Super-fit Solihull man battling horrific injuries after high speed motorbike crash in Thailand

rooster59

Just now, BritManToo said:

Does that mean all Brits here have invalid insurance now?

Seems odd.

It would seem that those with policies from Virgin Money could have no cover. It would certainly do no harm whatever to get something in writing (email) from your provider.

I would say that it looks awfully like he had the wrong policy in the first place as he was living here.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

How can you type up such a nasty comment regarding someone who had a serious accident. He is injured badly for Christ's sake..

Truly hope he recovers and makes it through as best as he can.

Yep the guy might struggle to live and lowlives attack him

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Oh ok...you wrote or

Yes I read;

Unfortunately not following FCO travel advice invalidates a policy. In addition, the maximum time our annual travel insurance policies cover single overseas stays is 90 days.”

My policy has the same conditions. But mine has been extended. But perhaps you needed to contact them. Perhaps he did not. I did.

I didn't just leave it and hope for the best. So each month, I get a new updated policy extension.

Edited by Eindhoven

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Don't see a post #19.

Post #19 of this thread, it has the quote from the insurance company which is from the linked article.

Click the arrow top right of the above box to go to the post.

Goodness me, quite a lot of nasty people on here ready to attack the guy for his lifestyle and (Some foolish) choices about protective gear.

It's a UK newspaper, which is connected to The Daily Mail) is sensationalist tripe. I'm sure they got the best picture of him and inflated any details they could... further increased by some know-it-alls on TVF.

Give the poor guy a break and wish him a speedy recovery... or at least don't be so negative and 'it serves him right'.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jim P said:

I said a few weeks ago a lot of these people now on amnesty will now not be insured and I was berated for it. This guy found out the hard way, and insured or not no helmet is just stupid, another acting the cool guy that found out concrete and metal are harder than his head. Good luck to him he has a hard road ahead and if he was a boiler room scammer then karma has come knocking.

He didn't find out the hard way. He knew and acted recklessly anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His go fund me page says he loves life...  not enough to wear a helmet and ride sensibly though.....been riding scooters in Thailand since 1987 and if I had a dollar for every rider I have seen doing stupid things.....well you know the rest. Hope he gets through this and learns.