Facelift 2020 Update Thailand Rec.

geworthomd

Where to start?  My experience was 10/10.  I searched a few doctors for a facelift in Thailand.  Two of the channels overlapped, with one of them being Lotus Medical.  I read some forums that the next time patients would just go direct to the doctor and not use an agency such as Lotus Medical.  In my experience, the prices via Lotus’ large negotiating power were superior to direct contact with the surgeon /hospital.

Lotus Medical International (LMI) was professional.  Enquiries were promptly returned.  The provided more than one surgeon for quotes.  They use the same surgeons all the time so that takes the guesswork out of trying to figure out which surgeons to avoid.  I did find that some aesthetic clinics masquerade as plastic surgeons so watch that.  LMI knows who those people are and can steer you away.  Obviously, they make a small bit of commission so it is a win win to use the surgeons they recommend.

My surgery was with Dr. Narupon at Samativej Hospital in Chinatown, Bangkok.  I stayed at the Royal Hotel across the street for about $40 USD per night.  It is a great 4 star hotel.  I’ve paid $300 elsewhere for this level of hotel.

Almost everyone spoke English.  Dr. Narupon was fully bilingual.  I had a someone lead me around from the first second I entered the hospital.  There was someone waiting for me in the lobby.  I can’t say enough about Jam, the International Councilor for Samativej.  She is gentle, knowledgable and knows how to get answers quickly.  Dr. Narupon spent almost 1 hour with me.  He’s a young guy, perhaps 40 years old.  By the time I left his office I had all of the answers I wanted.

I had an EKG, chest xray and blood labs which came to about 3500 baht and was expected.  I did not pay for a gown as someone suggested lol.

I don’t remember much about the surgery because I was sleeping but Dr. N said it lasted about 7 hours.  I had an upper face lift with a brow lift, a lower blepharoplasty, a mid face submuscular lift, a lower face lift with included tightening the sling of muscle under my neck in order to get rid of my turkey neck and provide a strong jaw line.  I paid $5500 USD.  This could be their regular price or a COVID price during lean times so that price may or may not be what you might expect.

Other than a headache, I really didn’t have any pain.  There was Ultracet available if I needed it but really, it was quite mild.  A sprained ankle would probably hurt worse.

The nursing is top notch and beyond what I have seen in the private hospitals back at home in the USA.  This is fully a private boutique hospital and not a government hospital or clinic.  The food was excellent and it came every 2 hours, much more than I could eat.  The provided a menu with many choices.  This wasn’t hospital food, nor was it airline food.  This was really high quality with lots of fresh fruit and lots of those little boxed juice drinks.

I am more than happy with LMI, the hospital, the nursing, the food, Dr. Narupon and the surgery that was performed.  BTW, the same surgery was quoted at triple with ID Hospital and Grand Hospital in Gangnam, Korea.  I learned that many Koreans come to this hospital because of the high quality so why pay more?

Next on my list is to make my nose smaller, liposuction to my fat cheeks, perhaps injecting a bit of that fat into my cheeks, lip filler and one to three treatments of a laser.  If you look at Prime Minister Putin’s plastic surgery you will see the before and after photos, which was my goal.  I think his facelift and skin peeling is about the best I have seen.

This is my review and I approve of this message :)

please explain what this has to do with anything.... you decided to have plastic surgery, did anybody forced you or were you running/hiding from somebody or something? do you feel better now? good for you

When was this?

Many members would be interested in the process you went through to get into Thailand, did you need to quarantine etc. etc.

Where are you now? If back in the US how was the process to actually get out of Thailand.

Quite a lot about this post strikes me as suspect but the clincher is:

"Other than a headache, I really didn’t have any pain.  There was Ultracet available if I needed it but really, it was quite mild.  A sprained ankle would probably hurt worse."

I have had a facelift. IV morphine or equivalent is absolutely required for at least the first 24, and usually 48, hours post op...and I have an unusually high pain threshold. Many people need strong pain killers for at least 3 days,. With them, it is manageable, but no way is the pain immediately post-op  analagous to a sprained ankle.

And the surgery described would nto have taken 7 hours.

In addition, as we all know, Samitivej Hospital is not in Chinatown or anywhere near it.  And it is not across from the Royal Hotel. There is no hospital across from the Royal Hotel.

Thread closed.

• Like 1