 weeks in a private suite at Bangkok Pattaya, bill came to 1.2 million.

No issue with insurance company paying it, they also covered my monthly medication which was 20k a month.

On 8/3/2020 at 11:38 AM, colinneil said:

Well mate, when i had my accident, i was wearing the freebie helmet supplied by the Honda dealer, so yes a plastic Thai helmet would have saved his head. the only part of my body not injured was my head.

Its anecdotal colin.  

If someones gonna axe you in the head, would you rather wear a 300b Big C special or a super duper Arai helmet. 

This question is also rhetorical, i know the answer ????

On 8/2/2020 at 6:16 AM, bodga said:
One of the companies he  has worked for and heres  what an ex employee  has to say. Boiler room scam worldwide.

Helpful (17)
deVere Group Logo

"scam operation"

in Dubai
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Disapproves of CEO

I worked at deVere Group

Pros

High profit rewards for scamming customers on international long term saving plans with high undeclared fees and high undeclared surrender values.

Cons

Devere Group and Nigel Green basically run a global boiler room operation on a massive scale. Fact is most clients loose the majority of their investment because the company forces its staff to withhold key information about the products they SELL. Devere are not financial advisors. They are just the middle man selling very very expensive insurance products on behalf of large international firms such as Zurich Life but dress this up as some fancy expat investment product.

yeah I saw that earlier too.

full blown scammers, trying to get me to go on a meeting with them at hua hin regarging "investments" with them a few years back

after they were given phone number AND names from someone with grabby hands access inside hua hin immigration

jokes on them, i don't have any money and not a knob.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2020 at 3:00 AM, Jonathan Swift said:

Must be great to be one of those perfect human beings who never makes mistakes or does anything stupid. Shame on you. What's worse - stupidity, or your calloused lack of basic compassion and humanity? In case you didn't read this thoroughly, his injuries suggest he will be crippled for life if he even survives. And he deserves that because he was careless with his own safety? You know nothing about this guy's life. How do you know what kind of person he is - family, friends, etc.;  he likely has a much bigger heart than the likes of you. According to the original story this was a good man who did a lot of good for those around him. I for one have sympathy for the poor guy, and hope he recovers for his sake and for those who care about him. What he learns or doesn't learn is up to him if he is ever able to use his mind again enough to think about it. Sucks to be you, hopefully you won't have to fracture your skull before you learn what you need to learn to become a better human being. 

Wrong, wrong, wrong. The sleazy professional background of this tattooed thug is all over the internet and social media. He has scammed countless people off their savings ... and karma caught up with him.

"According to the original story this was a good man who did a lot of good for those around him." -- Nowhere does it say that about your colleague. Stop trying to whitewash his image.

https://international-adviser.com/maltese-regulator-fires-warning-over-global-advice-firm/

No health insurance? Begging for handouts on a Gofundme page? Surely he's stolen enough money to look after himself.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. The sleazy professional background of this tattooed thug is all over the internet and social media. He has scammed countless people off their savings ... and karma caught up with him.

"According to the original story this was a good man who did a lot of good for those around him." -- Nowhere does it say that about your colleague. Stop trying to whitewash his image.

https://international-adviser.com/maltese-regulator-fires-warning-over-global-advice-firm/

No health insurance? Begging for handouts on a Gofundme page? Surely he's stolen enough money to look after himself.

It looks like he was living the high life on his scams. When able they should pack him off to the UK to get free medical for the rest of his life. This is the kind that gives decent Brits a bad name. 

Go fund me should start with thus who he scammed first. 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 2:22 PM, checkered flag said:

It looks like he was living the high life on his scams. When able they should pack him off to the UK to get free medical for the rest of his life. This is the kind that gives decent Brits a bad name. 

Go fund me should start with thus who he scammed first. 

Why give uk the expense.

Let DeVere pick up the tab.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Why give uk the expense.

Let DeVere pick up the tab.

Does DeVere actually have any cash or is it all hand to mouth? They are a con game along with this guy who probably spend other's money as fast as they can. Aren't DeVire and Stanley one and the same?

Will his unpaid medical bills be used to justify requiring health insurance for all expats? 

Edited by checkered flag

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 1:29 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Sad for all, but I can only say on top of what I already said, if one chooses not to take care of oneself and start to become responsible, i.e. tone it down, then life can turn on them, and those around them end up suffering.

I say the above having lost a brother years after his motorbike accident where he got busted up badly, taking to the bottle which ended his life, sad for my mother to watch to this day 12 years on, I too was a bit of a loose cannon clocking up to 220km an hour on an open road, no side streets, however toned it down after my heart attack, so I suppose I learned, miss the bike though ????

"I too was a bit of a loose cannon clocking up to 220km an hour on an open road, no side streets,"

Many farangs also come to Thailand because they can leave a large part of their brain at home.

Irresponsible in the land of irresponsibility.

So give this guy a break

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Difficult to understand why his decision to stay in Thailand voided his insurance. Fair enough of no helmet but surely not because of being advised to return home.

Maybe also because:

In addition, the maximum time our annual travel insurance policies cover single overseas stays is 90 days

He left the UK in January.