do you think thailand will open for westerners

nomad2019

32 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I am in Belgium now just waiting for the vaccine.

An example of why westerners will not be coming back here.

Belgium 70,000 cases and almost 10,000 deaths.

Sounds like a Covid cesspool.

Good luck, hope that vaccine comes soon so you can get out of there.

So happy to be here in Thailand.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, scammed said:

skip the holiday this year and save money, its not fun here now anyway so you arent missing out

it is !!!!!

i have just returned from thailand last week  !!!!!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

To be honest it's a silly question ....  of course they will open for westerners,  when is the question.

youve read the question

Edited by nomad2019

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

yep.  Frankly, this is a great place to be right now, even with all the frustrations. Life is easy, tranquil and enjoyable again.  Certainly places like the US and UK are a nightmare right now.  You would have to drag me away from Thailand in chains, I sure would not go willingly.  

i totally agree with you ????

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

An example of why westerners will not be coming back here.

Belgium 70,000 cases and almost 10,000 deaths.

Sounds like a Covid cesspool.

Good luck, hope that vaccine comes soon so you can get out of there.

So happy to be here in Thailand.

And you good luck driving ur motorbike with golfbags around in that traffic..

11 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Dude i never needed to fore-fill any income letter hassle  as i was under 50 years of age. I am in Belgium now just waiting for the vaccine. After that will hangout southern spain Marlbella , Portugal and Maroco Tanger combi for atleast one year. This in combination with trips to Cebu and Danang Vietnam. So whats ur problem? Stuck with ur fam in ur Isarn castle ????????

Oh my... I touched a nerve there didn't I? You were still commenting about being 'here' last May so glad you eventually got a repatriation flight.

I never suggested that YOU were a victim of the income letter debacle, just as a time stamp, a point of reference sort of thing, OK? That's when everyone and his dog had a boner for Vietnam. I see now that you can't qualify for retirement options and don't have enough money for the Elite visa...but Belgium?

Waiting for the vaccine...

Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Cebu, Danang...

Dream on.

Edited by NanLaew

On 8/1/2020 at 6:00 PM, Seagull Sam said:

Prayut / govt is claiming 95% Thais don't want us dirty farangs back. Now this is not a scientifically verified Gallup poll & I only know other farangs & those in the hospitality industry but if 100% of the people I know are screaming for the return of tourism someone's got their sums wrong.

Is there some reasoning to this or are the govt so paranoid about their tiny covid rates they are prepared to screw the tourist industry?

I know a lot of Thais who prefer us not to be here and have told me they like it how it is right now. Admittedly these are Thais that have plenty of money and enjoy their holiday houses and golf without the crowds.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh my... I touched a nerve there didn't I? You were still commenting about being 'here' last May so glad you eventually got a repatriation flight.

I never suggested that YOU were a victim of the income letter debacle, just as a time stamp, a point of reference sort of thing, OK? That's when everyone and his dog had a boner for Vietnam. I see now that you can't qualify for retirement options and don't have enough money for the Elite visa...but Belgium?

Waiting for the vaccine...

Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Cebu, Danang...

Dream on.

Your memory is really poor and besides that Everything that you mentioned about me was Completely incorrect. Besides that I don’t even know what ur problem is but best u seek some attitude adjustment program.

2 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

I spoke to a visa agent today who seemed to think that Thailand was clearing out people stuck in Thailand since covid ready for the next batch of tourists in October.

Really can’t see it myself.

That actually seems logical in a country doesn't do logic, maybe a coincidence.

7 hours ago, XJPSX said:

I know a lot of Thais who prefer us not to be here and have told me they like it how it is right now. Admittedly these are Thais that have plenty of money and enjoy their holiday houses and golf without the crowds.

So the 1% don't want us back? no surprises there. what about the other 99%?

On 8/1/2020 at 6:06 PM, CorpusChristie said:

Dont take it personally , Thais didnt want to open up the Country and risk a second wave of the virus.

Thais were not saying they dont like felangs , they just didn't want their Country exposed to the virus again

And they have good reason.

Mr Paynter said he heard of similar reports of visitors refusing to wear masks because they were on holiday.

He told LBC: “I’ve heard two different incidents where people have been overheard saying: ‘Well, I’m not going to wear a mask, I came down here to get away from all of that.’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-masks-cornwall-tourists-holidays-a9650596.html

On 8/1/2020 at 8:56 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

Agreed, the whole Bill Gates thing is scary that people believe it. Then you have the other brainwashed people who think that they are going to die of covid-19 if they pass within 2 metres of someone.

This whole situation has certainly brought the nutters to the fore 555.

Yep, old guy in my village North of Sydney is adamant he has proof that China has been working on one item only for at least 50 years;  'invent a deadly virus'.

And he has proof that in Jan this year several million Chinese traveled across the globe each with 10 litres of the Covid 19 virus and they spread it around at their destinations on transport, in shopping centres, pubs, restaurants etc.

And he has proof that the Chinese have been infiltrating every lab in the world which is working on a treatment or vaccine to damage/destroy the research work. 

Also he has proof that every foreigner who enters China is never seen again. 

And he has several supporters who have done letterbox drops in this area.

Our village management have told him he is barred from letterbox drops and they called the police who told him to desist or he'll be charged. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2020 at 9:07 PM, CorpusChristie said:

Who are the people that you ridicule for saying Thailand has wonderfully progressed in recent years ?

We all seem to be in agreement that things have taken a turn for the worse recently 

Reality is that the whole world has taken a turn for the worst.

It cannot be disputed that Thailand has progressed but "wonderful" would be in the eye of the beholder. Many, and in particular those that have left, seem to think they were entitled to things remaining the same.

Probably a major factor for many would be the deteriorating exchange rate, as inconvenient as it may be it should be seen as progress. Not the case for those that would prefer to benefit from the problems of others.

It is a simple fact of life that you cannot get western standards at the Thai prices of yesteryear.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yes. Be open for Xmas, with strings of course. 

But only because they can’t afford not to.

I actually think they CAN afford to.  

Whilst the GDP from tourism may be around the 20% mark a limited group of people benefit from this. The Thai authorities have realised that focusing, and incentivising, domestic tourism is reasonable compensation for the loss of international visitors.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 7:11 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Most posters here have left thailand some time ago already and why they can’t still active participate in these forums ?  The site be dead if only members are allowed who are actually living in Thailand at the moment. 

I doubt very much that "most" posters on here left Thailand ages ago.

What I find very sad (as in pathetic) is that those 'many posters' have nothing better to do than drag themselves back into something they found the need to leave. Maybe the grass isn't greener after all.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2020 at 5:39 PM, Pilotman said:

I beg to differ.  No tourists, no Chinese with their endless coach trips blocking all the roads. Empty malls, beaches clear mid week, it's a great place to be right now. So OP,  absolutely skip the holiday.   

I am no racist but I can say with absolute clarity that I have not missed the Chinese one iota. 

Driving around the Pattaya area has become a far less onerous event without those buses and the lack of Chines has just made it...... well, better - nicer.

• Like 1