Super-fit Solihull man battling horrific injuries after high speed motorbike crash in Thailand

rooster59

Insurance invalidated for not wearing a helmet or could have expired. Very possible the wife doesn't have access to his accounts so started a gofund me. If you don't like it, don't donate. Real simple.  Probably a bunch of fat slobs here jealous of this guy's lifestyle, so they're happy to see him suffer. Ha ha ha

so nice post in here,, okay its stop for not having an insurance en 2e, how you know that accident is his fault ? 

A friend loses his life last week in buri ram in a motor exidend , Not his Fault....

2 hours ago, Mak25 said:

I think the main point is he had a travel insurance which was only valid for max. 90 day per journey.

They started GoFundme because many did before and they can. I don't think it's right but you see, they already got few thousands...it works. I actually need a new Ferrari, maybe I could also start a campaign.

I definitely will not contribute for whatever reason but wish a speedy recovery.

I wonder if Boss Youdovoodo has a new Ferrari yet or have the dents been knocked out of t'other one.

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

Oh i see he has a Russian wife. My misstake. But i dont see anything about him scamming people, with regards to this accident.

Pretty sure the "scamming" reference is to his business activities, not the accident. 

You didn't look at the link (provided several times now) to the article about the warnings issued by the Maltese, Swiss and UK authorities in relation to his dodgy business activities?

Here's what it says (in part):

The MFSA warning is not the first, as the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (Finma) have already cautioned investors against dealing with Tower of London Worldwide.

Looking at the pictures and reports, the accident looks genuine and on a personal level, I wish him a speedy recovery - nobody likes to see a fellow human being suffer from those kinds of horrific injuries.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Don Mega said:

and allegedly a (broke it seems, why the gofundme?) investment banker with a Russian wife.... there is some porky pies to the story for sure.

Investment bankers dont go around looking like a child has painted on them

Hopefully he recovers but a lesson to all about bikes in Thailand. Absolute no no.

Im suggesting he sells  this to finance his  hospital  holiday  should  get about $800000,this  STINKS. or  maybe  sell one of his  watches to Pratwit 

Christmas shopping and the airport is evacuated as I’m buying my own present,

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716883296

???? My early Christmas ???????? Present to me today.
Mercedes G800 Brabus, ???? ????????????????
With only 800BHP & Bullet Proof Glass.

25395915_10155159467473297_3674811415933767025_n.jpg

Edited by bodga
  • Thanks 1

Try making a claim on your insurance they will not pay quoting  the fact that governments told you to return home all insurances are invalid. I called to check if I was covered with covid because I purchased it long before covid and they told me. Lucky I didnt need to claim but people think they covered until they need it

Busted pelvis,right side, shattered wrist, internal bleeding, broken fingers on both hands, dislocated right shoulder, exploded left testical, broken left foot. 1 million thb and my expat club insurance paid 220k.. oh I know why; i live here, married and have a thai family to look after..and i wore a crash helmet.. so be it.  :0) 

I understand the belief of the sun & wind blowing on your face and the feel of your hair [if you have any] flowing due to no helmet.  I having worked in O.R's in my career you would have a change of heart.  I myself when in Pattaya riding a 125 bike took a curve too fast slipped on a curve, took a dive over the handlebars and went like a rocket headfirst into the pavement.  I distinctly remember the second waiting for the hit.  I remember the feel of the top of my head slam against the top of my helmet.  I stood, feeling dazed seeing blood running down my knee not feeling pain.  I was so grateful.  Wearing a decent helmet is the best method to spend your.  Like insurance, you may hate the cost but if you need it you are damn happy to have it.

He writes above he 'wore a helmet.'  If so lucky he is.  Even seatbelts don't guarantee survival but does improve the odds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

How many posts now saying exactly the same thing?? 'Parrot' doesn't even come close!

Assume you were once ripped by one of these cowboys?

Edited by Keyser Soze666
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Saltire said:

I think this highlights one of the key differences between a Travel Policy and a Medical/Expat Policy.

You are not travelling if you live here, but many will opt for travel policy as they tend to be cheaper.

Most insurers will insist on you being a resident of (UK in this instance) and qualifying that as meaning resident for the previous 6 months. His policy was invalid on several points including riding a big bike and particularly no helmet 

We all make mistakes and do dumb things and suffer the consequences. But hopefully the man will recover and empathize with his family, friends and him for the pain and hard lesson.  

Go fund me pages are not something I enjoy seeing but you don’t have to contribute anything. Just ignore that part of the story. 

• Sad 2

Some of you use your heads now, It's been stated that he has not regained full conciousness yet so it is not him but his brother who is asking for money on GoFundMe as  a family member trying to get funds to help out and maybe fly (in normal times) get family over to visit him. He paid cash for motorbikes and house so could always sell them or take a loan out to cover medical exspenses IF he recovers, As far as business being dodgey there are warnings  to be careful of investing with him but no charges of improper or illegal dealings against him, you know innocent untill proven guilty.

Was stupid to ride big bike without a helmut but think most of  us have done something stupid/foolish at least once in our lives.

Edited by Tony125
spelling
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

So he got away with setting up an unregulated financial business that probably fleeced countless investors out of their money, and seems to have used the ill gotten gains to fund a very nice lifestyle. 

Clearly he's the daredevil type, so he also got away with living on the edge up until now, e.g. riding fast bikes with no protection. 

I do sometimes envy people who live life this way, without a care. But every now and again I am reminded why a more cautious and (more or less) law abiding approach to life is better in the long run. This story is one of those reminders. 

That said, I do wish him a full recovery. If he gets through this I'm sure his outlook on life will change a lot. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Superman found his Kryptonite.

No helmet and traveling at high speeds down a city street in the #1 country in the world in traffic fatalities is asking for a world of trouble. He learned a hard lesson and I hope he pulls through, but severe TBIs like Dean sustained that result in intracranial hemorrhaging is comparable to a stroke and is life threatening. The pressure caused by the hematoma often causes severe brain damage and death. IF he survives his life changes drastically forever. For those who want to join in, say a prayer for Dean's recovery.????

• Like 2

Very sad news and feel for the guy but there's really no excuse for riding without a helmet and when riding high speed, he should have had full protective gear on. He has quite a few videos on his FB page of him riding recklessly taking selfies with no helmet on - seems like it was just a matter of time. 

• Like 1

A mans got to know his limitations (Harry Callahan). He clearly did not know, riding fast and without a helmet.

If he is in fact is a scammer and took advantage of others, then karma is working and correcting things.

I can not find any pics of the actual crash? Theirs always pics with the police and involved vehicles.

Edited by JJNThailand
New thought