BANGKOK
bluesofa

Shopping rant

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I've a new descent job. I'm a lift operator.

steven is that you ? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, colinneil said:
31 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm afraid it just proves my superpowers do occasionally fail.

Super powers my a++e, you were just being a cheap skate.

But only if the price is right:

arquazuarma: cheap skate

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

17 THB rant, pff

What should we call it?

Edited by FritsSikkink

2 hours ago, tonray said:

I don't think it was being stingy...it was being pigheaded stubborn....leave that attitude back in your home country....those behaviors are what get foreigners labeled as difficult to deal with. Go with the flow....your life will be easier and less stressful

You are right.  The further away i live from farangs the nicer the locals are to me   55

BUT ........ to be fair I have gone through the different phases of "annoyance"  that shopping for 

something can bring out .  Yes,  often the salespeople ignore us.   Sometimes they converge on us

like chinese at a lunch buffet.   Rarely do they know the products or prices.   Hey, but often they are

cute   🙂  .  

Old age is a funny thing.  Sometimes one gets annoyed/ stressed so easily.   Sometimes we keep our

cool and manage to incorporate the mai pen rai  attitude.   Sometimes it depends which side of the bed I wake up on..... and how stiff (not that stiff, before the sexperts comment)  I am.

Kudos to bluesofa ..bs for short... to be able to handle the tomatoes being thrown at him with

a bit of humor.   We all can learn from that  .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really? You make a person give you 17 baht out of his own pocket. How low can you go?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

You are right.  The further away i live from farangs the nicer the locals are to me   55

BUT ........ to be fair I have gone through the different phases of "annoyance"  that shopping for 

something can bring out .  Yes,  often the salespeople ignore us.   Sometimes they converge on us

like chinese at a lunch buffet.   Rarely do they know the products or prices.   Hey, but often they are

cute   🙂  .  

Old age is a funny thing.  Sometimes one gets annoyed/ stressed so easily.   Sometimes we keep our

cool and manage to incorporate the mai pen rai  attitude.   Sometimes it depends which side of the bed I wake up on..... and how stiff (not that stiff, before the sexperts comment)  I am.

Kudos to bluesofa ..bs for short... to be able to handle the tomatoes being thrown at him with

a bit of humor.   We all can learn from that  .....

'Kudos to bluesofa ..bs for short'

Thanks, but is that a backhanded compliment i see before me, rotten tomatoes excepted (as opposed to accepted)?

You made a fuss over 17 baht. Some people are unbelievable.

21 minutes ago, tifino said:

17 baht would have an effect on me!!

- I only ever have 30baht wallowing in my pockets...

As pedant, tell me more about how 30 Baht 'wallows' in your pockets.

How many years has this been going on, and more importantly is it the exact same 30 Baht?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If they had shirts, you could test the iron board too.

What a good idea. Mind you, the irony board is often closer to the mark.

2 hours ago, GBW said:

How many Bluesofa's does it take to change a light bulb..............................    🤣

Give up , how many.

Id be damned embarrassed to put a story like this up. Generally the sales people are living hand to mouth.no money ...17 baht?  tip...   Christ no wonder farangs get bad reviews,its pathetic