Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Two new Covid-19 cases in state quarantine

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Letseng said:

The risk you take may have consequences for others

Hence my comment in #22 about making adult decisions, whilst "socially distancing" to respect other people's rights.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Cave dweller?

Cave joker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

please someone tell me

 

they test you POSITIVE and are brought to a hospital

 

but you have no fever, are not sick .... so what exactly do they do ?

 

or give

 

as there is NO VACCINE, and pretty sure a VACCINE does not work when you already POSITIVE, right ?

 

 

You are taken to hospital to isolate for 14 days while undergoing a treatment of Avigan (favipiravir) as a precautionary measure. 

 

‘I’m told’ this is what happened to my Wife’s nephew after returning from the Uni in the US and testing positive for Covid-19 few days after returning (this was early on, pre-lockdown/ pre-quarantine days).

Note: This is 3rd hand information - Auntie to Wife, to me !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Pathetic ? Really ? 99.99992% of the worlds population are NOT dead. We have grown the population by 40,000,000 more during covid, odds of dying from this virus are currently 1 in 12,000 based on population of the world. Based on 20% economic destruction , about 400,000,000 will have lost their jobs and income throughout the world. And I'm pathetic for my view  ?  You think the people entering into homelessness and starvation care about the virus more than their situation and feeding their kids ? Grow up mate, people die, some before their time, it's life. If you're - or anyone else - is worried about it, stay home. I dare say you are in a position that you do not need work anymore and can live on a nice pension - that view in my opinion is pathetic. Millions don;t have that luxury. Let the world get on with it. Mask up, get on with it. 

Your looking at the big picture and seeing lots of little problems because of it.  How do those badly effected get help if their government doesn't?  I knew straight away when the government said 'no one left behind' there would be some...turns out millions.  The rest of the community can only help so much.  It's a sad state of affairs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reality of lockdowns and quarantines is that they severely reduce the viral infection rate. Without them, infections and death rates would have been far higher, resulting in overwhelmed health services and funeral services to start with. 

 

People have already forgotten how fast infections and deaths went up before these curbs were introduced. In countries like Italy and the UK deaths peaked at 200% above normal before falling (due to the control measures). And so far, probably 95-99% of the worlds population have not had the disease, so without any control measures, who knows how many would have died by now and the end of this year (10 million? 20 million?) Were the lockdowns an  overreaction? Probably. But most countries were woefully unprepared for dealing with the pandemic, even if they got 2-3 months warning. In the Americas and India the pandemic isn't under control, more like out of control. And the situation in Africa is still not really known - the reported figures are just the tip of the iceberg. 

 

I think it will be December at the earliest before the real impact of this virus will be known - the death rate will not stay at 0.008%, this is just half-time or quarter-time so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Pathetic ? Really ? 99.99992% of the worlds population are NOT dead. We have grown the population by 40,000,000 more during covid, odds of dying from this virus are currently 1 in 12,000 based on population of the world. Based on 20% economic destruction , about 400,000,000 will have lost their jobs and income throughout the world. And I'm pathetic for my view  ?  You think the people entering into homelessness and starvation care about the virus more than their situation and feeding their kids ? Grow up mate, people die, some before their time, it's life. If you're - or anyone else - is worried about it, stay home. I dare say you are in a position that you do not need work anymore and can live on a nice pension - that view in my opinion is pathetic. Millions don;t have that luxury. Let the world get on with it. Mask up, get on with it. 

Sorry, you don't understand and did not learn anything. Obviously Donald"s and BoJo's follower. 

Can't fix stupidity. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought to enter you had to be tested several times within 72 hrs before flight leaves ? So they somehow managed to contract it in that short time before getting on the plane ? Sounds bit iffy to me !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Quarantine proving its worth..

There will always be ‘cases’ of arriving foreigners being diagnosed with Covid19 to justify the exorbitant rates in the quarantine in hotels.
There has to a level playing, we have dual pricing now dual conditions for entry into Thailand, Thais don’t need a Covid19 test before flying yet foreigners do ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

I thought to enter you had to be tested several times within 72 hrs before flight leaves ? So they somehow managed to contract it in that short time before getting on the plane ? Sounds bit iffy to me !

That’s do not need a Covid-19 test before flight, they only need a fit to fly certificate. 

 

Thus, they can travel without symptoms yet get flagged by testing while under quarantine in Thailand. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sorry, you don't understand and did not learn anything. Obviously Donald"s and BoJo's follower. 

Can't fix stupidity. 😕

He actually sounds very smart and articulate.

Seems like you are the stupid one buying the hysteria and paranoia.

Edited by Anton9
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How many of the returnees quarantined Thai got really sick or died in the past couple of months?

Edited by Anton9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sorry, you don't understand and did not learn anything. Obviously Donald"s and BoJo's follower. 

Can't fix stupidity. 😕

Feel free to point out where I am wrong in my official world data figures on populations and deaths , I'm very happy to be made unstupid 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

How many of the returnees quarantined Thai got really sick or died in the past couple of months?

The Government are quick to release the info on the returnees quarantined but other than that no information on what happens after they have been ‘rushed’ to hospital.

i am no medical expert but apparently a healthy person will recover from Covid19 in a few days with no medication required. Only people who have underlying medical problems require to be hospitalised and I doubt any foreigner with underlying medical would be travelling to Thailand.

Now Thailand now need to move on and manage better how people can return with out all the restrictions resulting in damage to the economy, unemployment, poverty and failed businesses. 

Edited by Jumbo1968
Mistake
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The Government are quick to release the info on the returnees quarantined but other than that no information on what happens after they have been ‘rushed’ to hospital.

i am no medical expert but apparently a healthy person will recover from Covid19 in a few days with no medication required. Only people who have underlying medical problems require to be hospitalised and I doubt any foreigner with underlying medical would be travelling to Thailand.

Every single returnee who’s found to be Covid-19 positive in quarantine fits the governments agenda perfectly... 

“Look at us and the wonderful job we’ve done, we’re saving you all” 

 

But there’s no mention of the total absence of domestic testing or any perspective of how the population is more at risk of.... Dengue, Chagas, Malaria, Japanese Encephalitis... then there is the elephant in the room; road deaths, then there is child drownings, child abduction, trafficking, electrocutions.... So many many issues I mention because nothing is done about these yet a country remains locked down, killing off its economy for something not as severe. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Every single returnee who’s found to be Covid-19 positive in quarantine fits the governments agenda perfectly... 

“Look at us and the wonderful job we’ve done, we’re saving you all” 

 

But there’s no mention of the total absence of domestic testing or any perspective of how the population is more at risk of.... Dengue, Chagas, Malaria, Japanese Encephalitis... then there is the elephant in the room; road deaths, then there is child drownings, child abduction, trafficking, electrocutions.... So many many issues I mention because nothing is done about these yet a country remains locked down, killing off its economy for something not as severe. 

 

 

 

 

I couldn’t have put it better, saving everyone by ‘locking’ people up in a hotel for 2 week, how long can they continue doing this.

Now prove to the world that while Thailand has ‘conquered’ Covid19, (or have they ?) put in position policies which will allow the country to return to normal and open up in a organised way instead of ‘locking’ people in a hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...