Super-fit Solihull man battling horrific injuries after high speed motorbike crash in Thailand

rooster59

Not wanting to pile on or beat a dead horse?  but this is classic that one can be physical as a man certainly in this case he did that and more but never learned what is most important in life is developing his brain to make better decision and not allow the ego to get the better of a person.

All pump up wanting the world to see how cool he was not only was he not wearing a helmet but the speed at which he was traveling now he is paying the price. There is a saying in driving " if you put yourself in a position for something to happen most likely it will "

Another foreigner who think he is immortal, doesn't matter how many warnings they get from friends or others, they have to learn the hard way.

If he survives at least he can forget about being "super fit" for a long time, worst case scenario wheelchair for life. 

• Like 1

It's really unfortunate that this guy couldn't be more like so many of the commentators here who have never made a completely stupid mistake.

With regard to the gofundme, I'd never contribute to anything unless I have first hand knowledge of the legitimacy of the cause to which I am contributing.  

6 hours ago, SteveK said:

Boasting about buying houses and brand new motorbikes on FB, but didn't have valid insurance and didn't bother with a helmet?

Anyone using GoFundMe to pay bills should not be selling financial advice

I don't think your aware of what this will cost. I think it's fair to to say most of us are surprised we are still alive given the risky behavior of our youth. 

What's the difference? He got unlucky and that's it, just unlucky but continues to get smashed by by the keyboard warriors. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, belfast3 said:

Very sad news and feel for the guy but there's really no excuse for riding without a helmet and when riding high speed, he should have had full protective gear on. He has quite a few videos on his FB page of him riding recklessly taking selfies with no helmet on - seems like it was just a matter of time. 

Very sad news and feel for the guy but there's really no excuse for engaging in scumbag "wealth Management" practices.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for anybody who have such kind of serious accident but i find very strange a supposedly rich person, successuful, is setting up a gofundme page. (beeing able to afford two big bikes cash but not beeing able to pay your hospital bill... come on..)

Also, you don't need a lot of investigations to see this guy is doing some dodgy business... all year long holidays, a lot of self promotion on social media. Some forumers pointed lack of legal registrations about his financial websites. With little more digging i would not be surprised to read some scams stories and fraud.

It seems he like fast motobike as he like fast money and fast life.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, madmen said:

I don't think your aware of what this will cost. I think it's fair to to say most of us are surprised we are still alive given the risky behavior of our youth. 

What's the difference? He got unlucky and that's it, just unlucky but continues to get smashed by by the keyboard warriors. 

The guy 40, not really a young guy anymore. And ride a powerful bike, very fast, without helmet is far from beeing smart.

On the top of it, we was warned by his insurrance about not beeing covered.

Accidents that lead to dramatic situations are mostly the sum of many mistakes. He made them all.

Driving recklessy is dangerous for himself but also others. Would you be as tolerant if he had killed a kid or an eldery ? 

Edited by madrona114
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, madisongy said:

It's really unfortunate that this guy couldn't be more like so many of the commentators here who have never made a completely stupid mistake.

With regard to the gofundme, I'd never contribute to anything unless I have first hand knowledge of the legitimacy of the cause to which I am contributing.  

to be fair, there is scum bag people among us that are involved in boiler room schemes and dodgy "wealth" management.

14 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah utter stupidity get no sympathy from me.

sucks to be him but hopefully he learns from the situation.

Must be great to be one of those perfect human beings who never makes mistakes or does anything stupid. Shame on you. What's worse - stupidity, or your calloused lack of basic compassion and humanity? In case you didn't read this thoroughly, his injuries suggest he will be crippled for life if he even survives. And he deserves that because he was careless with his own safety? You know nothing about this guy's life. How do you know what kind of person he is - family, friends, etc.;  he likely has a much bigger heart than the likes of you. According to the original story this was a good man who did a lot of good for those around him. I for one have sympathy for the poor guy, and hope he recovers for his sake and for those who care about him. What he learns or doesn't learn is up to him if he is ever able to use his mind again enough to think about it. Sucks to be you, hopefully you won't have to fracture your skull before you learn what you need to learn to become a better human being. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift
correction
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Must be great to be one of those perfect human beings who never makes mistakes or does anything stupid. I don't know what's worse - stupidity, or a calloused lack of basic compassion and humanity - that would be you. In case you didn't read this thoroughly, his injuries suggest he will be crippled for life if he even survives. And he deserves that because he was careless with his own safety? How do you know what kind of person he is - family, friends, etc., but I imagine he likely has a much bigger heart than the likes of you. I for one have sympathy for the poor guy, and hope he recovers. What he learns or doesn't learn is up to him if he is ever able to use his mind again enough to think about it. 

he made a dumb choice and come off second best.

With his dodgy companies and employment ripping people off sounds like karma has come round.

scumbags get what scumbags deserve.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah utter stupidity get no sympathy from me.

sucks to be him but hopefully he learns from the situation.

Must be great to be one of those perfect human beings who never makes mistakes or does anything stupid. Shame on you. What's worse - stupidity, or your calloused lack of basic compassion and humanity? In case you didn't read this thoroughly, his injuries suggest he will be crippled for life if he even survives. And he deserves that because he was careless with his own safety? You know nothing about this guy's life. How do you know what kind of person he is - family, friends, etc.;  he likely has a much bigger heart than the likes of you. According to the original story this was a good man who did a lot of good for those around him. I for one have sympathy for the poor guy, and hope he recovers for his sake and for those who care about him. What he learns or doesn't learn is up to him if he is ever able to use his mind again enough to think about it. Sucks to be you, hopefully you won't have to fracture your skull before you learn what you need to learn to become a better human being. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

He's still stupid and irresponsible to fly around on a motorbike without a helmet, especially in Thailand. He looks like another invincible hardman farang and that's why there's so many negative comments, we've seen so many of them come and go over the years, I won't be donating.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Yeah I am are responsible bike rider, I wear protective gear.

am also savvy enough to not lose my life saving's to scumbags like this dead<deleted>, sadly others are not but now he's done himself in maybe they won't lose their money.

Helmet for sure but how many here ALWAYS don full touring leathers, boots, gloves and back protection before popping down to Watson's for a few items?  I should expect to see some compassion here for a man laid up in horrible physical disarray There could be something positive come out of this despite his previous choices maybe he is alive so he can turn it around and perhaps do some good for the community.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Helmet for sure but how many here ALWAYS don full touring leathers, boots, gloves and back protection before popping down to Watson's for a few items?  I should expect to see some compassion here for a man laid up in horrible physical disarray There could be something positive come out of this despite his previous choices maybe he is alive so he can turn it around and perhaps do some good for the community.

I do full leathers and protection when I get on my bike.

A quickie to the 7/11 on the scoot I do not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abmong said:

Anyone who rides a motorbike on the roads in Thailand may as well be playing Russia Roulette, helmet or no helmet.

Not too bad on the local roads but obviously still crazy people out there.  Slow down around town is good idea.  Taxi for main roads.  

1 minute ago, Abmong said:

Anyone who rides a motorbike on the roads in Thailand may as well be playing Russia Roulette, helmet or no helmet.

hello captain obvious, roads all round the world can be dangerous to a bike rider but one wearing protective gear has a better chance of lesser injuries.

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

Another GoFundMe job I'm afraid.

No lid, insurance apparently invalidated when he failed to follow UK government advice to return to the UK.

I say we start A GOFUND to help.