Two new Covid-19 cases in state quarantine

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Letseng said:

The risk you take may have consequences for others

Hence my comment in #22 about making adult decisions, whilst "socially distancing" to respect other people's rights.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

please someone tell me

they test you POSITIVE and are brought to a hospital

but you have no fever, are not sick .... so what exactly do they do ?

or give

as there is NO VACCINE, and pretty sure a VACCINE does not work when you already POSITIVE, right ?

You are taken to hospital to isolate for 14 days while undergoing a treatment of Avigan (favipiravir) as a precautionary measure. 

‘I’m told’ this is what happened to my Wife’s nephew after returning from the Uni in the US and testing positive for Covid-19 few days after returning (this was early on, pre-lockdown/ pre-quarantine days).

Note: This is 3rd hand information - Auntie to Wife, to me !

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Pathetic ? Really ? 99.99992% of the worlds population are NOT dead. We have grown the population by 40,000,000 more during covid, odds of dying from this virus are currently 1 in 12,000 based on population of the world. Based on 20% economic destruction , about 400,000,000 will have lost their jobs and income throughout the world. And I'm pathetic for my view  ?  You think the people entering into homelessness and starvation care about the virus more than their situation and feeding their kids ? Grow up mate, people die, some before their time, it's life. If you're - or anyone else - is worried about it, stay home. I dare say you are in a position that you do not need work anymore and can live on a nice pension - that view in my opinion is pathetic. Millions don;t have that luxury. Let the world get on with it. Mask up, get on with it. 

Your looking at the big picture and seeing lots of little problems because of it.  How do those badly effected get help if their government doesn't?  I knew straight away when the government said 'no one left behind' there would be some...turns out millions.  The rest of the community can only help so much.  It's a sad state of affairs.  

The reality of lockdowns and quarantines is that they severely reduce the viral infection rate. Without them, infections and death rates would have been far higher, resulting in overwhelmed health services and funeral services to start with. 

People have already forgotten how fast infections and deaths went up before these curbs were introduced. In countries like Italy and the UK deaths peaked at 200% above normal before falling (due to the control measures). And so far, probably 95-99% of the worlds population have not had the disease, so without any control measures, who knows how many would have died by now and the end of this year (10 million? 20 million?) Were the lockdowns an  overreaction? Probably. But most countries were woefully unprepared for dealing with the pandemic, even if they got 2-3 months warning. In the Americas and India the pandemic isn't under control, more like out of control. And the situation in Africa is still not really known - the reported figures are just the tip of the iceberg. 

I think it will be December at the earliest before the real impact of this virus will be known - the death rate will not stay at 0.008%, this is just half-time or quarter-time so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Pathetic ? Really ? 99.99992% of the worlds population are NOT dead. We have grown the population by 40,000,000 more during covid, odds of dying from this virus are currently 1 in 12,000 based on population of the world. Based on 20% economic destruction , about 400,000,000 will have lost their jobs and income throughout the world. And I'm pathetic for my view  ?  You think the people entering into homelessness and starvation care about the virus more than their situation and feeding their kids ? Grow up mate, people die, some before their time, it's life. If you're - or anyone else - is worried about it, stay home. I dare say you are in a position that you do not need work anymore and can live on a nice pension - that view in my opinion is pathetic. Millions don;t have that luxury. Let the world get on with it. Mask up, get on with it. 

Sorry, you don't understand and did not learn anything. Obviously Donald"s and BoJo's follower. 

Can't fix stupidity. ????

5 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Quarantine proving its worth..

There will always be ‘cases’ of arriving foreigners being diagnosed with Covid19 to justify the exorbitant rates in the quarantine in hotels.
There has to a level playing, we have dual pricing now dual conditions for entry into Thailand, Thais don’t need a Covid19 test before flying yet foreigners do ?

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

I thought to enter you had to be tested several times within 72 hrs before flight leaves ? So they somehow managed to contract it in that short time before getting on the plane ? Sounds bit iffy to me !

That’s do not need a Covid-19 test before flight, they only need a fit to fly certificate. 

Thus, they can travel without symptoms yet get flagged by testing while under quarantine in Thailand. 

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sorry, you don't understand and did not learn anything. Obviously Donald"s and BoJo's follower. 

He actually sounds very smart and articulate.

Seems like you are the stupid one buying the hysteria and paranoia.

Edited by Anton9
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Feel free to point out where I am wrong in my official world data figures on populations and deaths , I'm very happy to be made unstupid 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

How many of the returnees quarantined Thai got really sick or died in the past couple of months?

The Government are quick to release the info on the returnees quarantined but other than that no information on what happens after they have been ‘rushed’ to hospital.

i am no medical expert but apparently a healthy person will recover from Covid19 in a few days with no medication required. Only people who have underlying medical problems require to be hospitalised and I doubt any foreigner with underlying medical would be travelling to Thailand.

Now Thailand now need to move on and manage better how people can return with out all the restrictions resulting in damage to the economy, unemployment, poverty and failed businesses. 

Edited by Jumbo1968
Mistake
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The Government are quick to release the info on the returnees quarantined but other than that no information on what happens after they have been ‘rushed’ to hospital.

i am no medical expert but apparently a healthy person will recover from Covid19 in a few days with no medication required. Only people who have underlying medical problems require to be hospitalised and I doubt any foreigner with underlying medical would be travelling to Thailand.

Every single returnee who’s found to be Covid-19 positive in quarantine fits the governments agenda perfectly... 

“Look at us and the wonderful job we’ve done, we’re saving you all” 

But there’s no mention of the total absence of domestic testing or any perspective of how the population is more at risk of.... Dengue, Chagas, Malaria, Japanese Encephalitis... then there is the elephant in the room; road deaths, then there is child drownings, child abduction, trafficking, electrocutions.... So many many issues I mention because nothing is done about these yet a country remains locked down, killing off its economy for something not as severe. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Every single returnee who’s found to be Covid-19 positive in quarantine fits the governments agenda perfectly... 

“Look at us and the wonderful job we’ve done, we’re saving you all” 

But there’s no mention of the total absence of domestic testing or any perspective of how the population is more at risk of.... Dengue, Chagas, Malaria, Japanese Encephalitis... then there is the elephant in the room; road deaths, then there is child drownings, child abduction, trafficking, electrocutions.... So many many issues I mention because nothing is done about these yet a country remains locked down, killing off its economy for something not as severe. 

I couldn’t have put it better, saving everyone by ‘locking’ people up in a hotel for 2 week, how long can they continue doing this.

Now prove to the world that while Thailand has ‘conquered’ Covid19, (or have they ?) put in position policies which will allow the country to return to normal and open up in a organised way instead of ‘locking’ people in a hotel.

Glad to hear it's not a lot more. Really shows you how ill prepared the US is compared to Thailand. Here we have 2 reports, while the US continues to show increases in infected. Hopefully it's to the point where we no longer have to worry about covid-19 anymore.  

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Feel free to point out where I am wrong in my official world data figures on populations and deaths , I'm very happy to be made unstupid 

Provided you are able to read and - I'm not sure - to understand reports of official scientists (not politicians) you would not write such nonsense. 

11 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

You got a very special way to do your Maths.

And obviously you don't care about pandemic caused deaths unless you get it in your own family, isn't it??? 

Very pathetic! ????

Agreed ????

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

On 8/2/2020 at 1:58 PM, RichardColeman said:

About 36,000,000 die every year from starvation, I imagine that will grow with the infrastructure going due to shutdown madness - for arguments sake , call it 40 million. So basically 38,000,000 people more people will die of starvation this year more than covid allowing for 2 million deaths.

Covid will not kill half as many as it causes to suffer starvation and eventual death

If they don't had done all the things against covid19, I am sure we don't had to now only 693,392 Deaths. I'm sure the number will be in some hundred millions. But some stupid people don't understand this.
And sad to say but it looks like you are one of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1