SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?  

371 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I think the point about Thailands road fatalities and the virus has got to keep getting made, and so do many other Thaivisa members according to the amount of posts about it, it is not completely off topic.

Why do you all feel to keep making the same point over and over again on a daily basis ?

10 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why do you all feel to keep making the same point over and over again on a daily basis ?

Very simple, there are thousands of Thaivisa members, and many newer members joining here all the time, if you get fed up reading about the same point being made, then feel free just to move on instead of complaining.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Very simple, there are thousands of Thaivisa members, and many newer members joining here all the time, if you get fed up reading about the same point being made, then feel free just to move on instead of complaining.

Just gets repetitive keep on reading the same point over and over again, day in , day out 

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Just gets repetitive keep on reading the same point over and over again, day in , day out 

I agree, just like it's always being mentioned about the amount of people dying at the scene of a road accident not counting in the statistics.

There are many, many different posters on here all the time, and you have got to be aware of that.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I agree, just like it's always being mentioned about the amount of people dying at the scene of a road accident not counting in the statistics.

There are many, many different posters on here all the time, and you have got to be aware of that.

Do that in topic related to road deaths or you will get your posts deleted eventually. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Weeeell, LOS, over decades, has lost the battle against road carnage, yet are being lauded for their C19 stuff. So why can't they sort the road stuff...?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

And I would be very surprised if there is one poster left on TVF who hasn't read the point about Coruna/road deaths and the deaths comparison 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 11:36 AM, Sumarianson said:

It just means that Thailand have not been lying their hats off like other countries. In fact there has not been a single patient that died in Thailand whose death can be solely attributed to the Coronavirus Covid 19! They all had underlying problems. In other countries, every patient that appeared in the hospital or even died at home of known causes was logged as having COVID 19, whether tested or not. Oc course this attributed to the exaggerated figures. While I admire the Thai authorities for collating truthful information I do believe that the danger was and still is overstated. I do not believe we should be wearing masks and creating fear in the population

(which is the main theme here)! I further believe that the lockdown with the restrictions it imposed has done unnecessary long lasting damage to the Thai economy, its businesses and people a majority of which will never recover. 

There is a fine line between what is necessary to control such a virus and creating unwarranted fear and damage to an economy. I honestly believe (with a great deal of research I might add) that the world overreacted, politicians, doctors and officials of hospitals and government were complicit in exaggerating the danger, the figures, the lockdown they said was required and much more. To add to that they have now introduced draconian unrealistic measures on travel which will destroy tourism. The previous measures that were in place in airports, lining up, invasive searches, bottles of liquid no more than 100ml, no water? These measures had already convinced me not to travel unless absolutely necessary. Your holiday from your stressful year at work became even more stressful, so much so, that you were glad to be back home. I just don't go and stay home now or travel locally by car. These newest measures will not encourage travellers. Thai people may say now that they don't want foreigners, but when their pockets are squeesed and the prices of items go up they may have a change of heart. I fear it will be all too late then as foreigners just like most, don't want to go where they are told they are not wanted ( thanks to leaders like Anutin the mouth with his racist dirty Farang rant) unless of course you are a millionaire for whom there is always a false smile and a Sawatdee Ka.

"a millionaire for whom there is always a false smile and a Sawatdee Ka."

For a millionaire, even heaven & hell has a lovely smile!

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Millions out of work ?

Nonsense.................. evidence to back up your statement ?

Exclude the black economy please. Life is largely back to normal in the Boonies most people (apart from bar workers and some dependent on international tourism), the Thais have been out spending money on domestic tourism and shops are as busy as before Coronavirus. 

International tourism made up around 15% of the total economy, if all related Industries are accounted for. Or around 6 million jobs. Most of those souls are unemployed. 

You are dreaming if you think most Thais are "back to normal". Unfortunately, outside of your bubble there is a world of hurt. 

• Like 2