do you think thailand will open for westerners

nomad2019

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Find somewhere else to go, no chance of getting back in with covid-19 around. Some cool places in Europe worth exploring, but not the UK, this place is going nowhere.

Are you back from Spain already ?

How was it ?

Any luck with the Senoritors ?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I beg to differ.  No tourists, no Chinese with their endless coach trips blocking all the roads. Empty malls, beaches clear mid week, it's a great place to be right now. So OP,  absolutely skip the holiday.   

now that not everyone is hunkering down in their condo, the traffic is right up to the usual jam,

if not more so on pattaya tai. i guess i cant comment on going out drinking,

but the rest is down so i expect the gogo's too arent in party mode

• Confused 1

Prayut / govt is claiming 95% Thais don't want us dirty farangs back. Now this is not a scientifically verified Gallup poll & I only know other farangs & those in the hospitality industry but if 100% of the people I know are screaming for the return of tourism someone's got their sums wrong.

Is there some reasoning to this or are the govt so paranoid about their tiny covid rates they are prepared to screw the tourist industry?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, simon43 said:

From my 'snug nest' in north Laos, I'd be happy if I can get back for a shopping trip to Bangkok

why you keep interested in Thailand ?  I think inside you miss it and you don't wan't to say. For me if I left somewhere I make a new home in the new place, I don't wan't to keep going back to discuss  ??

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, simon43 said:

From my 'snug nest' in north Laos, I'd be happy if I can get back for a shopping trip to Bangkok by 2025...

Don't have any coundry in this planet whitch can close they borders for 4 to 5 years! Ok maybe North Korea but all know what happens there!

Just dont have enough money and they can't print that for ever!

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Sadly the tourist resorts will be ghost town in a few more months of boarded up shops, bars, hotels and restaurants. It's not economically viable to keep going with closed borders for most of them.

Yeah. Phuket, Samui and Central Pattaya first i would imagine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seagull Sam said:

Prayut / govt is claiming 95% Thais don't want us dirty farangs back. Now this is not a scientifically verified Gallup poll & I only know other farangs & those in the hospitality industry but if 100% of the people I know are screaming for the return of tourism someone's got their sums wrong.

Is there some reasoning to this or are the govt so paranoid about their tiny covid rates they are prepared to screw the tourist industry?

https://www.thephuketnews.com/keep-foreign-tourists-out-says-poll-76390.php

• Confused 1