BANGKOK
bluesofa

Shopping rant

hahaha all that over 17b.

Thats lower than cheap charlie level.. fitting for someone from the UK or USA.

47 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Couldn't agree more. If I couldn't find the appropriate bulb, especially in HomePro or Global House, I'd be too embarrassed to ask. I can't recall ever having seen a bulb, tube package, without English writing. I'm wondering how the OP found his way to & from the shop.

My guide dog knows the way.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GBW said:

and 3 Homepro apprentices to hold the ladder....................🤣

I wouldn't trust them to do that

13 minutes ago, mr mr said:

that's chump change to all the thai visa millionaires. 

or at least it is to their agents....

2 hours ago, rumak said:

As i get older,  and taking inflation into account.........  i have now raised my amount from 17 baht to

26 baht before i cause a big scene   😚😚

Ah yes, but I don't get the cost of living increase.

Posted (edited)

When this sort of thing happens to me….

I usually throw sound financial management to the wind and divide the 17 (or even 20 or 25) Baht equally among all the staff. That way everyone can enjoy a generous cash bonus in recognition of a job well done. Sure, it's a shocking extravagance...but every once in a while it's good to 'live large'.

It's worth it knowing they will forever remember you as a truly jai dee farang....and you'll never have to worry about getting the wrong light bulb....ever again.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

as I was mis-sold the wrong one.

was there no english writing at all on the package indicating what kind of light it was ? can you take a pic of the light box and post it on the thread here maybe ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mr mr said:

dude you expect homepro to train and educate 437,000 employees at every store ? 

I doubt each store has that many employee's.

1 minute ago, mr mr said:

was there no english writing at all on the package indicating what kind of light it was ? can you take a pic of the light box and post it on the thread here maybe ?

I wish I had taken a photo of it.

I was only in the house five minutes fitting the blue-tinted tube, then going back to HomePro to change it. It was exchanged for a Philips tube.

I remember on the carton it had a short name ending I think in 'Pro'? Not Go-Pro, but something along those lines.

The staff member was reading the small stuck-on Thai label on the carton, so I assume it must have been imported and not Thai made. There was was no English on it apart from the name and '10w'. I didn't notice if there was some other language - like perhaps Chinese.

I looked at the tube itself and apart from the manufacturer's name and '10w', there was nothing at all about the colour.