Super-fit Solihull man battling horrific injuries after high speed motorbike crash in Thailand

rooster59

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yes, really!

Have a look at Post #19 or the linked article.

He was not so lucky with automatic extensions.

Take a look:

Single trip insurance cover extension

02/04/2020

We welcome the Government’s announcement to assist with repatriation given the challenges that many people stuck abroad are facing. ABI members are committed to supporting their customers who are stuck abroad at this difficult time. 

Most travel insurance policies already automatically extend so that people can continue to be covered against the risk of emergency medical treatment when they are stuck abroad due to ongoing travel restrictions. 

Sometimes these extensions have a limit of up to 30 days, however, given the exceptional circumstances leading ABI members will look to extend this protection to cover the risk of emergency medical treatment for up to a minimum of 60 days, provided customers are making every effort to return home.

So you can actually get 60 days of free extensions and possibly continue to pay for further extensions. I haven't checked if the Virgin policy is by an ABI member. Mainly because it makes no difference to me.

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

So you can actually get 60 days of free extensions and possibly continue to pay for further extensions. I haven't checked if the Virgin policy is by an ABI member. Mainly because it makes no difference to me.

Well either way, his insurance provider is saying his policy is invalid so they won't cough.

Riding a bike without helmet is not a wise thing to do anywhere in the world especially in lawless Thailand considering the way the drive here, absolutely blind, not paying attention who’s around them, driving against the traffic, jumping red lights not to mention their selfish/childish attitude whilst driving, the perfect formula that leads to a disaster ????????‍♂️
As someone in here said, he probably didn’t train his mind properly, you made your bed now lay in it cheeky monkey.

• Like 2

I have seen a lot of idiotic foreigners riding big bikes in Thailand and speeding way above the speed limit.

Thai usually ride at slow speed and they don't follow traffic rules, so if you ride fast, boommm....!

They are asking to be hospitalized like this guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Just quoting the original article linked in the first post.

Do verify that you are correct with your insurance provider.

Certainly won't be insured for riding a super bike without an helmet no protection and speeding,enough to invalidate any insurance.My travel insurance doesn't cover me for riding or being a passenger on a bike,or any dangerous activity,for that I have to pay extra.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Thai wife? Really? 

You approve of him scamming people?

Oh i see he has a Russian wife. My misstake. But i dont see anything about him scamming people, with regards to this accident.

The gofundme page....why not? nothing wrong with that. often a page like that is not for the publicbut just a way for friends and family to financially help a little bit. 

It might surprise you but friends and family dont care if an injured loved one has a house and a swimming pool, they just want to help.

Except forsome googling we dont know the guy, so for sure i wouldnt donate but i also wouldnt make nasty comments. Just wishing him a good recovery sounds the best to me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Seems to me he had it coming.  Very bad judgment from his part causing so much pain and suffering to himself and family/wife. So irresponsable too.  That was avoidable unlike so many other accidents in life. Bad choice for which he may loose his life or be left with permanent damage.  Such a pity.  Still hope he pulls it through.  Sad indeed ! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

something definately amiss.

Boiler room scammer is my guess, call my cynical but Russian wife and living in Thailand...... I'll leave it there but defo aint an Investment banker.

what's the diference between a boiler room scammer and an investment banker ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

Another GoFundMe job I'm afraid.

No lid, insurance apparently invalidated when he failed to follow UK government advice to return to the UK.

Insurance would be invalidated for not wearing a helmet!!

i hope he recovers and all goes well,what a tragedy but we see this constantly here the rds are from hell ,we see the way people drive here each time we walk out our front doors.the comments about this poor guy from writers are really too much.ive seen people rubbed out walking across zebra crossings when the lights are red.the conceit and arrogance of some of the comments shows exactly what type of people we are dealing with.dont take satisfaction from anothers suffering.he looks like a wide boy,serves him right.get a life ,perhaps get tested for homo sapiens DNA but never ever judge someone in such an appalling manner.judgemental opinionated know it alls the perfect creatures,shame on you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, warcy said:

I have seen a lot of idiotic foreigners riding big bikes in Thailand and speeding way above the speed limit.

Thai usually ride at slow speed and they don't follow traffic rules, so if you ride fast, boommm....!

They are asking to be hospitalized like this guy.

Some TVF members even consider it appropriate to post stories about riding big bikes at speeds of up to 172kph 'without the right gear and a top rated helmet'........

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1175617-i-rented-a-cb650r-for-the-day-and-my-friend-adv150/ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1