BANGKOK
Scott

SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?

SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?  

371 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They should send Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul to the UK

and he can tell them the secret of Thailand's success in controlling

the Covid 19 virus,just leave him there among all the dirty farangs.

regards Worgeordie

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Thailand began testing all people who entered from China from the middle of January 

And even once the US imposed its ban on travel from China is early February, it continued to allow Americans and Chinese with green cards to freely travel back and forth, with no testing! Who knows how many deaths can be attributed to that one brain dead policy alone. 

• Like 1

The choices on these polls really need to improve. At this moment, I can't pick a single one because they are "loaded" with the creator's opinion. I can't pick the first one, because I do believe they have done some things wrong. I can't pick the second one, even though I do think they have performed good in general, because I don't think "overreactions" are the issue.

16 hours ago, Nemises said:

travelling around Thailand enjoying the company of beautiful (non flesh industry working) women of many provinces: 

A bit off topic here - LOL

So you enjoy their "company" and "beauty" but it does not involve pleasures of the flesh?  

You are a spiritual guru that connects without intimacy or touch? 

Or are you finding Thai women who enjoy frequent sexual experiences during your travels? 

Carry on   LOL 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You are a spiritual guru that connects without intimacy or touch? 

LOL

Sure. Whatever you say :clap2: 

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Well , those hand held Corona detector  testing guns

Oh yeah, those, coupled with a GT200 they are invincible. 110% accuracy, instant detection, jing jing naaaa.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Good points. And the part about Thai people not wanting foreigners is total BS. A fake army survey, no doubt. They want us, and need us.

The economy here is on its knees. Millions are out of work. The restrictions on travel are based on extreme paranoia. 

Millions out of work ?

Nonsense.................. evidence to back up your statement ?

Exclude the black economy please. Life is largely back to normal in the Boonies most people (apart from bar workers and some dependent on international tourism), the Thais have been out spending money on domestic tourism and shops are as busy as before Coronavirus. 

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What about all the deaths Thailand is responsible on their roads, thousands more than they have saved in this "pandemic".

What  about staying on topic ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Oh yeah, those, coupled with a GT200 they are invincible. 110% accuracy, instant detection, jing jing naaaa.

I was replying to a person who claimed that Thailand did nothing until March , I just pointed out that all arrivals from China  were being heat tested in January 

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Millions out of work ?

Nonsense.................. evidence to back up your statement ?

Exclude the black economy please. Life is largely back to normal in the Boonies most people (apart from bar workers and some dependent on international tourism), the Thais have been out spending money on domestic tourism and shops are as busy as before Coronavirus. 

I don't really agree 100% a lot of bigger companies not tourism related are suffering too. Quite a few in the garment industry and others have cut people. Exports are suffering too. So it might look like its all ok on the surface but its not. 

Im not going to quantify this as I have no clue. But its not just the tourism industries. I held similar views to you until i started talking with some expats who work in bigger companies. They are all having a tough time and are either laying of people or having a hire stop meaning if someone stops there wont be a new employee hired. (that is what they do at my GF her company)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

What  about staying on topic ?

I think the point about Thailands road fatalities and the virus has got to keep getting made, and so do many other Thaivisa members according to the amount of posts about it, it is not completely off topic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I think the point about Thailands road fatalities and the virus has got to keep getting made, and so do many other Thaivisa members according to the amount of posts about it, it is not completely off topic.

Its completely of topic as the topic is about the response on the virus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I was replying to a person who claimed that Thailand did nothing until March , I just pointed out that all arrivals from China  were being heat tested in January 

It's called screening, not testing. The backlog from the PUI (Person Under Investigation) waiting for tests grew almost at the same pace as the the queue itself until MoPH deleted, including old reports, the number of people in the queue from their reports, to hide the very low testing capacity. From the occasional news here, it took until May before MoPH got any sort of decent testing capacity running. Right now seems to be somewhere around 6-8k/day using pool sampling, unless their LAMP test can be produced in mass.

Edited by DrTuner