• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thai people are very generous with those less well off, especially those in need of 17 baht more than they are. Well done shop assistant good karma coming your way for helping the needy.

I needed to buy a 12-inch 10W fluorescent tube to replace an old one. I thought I’d take the old one with me, just to make it easier when asking. Went to HomePro. A staff member found someon

Hells teeth Bluesofa, you need to get yourself a hobby, as it appears you have have too much time on your hands.🤔 How much fuel did you waste going back? If you are that short of a few baht,

Posted Images

Research specific items needed at HomePro on the English website before you go so you can show them what you need.  Probably a loss in translation to what you need or the tube was no longer in inventory and showed you a similar specification that showed up on the website. 

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

Thai people are very generous with those less well off, especially those in need of 17 baht more than they are. Well done shop assistant good karma coming your way for helping the needy.

its the spirit of covid shut down times, i see it all the time they support the less fortunate in these times

Edited by scammed

17 baht?  Reminds me of my wife's old Vietnamese grandma. She would send a kid (my wife) to the market to buy something, get the change and palm a bill.  Claimed she was short-changed and the kid owed her.  True story.  But granny made some of the best bean sprouts in town.  She bought a bag of mung beans from a farmer client of mine and tried to beat down the price.  40+ years ago, 17 Baht was almost a US $.