Lazada Camera Prices

TSF

I've been looking at cameras at Lazada. In particular a Fuji xf10. Most prices are around 11,500-14,000 bt, but a couple others are really high. One is 47,916 Bt. Another is 32,760 Bt and says "Import Standard". I have noticed this before in the past looking at cameras on Lazada. So how can there be such wildly different prices for the same product?

On 8/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, beachproperty said:

Seller probably thinks "there is a sucker born every minute".

Agreed!  If you look around you will find the same situation with most products on Lazada.

Edited by ThaiFelix
  • Like 2

My guess is that most, if not all, Lazada ads are automatically generated. A shop just connects its own online shop to lazada and ads are generated.

In some cases the shop doesnt have much in stock, but they relink it to another seller abroad and estimated import taxes and VAT are added automatically. The camera for 40k is not in thailand and unless someone is blind it will never come here. 

Its probably listed on a foreign website and when adding "worst case" import duties the selling price is 40k.

The reason i think this is how it works is that i can find hundreds, if not thousands of times the exact same product for every little price increment (so its automatically generated). Plus offering something for 4 times the price simply makes no sense otherwise.

Thats what sucks about lazada: millions of products listed but they are all the same. Each shop has thousands of duplicate ads but never what you want. 

• Like 2

I have bought quite a few items from Lazada and if I know what I want I always tick lowest prices first. You can find exactly the same item numerous times with an amazing range of prices, as said, buyer beware.

Just as an aside I bought four “Curren “ wristwatches for just over 100 baht total having had them before, they are very accurate but are pretty average quality and are good for a year or until the battery runs out, the same watch on eBay Australia is $79 , as said before, buyer beware.

• Like 1

If you list at a stupidly high price for a given period, then you can legitimately claim 80% off (or such like) even if you have never sold one at the original price. It has been standard in bricks and mortar retail for many years and was mostly well controlled.

Online, however, anything goes and many suppliers on platforms such as this use a scatter-gun approach with the same product at different prices and every one of them claiming to be discounted. Look at Agoda etc. in the online booking space - everything is on discount.

I would suggest that some products might be extremely good  copies made in the Far East. Actually I did buy an HXJS webcam through them last month which was clearly not an authentic product and returned it, but usually I find their sellers are OK. I bought a Logitech one from them after which is spot on. You pay peanuts and.... 

But don't buy from AliExpress. They don't seem to have much wish to control the quality of their sellers. You may get sent a cardboard box with a pinhole in it. 

I'm speaking from bitter recent experience. 

Last time I had the same experience when I like to buy cordless dril, a huge different in price until dubbel the price.

Also at first look they show all the same pictures for different machines.

So first I try through Google, and then search by the different websites, and reallly you have to be carefully to not pay to much for the same item.

11 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

I would suggest that some products might be extremely good  copies made in the Far East. Actually I did buy an HXJS webcam through them last month which was clearly not an authentic product and returned it, but usually I find their sellers are OK. I bought a Logitech one from them after which is spot on. You pay peanuts and.... 

But don't buy from AliExpress. They don't seem to have much wish to control the quality of their sellers. You may get sent a cardboard box with a pinhole in it. 

Do you know Lazada belongs to Ali?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:
15 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Yes Lazada belongs to Ali. The difference is that Aliexpress has no COD and zero customer service, while Lazada is in Thailand has an excellent customer service.

Lazada is ridden with seller selling counterfeit goods, and they are well aware of it.

I recently ordered for over 2000 Baht in batteries from different sellers. They were all counterfeit.

I got them all for free

i also found on lazada amazing prices and very suspicious price differences. so

i looked at the reviews there in thai, and traslated them on google.

seems like there are many fake goods there, and thai people compain again and again about

the fake iphone 10 or samsung A80 they got there (in china they make great copies

of latest models) , and the trader is not willing to exchange.

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

I have bought quite a few items from Lazada and if I know what I want I always tick lowest prices first.

You often get pages and pages of irrelevant accessories and unrelated items if you do that.

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

Just as an aside I bought four “Curren “ wristwatches for just over 100 baht total having had them before, they are very accurate but are pretty average quality and are good for a year or until the battery runs out, the same watch on eBay Australia is $79 , as said before, buyer beware.

If you put in new batteries, they might well still be good.

Extremes in prices are a warning sign. Low side, you get a fake or a defect--if you get anything at all. High side, you get ripped off.

The usual rules for online ordering apply to Lazada: if possible, order from vendors with decent sales volumes, good reviews, and realistic (even if discounted) prices.

You can also msg the vendor beforehand, but the too-good-to-true vendor may just lie to you. Oh, yes. However, if you're bitten, Lazada will usually make it good. 

Edited by BigStar

4 hours ago, Speedhump said:

If there's a product you want from let's say 3 sellers, you must scroll down a bit and check the warranty. For a camera or a phone it should be at least 12 months,some offers even 15 months. That's the real deal. And products through Lazmall are guaranteed ok and usually have at least 12 months warranty. If it says no warranty or 7 days, avoid that seller. 

9 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Yes and completely irrelevant. Lazada online customer care is a higher standard by far. Do they say when you return an item because it's fake or faulty that you may have to pay the postage? No, but AliExpress do. Plus Lazada live online customer liaison. Plus to my mind more interest in monitoring the performance of their sellers. No comparison.