Super-fit Solihull man battling horrific injuries after high speed motorbike crash in Thailand

rooster59

2 hours ago, madmen said:

I don't think your aware of what this will cost. I think it's fair to to say most of us are surprised we are still alive given the risky behavior of our youth. 

What's the difference? He got unlucky and that's it, just unlucky but continues to get smashed by by the keyboard warriors. 

He didn't get unlucky. Unlucky would be driving sensibly and being hit by a reckless speedster. Or walking across the road and being hit by a reckless speedster. 

Unlucky would be be being duped by a bogus unregulated wealth management company and losing your money. 

He's being caned by 'keyboard warriors' because he gambled with other people's lives and money, and had a very good time doing it. 

But I do genuinely hope he pulls through despite the wrong choices he made in his life so far. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Super Fit until this accident happened. No Helmet,  equals no sympathy.

If the guy survives, he will have a very different life.  Good that he has family to

help him out during his recovery.  

Geezer

Famly has gone - teh <deleted>.

gofundme  !!

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

hello captain obvious, roads all round the world can be dangerous to a bike rider but one wearing protective gear has a better chance of lesser injuries.

Well Captain Leathers, I take it you will be writing to the Thai authorities on how better to take care of their citizens as over 60 motorcyclists perished on the roads a few days ago. 

While your at it drop a line to the widow of the 70 yo Brit who was hit from behind by a pickup truck. 

I am sympathetic to the individual.... But riding a motorbike at speed without a helmet turns the rider into a mobile organ donor.  Looking at his injury list it looks like he might also have suffered the common injury of a ripped off tackle by the instrument display .... Poor man.  At least in Thailand he can swap to being a ladyboy...

Hmmmm.... I guess I am not very sympathetic after all. I've been riding big bikes for 40+ years and seen too many accidents caused by the bikers stupidity. In Thailand 98% of drivers and riders seem utterly imbecilic. So, what should one expect if driving/riding fast?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

I take it you will be writing to the Thai authorities on how better to take care of their citizens as over 60 motorcyclists perished on the roads a few days ago.

Thailand certainly seems to want to maintain a top spot for road deaths per capita.

15 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

Well Captain Leathers, I take it you will be writing to the Thai authorities on how better to take care of their citizens as over 60 motorcyclists perished on the roads a few days ago. 

While your at it drop a line to the widow of the 70 yo Brit who was hit from behind by a pickup truck. 

cry a river mate.

old matey Mr 70 drove into the front of that pickup.

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a bloody idiot, no helmet lucky he is not dead.

Now a go fund me to pay his medical bills.

Rides a motorbike, no helmet, just a clown.

Once he gets the medical bills he might wish for an early dirt nap.....????????????????

and for those too  stupid  to  still invest 

https://www.biznews.com/uk-investing/2017/05/25/devere-expats-us-probe

DeVere opened its US outpost in 2012. It hired mainly young British men to pitch their countrymen on the tax benefits of moving their pensions overseas. Former employees say they spent most of their time cold-calling and sending messages on LinkedIn.

Edited by bodga
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Odisan said:

Still working on the comprehension, tho', huh?
image.png.bfffed529e86d2d51f45010bf085fc22.png

I think you should continue to work on that! It clearly stands that he believe accidents are unavoidable, but that it´s possible to avoid many of the injuries as a result of the accident by better protection. You know, helmet and such things. What was hard to understand with that?

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Looking at the photos of the wedding and the dogs on the link, his family setting up a go fund me page seems inappropriate to me for the lifestyle he decided to live 

Agreed....something not quite right with all this!

4 hours ago, madrona114 said:

He didn't put only his own life at risk dude. On the road, others people life matter too.

When i was 8, my dad was killed by somebody selfish enough to believe drinking and driving was OK.

since then, i'm sorry but i have hard time to have much compassion for reckless drivers...

It's not too late. You've got the rest of your life to work on that compassion thing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

You don't have to be 40, super fit and have a big bike to die here. I live in a very quiet rural village and kids from 10 years old fly around on the family scooters every day, attempting wheelies and generally showing off.

In fact the village just buried an 11 year old boy last week, well known for going around the concrete roads too fast. Some of the Thai used to shout 'die' and other obscenities at him as he roared by (on a scooter). They got their wish. He came off the bike and died from a head injury on the way to hospital.

And nothing will change, many other children still doing the same every day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Some of the Thai used to shout 'die' and other obscenities at him as he roared by (on a scooter).

Thats interesting , interesting others  feel its stupid and dangerous in the  village,  but would  they still  shout that if  he drove sedately? because even at  11 years  old  its  still  too  young.

8 minutes ago, Saltire said:

You don't have to be 40, super fit and have a big bike to die here. I live in a very quiet rural village and kids from 10 years old fly around on the family scooters every day, attempting wheelies and generally showing off.

In fact the village just buried an 11 year old boy last week, well known for going around the concrete roads too fast. Some of the Thai used to shout 'die' and other obscenities at him as he roared by (on a scooter). They got their wish. He came off the bike and died from a head injury on the way to hospital.

And nothing will change, many other children still doing the same every day.

Last night at the village shop some old guy with torch on his head (his old scooter had no lights), a dog sitting in the middle and a boy of about 10 years old on the back.

Man very drunk...orders more Lao Kai. After chat with other old guys he leaves to go home, telling the kid to get on the front of the bike and drive him and the dog home as he too drunk.

Kid, old man and dog no helmets. Kid drives off on the old bike with no lights into the road, narrowly missing another bike passing by, to which people think funny, then off they go into the darkness.

• Sad 1