SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?  

371 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, uli65 said:

this government regime is a complete failure, the result of all the nonsense they have done will come out in a couple of months.

LOL

You are suffering due to the success of Thailand.

Where are you from? (Just so you might be able to teach TH)

56 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes I have read this....also one must be careful when entering a supermarket... DON'T let them take your Temperature on your forehead--- because it just erases your memory....I went for a bottle of milk and a loaf of bread yesterday and came home with a case of beer and a bottle of wine.

Also they are getting private information from you brain

image.png.4a75f8fcfa49d43ea6b51d30801d1f17.png

My experience was that staff tried multiple times, but it just kept coming back as "no brain found". They let me in in the end.

Just now, mokwit said:

My experience was that staff tried multiple times, but it just kept coming back as "no brain found". They let me in in the end.

Oh really? Where did it happen? In the US?

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

One more who watched too many conspiracy theories.

It will change our DNA. Wow! That's where I stopped reading.

Why do so many people think that mainstream media reports incorrect and some nutters who spread conspiracy theories are right?

Maybe next thing we read is that the Amis brought the virus from the moon. But then they were never up there so that can't be true. Or maybe one of those flat-earthers got the virus from the edge of the flat earth. Maybe! I am sure the mainstream media would not tell us such horrific details.

kHGBAaGn2sbVhGnSuFNpQa-1200-80.jpg

Excellent photography from Stanley Kubrick..

1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

Really????? 1 life? To destroy a country and devastate its people, cause misery and death toll from poverty, depression. Businesses and jobs lost? For one life????? It is your type of mentality that causes problems of the magnitude we have had and still have. You love being controlled as you would not know how to tie your laces otherwise. 

Now where is this country that has been destroyed?

Sorry, I am not updated about these destroyed countries (except Libya, Syria...)

1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

Really????? 1 life? To destroy a country and devastate its people, cause misery and death toll from poverty, depression. Businesses and jobs lost? For one life????? It is your type of mentality that causes problems of the magnitude we have had and still have. You love being controlled as you would not know how to tie your laces otherwise. 

LOL...

Sorry, what are you referring about?

A destroyed country and devastated people? Libya? Syria?

This is serious business.

7 minutes ago, ravip said:

Now where is this country that has been destroyed?

Sorry, I am not updated about these destroyed countries (except Libya, Syria...)

Perhaps you need to get out/out of the village more - you're looking for things like closed businesses (economic devastation is not accompanied by the same visual signs as where high explosives have been used).

Just now, mokwit said:

Perhaps you need to get out/out of the village more - you're looking for things like closed businesses (economic devastation is not accompanied by the same visual signs as where high explosives have been used).

"closed businesses"

This happened ONLY in Thailand?

The planet is now recovering... slowly, but surely.

BUT, if you wanna bash TH, let's close our eyes and go L for leather on that!

LOL

Just now, ravip said:

"closed businesses"

This happened ONLY in Thailand?

The planet is now recovering... slowly, but surely.

BUT, if you wanna bash TH, let's close our eyes and go L for leather on that!

LOL

Sorry I don't really see what point you are trying to make

Just now, mokwit said:

Sorry I don't really see what point you are trying to make

Due to the pandemic, many businesses on this planet had to close.

But, now as the health authorities have recognised the virus, the world is slowly coming back to normal.

This happened NOT ONLY in Thailand, I guess... NO, dooms day has NOT arrived, yet!

LOL

Edited by ravip

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Although if you do have the virus , it can take up to three weeks for your body to show any symptoms.

So, you may test negative at the airport , even though you do have the virus and three weeks later come down with the virus , that would mean all tourists having to spend 3 weeks in quarantine .

Just was news in Finland whitch interview 5 people who have had covid. One guy tested negative and he feel sick many month! After 104 days from first test he get positive test result! All 5 say also "it's more bad feeling after tested clean from covid than actualy covid sickness"! One was athletic and run almost 10 kilometer every day! Now he can't even walk to local shop (1 kilometer) that don't need sit down! Nobody don't even know yet what kind of sequela covid leave's to people who get it!

Edited by 2 is 1

They've done a great job stopping the spread. 

Masks. 

Lockdown. 

Alcohol ban. 

Cerfew. 

Contact tracing. 

I don't know anyone here that has died from covid, but I know some people in the UK, and read about a lot, every day, in a country that's supposed to be more advanced. 

I think that totalitarian governments have an advantage, because they can exercise more control over its citizens, 

Where as in the UK, the kids are acting like there is no pandemic, and the authorities have to suck it up. 

• Like 2

Thailand done really good job about covid! One reason many western coundry can't do as good job is coz constitution law's! Can't so easy lock down, deny to sell alcohol,  cerfew etc. If put cerfew in Finland you have to declare state of war! When they lock down our capitol are in Finland , they need make the new law to do so! And that take time (too much time). And wearing mask in Finland, people just don't want do that. My son wearing when go puplic place (Filipina) mother. But my mom not even she is 79 years old who have diebetes and emphysema! 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I went for option 3 (which doesn't exactly fit my views) although in retrospect option 2 may have been more appropriate.

When the threat originally hove into view, then the initial reaction: lockdown, suspend travel and close/suspend many, many businesses was probably the right thing to do. That should allow for detailed planning, analysis of all available data and the production and implementation of a strategy to contain the virus (you simply can't eliminate it - that's natures' job) in order to allow the resumption of normal life, and especially commercial activity, as rapidly as possible. 

Instead the initial (justifiable) draconian restrictions were kept in place for far too long, to the point where many became very obviously unnecessary, and huge damage was done to peoples' lives. I see three reasons for this: first the natural authoritarianism of the regime, which means that it sees nothing wrong, and is quite comfortable with imposing and maintaining these measures, almost as a means to themselves (hence maybe the enthusiasm for "the New Normal"); second the natural stasis which results from the wish to raise committees and avoid decisions which once made would make those committees superfluous; third the determination of those in power, to all have their turn at demonstrating their importance and power - just look at the queue of officials to "get on the telly and lay down the law"!

In addition (and I don't think this was a result of a conspiracy) I suspect a number of those with "deep pockets" saw and seized an economic opportunity, destroying competition, picking up property, business and assets at "fire sale prices", and moving in on economic activities which they previously had played no part in. With deep pockets goes great influence - particularly with this government - and that may have played a part in prolonging the restrictions.

The damage to the nations (or more pertinently the "little peoples") economy and finances was compounded by the inchoate and hopelessly inadequate relief provision, which reached only a small proportion of those in need.

So in summary, yes at first a good reaction, which rapidly became diverted and /or hijacked to serve other purposes. In my opinion, I'm sure that many will disagree.

Good summary, but memory is short - Thailand didn't start closing up until end of March. Excess death data shows anomalies from November to February. They dragged their feet to try to keep the tourism cash cow alive as long as they could. By that time it seems the worst was already over in here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-52103747

_111648244_asia_countries_lockdown_cv_7_

Edited by DrTuner

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Good summary, but memory is short - Thailand didn't start closing up until end of March. Excess death data shows anomalies from November to February. They dragged their feet to try to keep the tourism cash cow alive as long as they could. By that time it seems the worst was already over in here.

The Worst was over BECAUSE they went into lock-down

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The Worst was over BECAUSE they went into lock-down

First official case was 15th January. Lockdowns didn't start until end of March. By that time the D614 variant has already spread.

I've been tracking the epidemic since the very beginning. Now I've changed my mind about how it should be handled. Pueyo was right.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-learning-how-to-dance-b8420170203e

Edited by DrTuner

6 hours ago, ravip said:

Thailand sure did an excellent job!

Thanks a trillion, for the lives saved.

What about all the deaths Thailand is responsible on their roads, thousands more than they have saved in this "pandemic".

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The problem is people are so tunnel visioned. Any assessment of success must also take account of effect on economy, job losses, deaths caused by restrictions

disagree. many countries have seen negative economic effects and job losses. as another poster mentioned, we are only half way or less through this. With no tourists, Thailand will continue to suffer

Edited by Skallywag

30 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What about all the deaths Thailand is responsible on their roads, thousands more than they have saved in this "pandemic".

Compare with the deaths of the USA, UK ET AL

• Confused 4