SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?  

371 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's way too difficult to tell, and definitely way too early to tell. 

It's simply too complex of an issue. We have yet to see the damage / lives lost from the economy / unemployment / homelessness / mental health issues etc. And we have yet to see what the actual death rate / damage of the virus was. I think it could be extremely overstated, but I really don't know, anyone who does think they know I think is overconfident. We have massive mislabeling of covid-deaths, we don't know if we can trust the tests. We don't know jack bro.

Edited by hobz
  • Like 1

Best approach ever... Don't test. Thailand either has some very forward thinking people or the fact that they were not able to do a mass testing program is what has Thailand looking the best by the numbers (statistics). 

One protocol that underpins all other responses to this... don't test. If you don't test there is no emergency for the non-emergency. In other words don't create an emergency when there is none. And for those of you that think there is a legitimate emergency going on.... do this for me, go to ANY emergency room or ICU ANYWHERE in the world and tell me... is there an emergency there? I'll give you the answer, as I happen to know. No, there is no emergency there. 

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Thailand has had no new Corona cases reported for 50 or so days now , reason being that Thailand took steps early to stop the spread , borders were closed , intercity public transport was stopped , most things got closed own , curfews were imposed  , everyone wore masks , social distanced , hands sanitised many times per day

Got rid of the virus .

IF every other Country would have taken the same measures , the World would be Corona free by now .

Other Countries did not take the same measures and so the virus has spread .

Had every other Countries taken the same measures as Thailand did , the World would be Corona virus free by now 

Yes if everyone had taken the same measure, I.e, don’t test, they would also be Corona “free”. 

Saying it twice doesn’t make it any more believable. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I agree with the success that the authorities have had in tackling the pandemic, no question they've done a lot of things right, however at this point in time with Covid virtually gone from the country they need to provide the general public and the masses with more assistance. The people need to get back on their feet, the authorities need to show more generosity and more sympathy in regard to the millions and millions of people who are currently out of work, and they need to come up with an intelligent strategy pertaining to International tourism.

There are many ways International tourists can be allowed into Thailand, in a very safe manner without the overzealous protectionism that's currently in place. This kind of thing really needs to be thought through as there are billions of dollars at stake and millions of jobs on the line. 

Easy for wealthy authorities to be overly careful. But, people need to live.

I have a suggestion. Every officer in the army, and every member of the administration forego your salaries and donate them to the public assistance fund, until the economy returns to normal. You proclaim to love your nation and it's people. Do not say it. That is meaningless. Show it! 

It wasn't salaries that made authorities wealthy. Foregoing them would do nothing to help the poor masses. It would be justly seen as a cynical act of symbolism. Use some of those current accounts that are keeping the baht artificially high to bring in proper social programs such as unemployment insurance and a decent retirement benefit. Open free meal kitchens buying food from local farmers. Unemployed cooks and service staff could be put on the gov payroll.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

One more who watched too many conspiracy theories.

It will change our DNA. Wow! That's where I stopped reading.

Why do so many people think that mainstream media reports incorrect and some nutters who spread conspiracy theories are right?

Maybe next thing we read is that the Amis brought the virus from the moon. But then they were never up there so that can't be true. Or maybe one of those flat-earthers got the virus from the edge of the flat earth. Maybe! I am sure the mainstream media would not tell us such horrific details.

kHGBAaGn2sbVhGnSuFNpQa-1200-80.jpg

Change your D.N.A. LMFAO.

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

No it wouldn't, unless everyone commits hari-kari. Viruses don't work that way or we'd be over the flu by now. The cat is out of the wuhan bag. Also, cast your mind back to when Thailand did nothing while thousands upon thousands of Chinese piled in. They have not done everything right, barring brainwashing easy minds.

Thailand began testing all people who entered from China from the middle of January 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

No it wouldn't, unless everyone commits hari-kari. Viruses don't work that way or we'd be over the flu by now. The cat is out of the wuhan bag. Also, cast your mind back to when Thailand did nothing while thousands upon thousands of Chinese piled in. They have not done everything right, barring brainwashing easy minds.

OK, you are suggesting that I have been brainwashed by the Thai authorities because I stated Thailand is Corona free .

I am willing to listen and learn .

What evidence can you provide to show that Thailand isnt actually Corona free ?

Tell me  what you are basing your beliefs on 

• Like 1

They should send Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul to the UK

and he can tell them the secret of Thailand's success in controlling

the Covid 19 virus,just leave him there among all the dirty farangs.

regards Worgeordie

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Thailand began testing all people who entered from China from the middle of January 

And even once the US imposed its ban on travel from China is early February, it continued to allow Americans and Chinese with green cards to freely travel back and forth, with no testing! Who knows how many deaths can be attributed to that one brain dead policy alone. 

• Like 1

The choices on these polls really need to improve. At this moment, I can't pick a single one because they are "loaded" with the creator's opinion. I can't pick the first one, because I do believe they have done some things wrong. I can't pick the second one, even though I do think they have performed good in general, because I don't think "overreactions" are the issue.

16 hours ago, Nemises said:

travelling around Thailand enjoying the company of beautiful (non flesh industry working) women of many provinces: 

A bit off topic here - LOL

So you enjoy their "company" and "beauty" but it does not involve pleasures of the flesh?  

You are a spiritual guru that connects without intimacy or touch? 

Or are you finding Thai women who enjoy frequent sexual experiences during your travels? 

Carry on   LOL 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Good points. And the part about Thai people not wanting foreigners is total BS. A fake army survey, no doubt. They want us, and need us.

The economy here is on its knees. Millions are out of work. The restrictions on travel are based on extreme paranoia. 

Millions out of work ?

Nonsense.................. evidence to back up your statement ?

Exclude the black economy please. Life is largely back to normal in the Boonies most people (apart from bar workers and some dependent on international tourism), the Thais have been out spending money on domestic tourism and shops are as busy as before Coronavirus. 

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Oh yeah, those, coupled with a GT200 they are invincible. 110% accuracy, instant detection, jing jing naaaa.

I was replying to a person who claimed that Thailand did nothing until March , I just pointed out that all arrivals from China  were being heat tested in January 

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Millions out of work ?

Nonsense.................. evidence to back up your statement ?

Exclude the black economy please. Life is largely back to normal in the Boonies most people (apart from bar workers and some dependent on international tourism), the Thais have been out spending money on domestic tourism and shops are as busy as before Coronavirus. 

I don't really agree 100% a lot of bigger companies not tourism related are suffering too. Quite a few in the garment industry and others have cut people. Exports are suffering too. So it might look like its all ok on the surface but its not. 

Im not going to quantify this as I have no clue. But its not just the tourism industries. I held similar views to you until i started talking with some expats who work in bigger companies. They are all having a tough time and are either laying of people or having a hire stop meaning if someone stops there wont be a new employee hired. (that is what they do at my GF her company)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

What  about staying on topic ?

I think the point about Thailands road fatalities and the virus has got to keep getting made, and so do many other Thaivisa members according to the amount of posts about it, it is not completely off topic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I think the point about Thailands road fatalities and the virus has got to keep getting made, and so do many other Thaivisa members according to the amount of posts about it, it is not completely off topic.

Its completely of topic as the topic is about the response on the virus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I was replying to a person who claimed that Thailand did nothing until March , I just pointed out that all arrivals from China  were being heat tested in January 

It's called screening, not testing. The backlog from the PUI (Person Under Investigation) waiting for tests grew almost at the same pace as the the queue itself until MoPH deleted, including old reports, the number of people in the queue from their reports, to hide the very low testing capacity. From the occasional news here, it took until May before MoPH got any sort of decent testing capacity running. Right now seems to be somewhere around 6-8k/day using pool sampling, unless their LAMP test can be produced in mass.

Edited by DrTuner