SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?  

371 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As most of our members know, Thailand has been ranked number 1 in dealing with the pandemic.   In your opinion, which of the following best describes your viewpoint on how Thailand has handled the pandemic.

Please feel free to leave a comment.

For further reading:

• Haha 1

Unable to vote, not my reaction.

We have all seemed to form some deep impressions of this pandemic, cause, effect, and the reaction.

A very serious issue indeed as have been many previous pandemics.

Let us hope for its end and a return to normality.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There are many ways International tourists can be allowed into Thailand, in a very safe manner without the overzealous protectionism that's currently in place. This kind of thing really needs to be thought through as there are billions of dollars at stake and millions of jobs on the line

Could you explain a few of the ways in which tourists could safely be allowed into Thailand ?

Bearing in mind we would be talking about 50-100 000 tourists per day , who would be coming to Thailand for 2,3, 4 weeks at a time 

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think that is an important comment.

The situation in Thailand is like it is because the government acted fast AND because the majority of people took this serious from the very beginning.

At least where I live and work few people refused masks. And people accepted social distancing.

And I am also sure the vast majority of Thais will accept to get vaccinated - whenever that will be an option.

And about the economy: Obviously it's bad and likely it will get worse. But what is the alternative? Opening up the country to tourists and then getting infections and then shutting everything down again? That sounds like a very bad idea to me. And we can see in a couple of countries what happened when they opened too early too much.

My personal position: It's bad as it is. Don't make it worse by opening Thailand - and the unavoidable consequences. 

Also, had the whole World acted like Thailand did, the pandemic would be over by now and the World would be Corvid free and we would all be back to normal .

Seven months into this pandemic and Western Countries still cannot decide whether wearing masks and social distancing is necessary or not .

I see in Germany today  there is a demonstration about the right NOT to have to wear a mask!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally i think ALL countries have done a terrible job , destroying 20-30% of ALL the worlds economies for the 0.00008% of the world's population that have died, 

Well , that is 700 000 People who have died and the number is still growing .

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think that is an important comment.

The situation in Thailand is like it is because the government acted fast AND because the majority of people took this serious from the very beginning.

At least where I live and work few people refused masks. And people accepted social distancing.

And I am also sure the vast majority of Thais will accept to get vaccinated - whenever that will be an option.

And about the economy: Obviously it's bad and likely it will get worse. But what is the alternative? Opening up the country to tourists and then getting infections and then shutting everything down again? That sounds like a very bad idea to me. And we can see in a couple of countries what happened when they opened too early too much.

My personal position: It's bad as it is. Don't make it worse by opening Thailand - and the unavoidable consequences. 

One more who knows none of the facts, has read and watched only mainstream news and is happy to see the country in the toilet with more of his rights removed. Have you read anything about the virus or the so called vaccine? The virus is a Coronavirus of which there are many strains and it is continually changing. COVID 19 is just one strain. It has already mutated into many more. The so called vaccine is not a cure for all strains. The vaccine proposed is very different from previous vaccines (of which there is no conclusive evidence of their efficacy) the new vaccine will enter and change your DNA. I don't know about how much you trust lying Big Pharma and governments but I certainly do not trust them with my DNA. Look what happened to the Thalidomide children of the sixties? Mothers were promised a pain free birth and the result we know. You go and trust the vaccine if you want but do not inflict it mandatorily on everyone. Protect yourself if you think that is what you are doing. I have been diagnosed with Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma from which I would get repedative bouts of chest infections until the anti-biotics no longer worked. I would rather be in a room with 1000 COVID cases than take the vaccine. I have no symptoms of the above and have amazed Doctors here in Thailand who were in disbelief with my recovery. All due to my own research, diagnosis and treatment. If anyone suffering is interested in how I did it they can PM me. I am not a doctor and you must make your own assessment and take advice as you see fit.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

One more who knows none of the facts, has read and watched only mainstream news and is happy to see the country in the toilet with more of his rights removed. Have you read anything about the virus or the so called vaccine? The virus is a Coronavirus of which there are many strains and it is continually changing. COVID 19 is just one strain. It has already mutated into many more. The so called vaccine is not a cure for all strains. The vaccine proposed is very different from previous vaccines (of which there is no conclusive evidence of their efficacy) the new vaccine will enter and change your DNA. I don't know about how much you trust lying Big Pharma and governments but I certainly do not trust them with my DNA. Look what happened to the Thalidomide children of the sixties? Mothers were promised a pain free birth and the result we know. You go and trust the vaccine if you want but do not inflict it mandatorily on everyone. Protect yourself if you think that is what you are doing. I have been diagnosed with Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma from which I would get repedative bouts of chest infections until the anti-biotics no longer worked. I would rather be in a room with 1000 COVID cases than take the vaccine. I have no symptoms of the above and have amazed Doctors here in Thailand who were in disbelief with my recovery. All due to my own research, diagnosis and treatment. If anyone suffering is interested in how I did it they can PM me. I am not a doctor and you must make your own assessment and take advice as you see fit.  

Look please take off your tinfoil hat. A vaccin does not change your DNA.

Mark Lynas, a visiting fellow at Cornell University’s Alliance for Science group, debunked the idea that a DNA vaccine could genetically modify an organism. Lynas told Reuters that no vaccine can genetically modify human DNA.

“That’s just a myth, one often spread intentionally by anti-vaccination activists to deliberately generate confusion and mistrust,” he said. “Genetic modification would involve the deliberate insertion of foreign DNA into the nucleus of a human cell, and vaccines simply don’t do that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-covid-19-vaccine-modify/false-claim-a-covid-19-vaccine-will-genetically-modify-humans-idUSKBN22U2BZ

Thankfully this survey shows that most people really understand the dangers of covid and the tinfoil hat people are a small but vocal minority

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. All the authorities have to do is to use a quick testing kit, like the Chula Covid 19 strip test, or a rapid antigen testing kit. Tourists get tested at the airport, at their expense. They could create more stringent testing or regulations for those coming from Zombie nations, such as the US and Brazil. 

Doing nothing at this point means financial devastation for millions. And what is the hapless army doing to offset that financial ruin? 

Although if you do have the virus , it can take up to three weeks for your body to show any symptoms.

So, you may test negative at the airport , even though you do have the virus and three weeks later come down with the virus , that would mean all tourists having to spend 3 weeks in quarantine .

28 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

destroy a country and devastate its people

I don't think devastated is the correct word, yes hardships and struggle are definitely at play, however I consider the measures taken to control COVID19 and it's transmission were effective within Thailand.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Well , that is 700 000 People who have died and the number is still growing .

About 360,0000 are born everyday, 150,000 people die every day, the virus is not killing 210,000 ever day, but about 4-7,000 only. QED, the virus death rate of 0.00008% of world population will continue to get smaller even if virus kills a lot more every day

• Like 2