Thai Aiways cancels its September flights

alyx

6 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Why would anyone book a flight in advance to a country that has sealed borders?!

Euh...the ones who booked prior to all these events maybe 

I had booked in September 19 for June 20

Also the ones who are desperate to get out and back without the hassles currently imposed and will take the opportunity to do so as soon as the conditions are relaxed ????

38 minutes ago, alyx said:

Euh...the ones who booked prior to all these events maybe 

I had booked in September 19 for June 20

Also the ones who are desperate to get out and back without the hassles currently imposed and will take the opportunity to do so as soon as the conditions are relaxed ????

Some have booked after their bankruptcy which would be rather stupid.

37 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

So when Covid is under control globally, there's going to be no airlines for people to fly on, and no hotels for them to stay even if there were. ????

By boat and Airbnb 55.

2 hours ago, alyx said:

Yes I am

aware of that but it’s for repatriation to Francfort only.

on the other hands you do have flights operated by Swiss air

Actually to Copenhagen for the ones mentioned in the article. You can fly from Copenhagen to most places in Europe now.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:50 PM, tomazbodner said:

Thai Airways is bankrupt. All their flights (except those organised by Thai government) have been cancelled until October at the earliest, and even that might not happen.

Haven't you seen any news at all?

The hearing in the bankruptcy court is on August 17 (I think). And they reveiled about a week ago that they had loads of unpaid debts here and there. Debts they never mentioned earlier. If the court don't accept the suggestions for reconstruction Thai Airways has to come up with, no one knows when commercial flights will start again. They are only allowed to do repatriation flights at the moment. Selling tickets for September before even showing up in court is crazy. 

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for a refund on my cancelled flights at end of March 2020, they told me 4-6 weeks, then at week 6 told me 6-8 weeks, then at 9 weeks I see the bankruptcy was filed.

This was always smelling fishy.....I hope to never see them fly again TBH, I certainly won't fly with them again!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, david555 said:

I wonder why so many people target to Thai airways ...it is not the only airline who can bring you to your home country if wished ...more are flying ...but OUT of Bangkok only ....

Forget your vouchers from Thai .....gone ...important debt collectors shall have priority..

david555  i wasnt bashing thai airways only replying to a post that i had seen, such as thai are doing 2 repat flights in September that are available to be booked, but now they may not go ahead.

12 hours ago, Max69xl said:

The hearing in the bankruptcy court is on August 17 (I think). And they reveiled about a week ago that they had loads of unpaid debts here and there. Debts they never mentioned earlier. If the court don't accept the suggestions for reconstruction Thai Airways has to come up with, no one knows when commercial flights will start again. They are only allowed to do repatriation flights at the moment. Selling tickets for September before even showing up in court is crazy. 

They are not selling it 

They merely adjust the dates of departure to a later one, although these dates are just for reference and no flights are programmed anymore (only for record) 

This being said, if one holds a non refundable Thai Airways ticket, as this is my case, and wants to fly it will be issued on another airline ( such as Swiss Air from experience)

2 hours ago, Almer said:

david555  i wasnt bashing thai airways only replying to a post that i had seen, such as thai are doing 2 repat flights in September that are available to be booked, but now they may not go ahead.

Never meant bashing Thai air ....mixed in translation probably

Only people seems to only put hope on Thai air while others are flying out Thailand .....as Thai air is only delaying whatever they can to spray hope month by month ....they are bankrupt and shall probably highest rise up again under new legal organisation ....dumping their debt as much as possible...

4 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Funny, in Europe we have a government who will protect the customer in case of bankrupt by there national airlines, but in this country you'll get a thick middle finger.

Thai Air is no longer a national airline, the government sold out so they don't own the majority of stocks. However, Thai Air has published that they will fulfill all tickets refunds and flyer bonus. The creditors should, according to the news article I've seen, already have accepted the reconstruction plans, so the court hearing might mainly be formalities.

By the way, how many real national airlines do we have left in Europe..?

• Like 1