do you think thailand will open for westerners

nomad2019

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

14 day quarantine coming back from Spain, so not bothering. I'm going to Athens around the 10th August.

People that booked their Spanish holidays for 10th July didn't know what was going to happen.

What part of non-essential travel is just too darned hard to understand?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

People that booked their Spanish holidays for 10th July didn't know what was going to happen.

What part of non-essential travel is just too darned hard to understand?

The borders are open and in Europe we can go anywhere we want that lets us in. Our freedoms are at stake, massive protest in Berlin today about the draconian powers imposed.

As much as I would hope that Tourism would restart so that not only my kids could fly here for a visit but so that I could also fly back to the US and visit and then return here without any hassles, I honestly do not believe that it will occur any time before the beginning of next year.  I would hope that by then they would have these ridiculous rules they have in place resolved.  My Oldest daughter only gets two weeks of vacation and there is no way she would come and spend her vacation in quarantine and not get to visit myself and Thailand.  Pretty ridiculous as I know that most folks in the US can not take more than two weeks of vacation at one time due to the jobs they have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I think they incl myself have left due to being fed up and simply found a better and more comfortable place to spend their money at. I go still to this web site mostly to ridicule the people  who claim how wonderfully thailand in recent years has progressed..

Come on Destiny, when the "I'm off to Vietnam" bandwagon really started rolling last year after "the income letter incident", you were singularly the most persistent member asking the casual "Vietnam is great!" poster about exactly how great it was and what visa entitlement they were on. Your research was painstaking but somehow I didn't think you were convinced?

So where's your current nirvana?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, androokery said:

Yes they will open up. More. The country is already open for a select few westerners. The problem seems to be in ramping up. 

I disagree. The pandemic hadn't even begun ramping up yet. Mexico just punted the UK into global fourth place, Spanish returnees are being quarantined, Vietnam had it's first Covid-19 death and has at least three new clusters outside Danang.

This virus doesn't care where you're from.

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:
2 hours ago, steven100 said:

why you keep interested in Thailand ?  I think inside you miss it and you don't wan't to say. For me if I left somewhere I make a new home in the new place, I don't wan't to keep going back to discuss  ??

I retain an interest in Thailand because one of my 4 kids lives there, as well as my 2 ex-wives and a business of one of these women that I built myself, (although I have no financial interest in that business).  But I can say that I am (so far), VERY happy with my move last year to live in Laos. 

That and there's absolutely no shame in NOT burning your bridges either.

6 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I think you will find that the economic collapse will be far worse than virus.

What? Only me?

No worries, I get the point. When the much maligned chief of the WHO Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is talking about decades of economic blowback...

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

I go still to this web site mostly to ridicule the people  who claim how wonderfully thailand in recent years has progressed..

Who are the people that you ridicule for saying Thailand has wonderfully progressed in recent years ?

We all seem to be in agreement that things have taken a turn for the worse recently 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sure they will, might be a while though.

I would encourage patience.

For at least two years ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

I don't think that Thailand will open up soon. Thailand is way too afraid for opening up their borders. Sure they will let more and more people in. But if the situation occurs that the Virus is coming back like in Vietnam they will get quick under lockdown again. Most Thais don't want the Virus spread like in the US. Last time one case went public the country was in panic mode. Protecting their own people is on the top of the list.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

thailand is suffering badly because no farang there , tourists in general

Thailand overall will hurt from no tourists but a good part of Thailand nothing will be be felt as much as agricultural selling prices. No effect from tourism in the local area where I live, all farming.  Roadside markets selling fruit are still busy.  Not much has changed here except for felt increase in price for pork, cooking oil and lpg gas for cooking.  No problems here as a farung, known to most folks so life just goes on. Don't see tourists here, only the crazy Bangkok plate drivers doing 150 on the country roads passing through. 

2 hours ago, bestie said:

I don't think that Thailand will open up soon. Thailand is way too afraid for opening up their borders. Sure they will let more and more people in. But if the situation occurs that the Virus is coming back like in Vietnam they will get quick under lockdown again. Most Thais don't want the Virus spread like in the US. Last time one case went public the country was in panic mode. Protecting their own people is on the top of the list.

Dream on brother DREAM ON!! ????????????????

And this is just the beginning, Just wait untill high season,! 

Screenshot_20200802-031111.thumb.png.0bae78a0f5a8a42894b9df81deaa3556.png

Edited by madmen
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Where do you live? I have never seen this in Chiang Mai, where 85% of the Chinese tourists are individual travelers, coming with friends or family, and spend a lot of money.

Don’t say things like that......,

it sounds too positive ????

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Come on Destiny, when the "I'm off to Vietnam" bandwagon really started rolling last year after "the income letter incident", you were singularly the most persistent member asking the casual "Vietnam is great!" poster about exactly how great it was and what visa entitlement they were on. Your research was painstaking but somehow I didn't think you were convinced?

So where's your current nirvana?

Dude i never needed to fore-fill any income letter hassle  as i was under 50 years of age. I am in Belgium now just waiting for the vaccine. After that will hangout southern spain Marlbella , Portugal and Maroco Tanger combi for atleast one year. This in combination with trips to Cebu and Danang Vietnam. So whats ur problem? Stuck with ur fam in ur Isarn castle ????????

10 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Who are the people that you ridicule for saying Thailand has wonderfully progressed in recent years ?

We all seem to be in agreement that things have taken a turn for the worse recently 

Well if all are agreeing to that then there is no reason to ridicule anyone. Fyi Even long before corona i didn’t like the vibe much anymore. 

No they are never going to accept westerners again. We are doomed forever, and can never visit or live in their country again.

Really? Do you hear the wrong with that message? It´s an answer to you question?