Shopping rant

bluesofa

47 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Couldn't agree more. If I couldn't find the appropriate bulb, especially in HomePro or Global House, I'd be too embarrassed to ask. I can't recall ever having seen a bulb, tube package, without English writing. I'm wondering how the OP found his way to & from the shop.

My guide dog knows the way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rumak said:

As i get older,  and taking inflation into account.........  i have now raised my amount from 17 baht to

26 baht before i cause a big scene   ????????

Ah yes, but I don't get the cost of living increase.

When this sort of thing happens to me….

I usually throw sound financial management to the wind and divide the 17 (or even 20 or 25) Baht equally among all the staff. That way everyone can enjoy a generous cash bonus in recognition of a job well done. Sure, it's a shocking extravagance...but every once in a while it's good to 'live large'.

It's worth it knowing they will forever remember you as a truly jai dee farang....and you'll never have to worry about getting the wrong light bulb....ever again.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

as I was mis-sold the wrong one.

was there no english writing at all on the package indicating what kind of light it was ? can you take a pic of the light box and post it on the thread here maybe ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mr mr said:

was there no english writing at all on the package indicating what kind of light it was ? can you take a pic of the light box and post it on the thread here maybe ?

I wish I had taken a photo of it.

I was only in the house five minutes fitting the blue-tinted tube, then going back to HomePro to change it. It was exchanged for a Philips tube.

I remember on the carton it had a short name ending I think in 'Pro'? Not Go-Pro, but something along those lines.

The staff member was reading the small stuck-on Thai label on the carton, so I assume it must have been imported and not Thai made. There was was no English on it apart from the name and '10w'. I didn't notice if there was some other language - like perhaps Chinese.

I looked at the tube itself and apart from the manufacturer's name and '10w', there was nothing at all about the colour.

37 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Please tell me that someone hacked your TVF account and posted this - not you.

This is your way out of this mess. I actually like your posts, but this brings you right down there unfortunately.

You've been hacked, haven't you?  Say, yes. ???? Please say, yes.

Say it with me ........... "Yes."

yes.jpg

I'm afraid it just proves my superpowers do occasionally fail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

I would have tendered another 25 baht (added to the 17 baht = 42 baht), and taken 2 tubes home, leaving one as a spare. Hardly going to take up any valuable storage space, and saves any hassle next time !

Good suggestion. Looks like I missed the bleedin' obvious this time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

When they got home, bluesofa just wouldn't shut the flock up about it.

he just couldnt let it go, living in grief and resentment til the end of his days

haunted by the memories of that cashiers obstruction of justice

Edited by scammed
  • Haha 1

After 10 years here I've yet to pick up coins given as change. Apart from the two tone one (10 baht) I cant even recognise the denominations of the coins without examination. Never having to carry coins around is, to me, one of the advantages of life in this country. Knowing that those few shekels are meaningful for a waitress or shop assistant is rewarding for me.

I would never demean myself to the point of arguing for 17 baht.

(disclaimer: the wife will purloin said coins if spotted)

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

After 10 years here I've yet to pick up coins given as change. Apart from the two tone one (10 baht) I cant even recognise the denominations of the coins without examination. Never having to carry coins around is, to me, one of the advantages of life in this country. Knowing that those few shekels are meaningful for a waitress or shop assistant is rewarding for me.

(disclaimer: the wife will purloin said coins if spotted)

i would based on principal, but bluesofa wasnt aware the shop also has regulations,

a principal they wont override. the bystander find it too awkward to be part of

and found it easier to pay out of her pocket to end the embarrassment.

if no  one stand up for principal, the jet ski scams would be higher,

and con artists would be all over the place,

they would never meet resistance if everyone was pacifist like yourself

Edited by scammed

1 minute ago, scammed said:
4 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

i would based on principal, but bluesofa wasnt aware the shop also has regulations,

a principal they wont override

My principals obviously vary from yours.