do you think thailand will open for westerners

nomad2019

On 8/1/2020 at 6:09 PM, Chivas said:

Thailand has been given a golden opportunity to remove what they see as the blight of sex tourism. Frankly they're going to take it

There you go ^

*Thailand is using the Corona pandemic to keep its borders closed and rid itself of sexpats *

• Confused 1

On 8/1/2020 at 5:56 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

Agreed, the whole Bill Gates thing is scary that people believe it. Then you have the other brainwashed people who think that they are going to die of covid-19 if they pass within 2 metres of someone.

This whole situation has certainly brought the nutters to the fore 555.

How many were complaining about the vaccine against the swineflu in (I think) 2009? In many countries in Europe it was administered in clinics/hospitals for free. 

14 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

There you go ^

*Thailand is using the Corona pandemic to keep its borders closed and rid itself of sexpats *

Then why is every border to neighbouring countries closed? What's their reason? 

• Like 1

To "nomad2019"  you say you don't want to take a vaccine if Gates is behind it. You do realise  or maybe you don't that many countries around the world Russia, USA, Britain, China, Thailand  ect  are all working on a vaccine to prevent it or treatments to kill it so there will be a number of different choices of which vaccine you wish to take. Howerver if

you don't take one of them don't expect to ever fly or enter another country again and be limited of what job you can work at or places you can go in your own country.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Howerver if

you don't take one of them don't expect to ever fly or enter another country again and be limited of what job you can work at or places you can go in your own country.

Please tell me where you have seen this to be true and where the new law is written, I for one am very interested as there are a few others like yourself who are insistent that you will need a vaccination to fly or enter another country or even to travel within your own country.  I am by no means an anti vaccination person, but I sure am interested in any new rules regarding travel there may be out there.  So please send me the info on a PM, or for that fact just list it here as many others will want to see it as well.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:
2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Howerver if

Please tell me where you have seen this to be true and where the new law is written, I for one am very interested as there are a few others like yourself who are insistent that you will need a vaccination to fly or enter another country or even to travel within your own country.  I am by no means an anti vaccination person, but I sure am interested in any new rules regarding travel there may be out there.  So please send me the info on a PM, or for that fact just list it here as many others will want to see it as well.

I know that Delta are kicking passengers who refuse to mask up off their flights so with the pandemic still rampant, I see it as a logical progression. The anti-vaxers better get used to riding the Greyhound.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I know that Delta are kicking passengers who refuse to mask up off their flights so with the pandemic still rampant, I see it as a logical progression. The anti-vaxers better get used to riding the Greyhound.

Don't confuse the requirement to wear a mask with an imo never mandatory vaccination. There must be loads of people not going for the swineflu vaccination 2009. (I did and it was free). Don't forget that before no one ever heard about the Coronavirus, 300,000+ died worldwide every year from the common flu. Now no one is talking about the "common" flu anymore. 

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just looked at booking a flight to Chiang Mai, middle of the week T-F in September, promo cost below and then with there add-ons it became 3600 baht, so 1700 baht in addons that you have to pay.  So as you said you need to be aware.

Departure Flight

Departure Date: 22/09/2020 Tue 09:50
Fare: 398.00 THB
Charge: 508.00 THB
Tax: 24.71 THB
Total: 955.42 THB

Return Flight

Return Date: 25/09/2020 Fri 22:15
Fare: 398.00 THB
Charge: 508.00 THB
Tax: 24.71 THB
Total: 955.42 THB

Grand Total: 1,910.84 THB

Exactly..So you see something to "bait" you and then just end up <deleted> off at the end...bittersweet to me

I would less likely feel this way on the end fare if they just posted to FULL amount to begin with.....blah

10 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Exactly..So you see something to "bait" you and then just end up <deleted> off at the end...bittersweet to me

I would less likely feel this way on the end fare if they just posted to FULL amount to begin with.....blah

Agree completely, it is why I will still fly with Bangkok Airways.  They have promised now and then and being a priority flyer its great for me. Flying to Phuket right now. The round trip flight was a total of 5200 baht.  Plane has 12 people on board plus the crew.

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Agree completely, it is why I will still fly with Bangkok Airways.  They have promised now and then and being a priority flyer its great for me. Flying to Phuket right now. The round trip flight was a total of 5200 baht.  Plane has 12 people on board plus the crew.

Say Sawasdee to the cute stews for me Teerak TR......Im a member of the Cheap Charlies Flight Club...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mazzza33 said:

Lots of Foreigners talking=think in terms of , if ,, i could only sell my condo , my house , take my funds out of Thailand unimpeded , i pack tomorrow ? 

I don't know one person in my group of friends that is thinking that way, not a one. We are all just glad that we are here in Thailand during this worldwide madness. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Max69xl said:
16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Don't confuse the requirement to wear a mask with an imo never mandatory vaccination. There must be loads of people not going for the swineflu vaccination 2009. (I did and it was free). Don't forget that before no one ever heard about the Coronavirus, 300,000+ died worldwide every year from the common flu. Now no one is talking about the "common" flu anymore.

I have eschewed flu shots all my life with the only inoculations being the ones mandated by the international travel that my work requires. However, I think that this coronavirus is a totally different beast from the other ones mentioned. I believe that we aint seen nothing yet with Covid-19. If/when a vaccine is discovered that will greatly fast-track any nations recovery from the inevitable Covid-related economic crash, what's to stop increasingly totalitarian and oppressive right wing governments suggesting that those declining to be vaccinated may not be allowed on the train?

• Sad 1

On 8/3/2020 at 5:08 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Ask and you will recieve

How can the vaccine reach a critical mass without compulsion? Caplan suggests leaving compulsion to private entities. An employer might demand vaccination as a condition of reporting for work. A university might impose the same requirement on faculty and students. A vaccine might be dangled as a golden ticket to return to theaters, cinemas, night clubs or sports events. Governments or foundations could even pay people to receive a shot.

By this thinking, those who assert their right not to be vaccinated would be free to work from home and home-school. They would be voluntarily narrowing their own freedom of movement and assembly.

Yet societies would pay a price. The virus has divided humans in countless ways already. If many citizens opt to stay unvaccinated, the virus and the messy ethics of compelling vaccination will have helped to create another permanent division. 

Above exserp takeb from this article below:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/vaccine-confronts-humanity-with-next-moral-test/ar-BB17sMLD?li=BBnba9O

On 8/3/2020 at 5:08 PM, ThailandRyan said:

You say show you where this new  law is written, there is none since there is no vaccine as yet

Ex-WHO doctor who helped eradicate smallpox predicts COVID-19 turmoil for years

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/were-in-for-a-bad-and-rocky-ride-ex-who-doctor-who-helped-eradicate-smallpox-predicts-covid-19-turmoil-for-years/ar-BB17wGHU?li=BBnb7Kz

11 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Ask and you will recieve

How can the vaccine reach a critical mass without compulsion? Caplan suggests leaving compulsion to private entities. An employer might demand vaccination as a condition of reporting for work. A university might impose the same requirement on faculty and students. A vaccine might be dangled as a golden ticket to return to theaters, cinemas, night clubs or sports events. Governments or foundations could even pay people to receive a shot.

By this thinking, those who assert their right not to be vaccinated would be free to work from home and home-school. They would be voluntarily narrowing their own freedom of movement and assembly.

Yet societies would pay a price. The virus has divided humans in countless ways already. If many citizens opt to stay unvaccinated, the virus and the messy ethics of compelling vaccination will have helped to create another permanent division. 

Above exserp takeb from this article below:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/vaccine-confronts-humanity-with-next-moral-test/ar-BB17sMLD?li=BBnba9O

Might and may is not a "Must and Shall have". Speculation of what may occurr is only that speculation.