Trump says will ban TikTok amid pressure on Chinese owner to sell

rooster59

9 minutes ago, fdsa said:

people do not explicitly "put there" their contact lists, contents of their SMS and email messages, list of installed applications on their phones, their Wi-Fi access point name and MAC address including all neighboring Wi-Fi access points, and so on.

if an app presents itself as "share your video with the world" but reveals as "share your private information with us" then it's malpractice at least and espionage at most.

TikTok privacy policy and info they collect is extensively disclosed in the link below, it's not a secret...

https://www.tiktok.com/legal/privacy-policy?lang=en

7 hours ago, fdsa said:

people do not explicitly "put there" their contact lists, contents of their SMS and email messages, list of installed applications on their phones, their Wi-Fi access point name and MAC address including all neighboring Wi-Fi access points, and so on.

if an app presents itself as "share your video with the world" but reveals as "share your private information with us" then it's malpractice at least and espionage at most.

Read the text before you click "OK" would help.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:52 PM, Eric Loh said:

Sorry I don’t see much of evidence and this not peer reviewed by other developers. I will reserve my judgement if this just another political expediency. 

Actually, it was one guy in India (redditor) by the name of Bangorlol who came up with the news. Now: India is currently whipping up a bit of anti-China sentiment, and there were lots of reports of Chinese apps being banned in India because of [reasons]. Yep, so much for facts.

12 hours ago, adammike said:

There was a post on Facebook that made me smile,about having now totally peed of the teenagers in the US they are not about to let him get away with it.A few million teenagers causing havoc online will be funny.

They made their mark by humiliating Trump over attendance at his failed rally and they’ve been signing up to vote at a rather encouraging rate.

1 hour ago, rabas said:

An American company would be able to remove all the sticky gooey spyware and make is safe. 

... as if China stealing trillions of dollars of intellectual property is 'fair' business. Lol.

Wrong. An American company would insert its own sticky gooey spyware and leave the safety in dreamland. You may have read reports that in Germany, government researchers have found nil in ways of spyware or other unwanted stuff in Huawei gear, but ample amounts of such in Cisco gear. Go figure... (no please, don't - the mob judge has spoken, hang the Chinese high...)

• Like 1

I have never used TikTok, but my kidsdo.

That being said, the irony of all this is that TikTok along with Facebook, Twitter are all blocked in China itself for the fear that social media from outside China just might promote some views hostile to the CCP

• Like 1