Jump to content
BANGKOK
charliebadenhop

Current travel restrictions INTO Thailand

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

If it's only for a 30-day visit, flying with Emirates will provide you free covid-19 coverage.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/help/covid19-cover/

Emirates will pay full coverage if you can "prove" that you got infected during the flight. It's not same as an insurance. With an incubation time of up to 14 days, it will be very hard to show proof of being infected during the flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:
4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Needed and not cheap...

If it's only for a 30-day visit, flying with Emirates will provide you free covid-19 coverage.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/help/covid19-cover/

Except Emirates are *not flying into Bangkok due to Thailands Emergency Degree which has a ban on all all Commercial Passenger Flights. 

 

The repatriation flights are organised by the Thai Embassy (in your respective country) part of the requirement is for US$100,000 Covid-19 cover to apply for the Certificate of Entry.

(cost of a 1year Health Cover for a 45yo is THB33,000).

 

 

To answer the Ops question: ONLY when Thailand releases the Emergency Decree and allows Passenger Aircraft and Tourists to enter Thailand will his daughter be able to visit him, unless she can meet the requirements for and secure a repatriation flight.

Japan has similar restrictions with many nationalities will be denied entry. 

 

I’m not sure how anyone living in Thailand, especially a foreigner, not be aware of the restrictions on entering Thailand - not to be critical, but kind of mind boggling - they say 'ignorance is bliss’ and most of the time I’d love to be blissfully unaware of the world around me !

 

 

 

*Note: Emirates may be operating ’some’ repatriation flights organised by the Thai Embassy in the respective countries (i.e. I believe there has been a repatriation flight with Emirates to Bangkok from Sydney, I’m not sure if there have been any repatriation flights from Dubai to Bangkok).

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Emirates will pay full coverage if you can "prove" that you got infected during the flight. It's not same as an insurance. With an incubation time of up to 14 days, it will be very hard to show proof of being infected during the flight.

Richard Smith's response higher made my post redundant.

Edited by Peter Denis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

How is it possible not to know about restrictions regarding inbound flights if you're staying in Thailand?

Do you never read newspapers or read news online? 

 

A few years back some friends were talking about a just announced very big corruption scandal involving many state employees.

 

One of the farang sitting in the group (he'd been in LOS for some 20+ years on a retirement visa), said 'are there still problems with corruption I thought that had been all stamped out many years ago'.

 

Some strong response from others highlighted/revealed that the 20+ years guy never ever read any newspapers, or TV news, including ThaiVisa in any language. 

 

Then there was a verbal comment about the frequent drug traffickers and sellers and the serious problems in Thai society with very large numbers of users. Again the naive character said 'I thought that was all stamped out years ago'.

 

The guy wasn't joking he really was totally uninformed/naive about current affairs etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

How is it possible not to know about restrictions regarding inbound flights if you're staying in Thailand?

Do you never read newspapers or read news online? 

 

A few years back some friends were talking about a just announced very big corruption scandal involving many state employees.

 

One of the farang sitting in the group (he'd been in LOS for some 20+ years on a retirement visa), said 'are there still problems with corruption I thought that had been all stamped out many years ago'.

 

Some strong response from others highlighted/revealed that the 20+ years guy never ever read any newspapers, or TV news, including ThaiVisa in any language. 

 

Then there was a verbal comment about the frequent drug traffickers and sellers and the serious problems in Thai society with very large numbers of users. Again the naive character said 'I thought that was all stamped out years ago'.

 

The guy wasn't joking he really was totally uninformed/naive about current affairs etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Filipinos coming for sex change operations at Pratunam are still allowed in for "medical treatment"... where there's a will, there's a way. Did you always want to have a son?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 4:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

You should be reading the news a bit more.

The only people able to enter the country now are Thais and a few others after applying for a certificate of entry at a embassy and then going into organized state quarantine for 14 days.

Hi Ubonjoe,

 

I'm catching up on the requirements to fly to Thailand as I was northern Canada with limited Internet access for 6 months so I'm reading news a bit more now 55...

 

I had a kid with my Thai gf last year and do have a registered BOI business as well.  Can you provide links on where I can get more info related to that organized state quarantine and if I fit into those categories "allowed" to come in?

 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, enkiki said:

Hi Ubonjoe,

 

I'm catching up on the requirements to fly to Thailand as I was northern Canada with limited Internet access for 6 months so I'm reading news a bit more now 55...

 

I had a kid with my Thai gf last year and do have a registered BOI business as well.  Can you provide links on where I can get more info related to that organized state quarantine and if I fit into those categories "allowed" to come in?

 

Thanks in advance

Contact the Thai Embassy in Canada and request the application forms which explain all the requirements and if you can apply. The link is advice from the U.K. Government, I imagine Canada will be similar.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/entry-requirements

Edited by Jumbo1968
Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, enkiki said:

I had a kid with my Thai gf last year and do have a registered BOI business as well.  Can you provide links on where I can get more info related to that organized state quarantine and if I fit into those categories "allowed" to come in?

There is info here on the embassy in Ottawa website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/ottawa/en/news/10535/119628-Thailand-Visa-and-Certificate-of-Entry-(COE).html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, Phillip9 said:

Considering the rapidly increasing number of cases in Japan, I would expect she will not be allowed to enter Thailand anytime soon.  Probably not until a vaccine is available and widely distributed in Thailand—maybe the middle of next year at the earliest.  But that is just my guess.

 

Agree - it will be the middle of next year earliest before borders open again. 1 more year of this to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PatrickC said:

 

Agree - it will be the middle of next year earliest before borders open again. 1 more year of this to go.

Borders might open way before that, but there will still be restrictions, especially for inbound flights from certain countries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Borders might open way before that, but there will still be restrictions, especially for inbound flights from certain countries. 

 

They might or they might not. Don't get your hopes up. Settle down for the long haul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 1:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

You should be reading the news a bit more.

The only people able to enter the country now are Thais and a few others after applying for a certificate of entry at a embassy and then going into organized state quarantine for 14 days.

Hi Ubonjoe, I would hope Non O extension of stay holders are looked at soon. Your thoughts on when ? My expiry is Jan 31, 2021.  Many of us outside probably, renters, owners, plenty of money in local banks. Surely they should look at this ? Thanks. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...